Back after long hiatus - where should I start?
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2019 1:08:59 AM
Shocked

Zazzle used to be my most successful print on demand store with monthly royalty payments I could count on. But for the last 2 or 3 years with templates for mass creation of new products not working, I did not spend much time creating new products. I did create a few posters with very few photos hoping potential customers or lazy me would transfer the design to other products but NAH, that never happened.

So I NEED to create more products but do not know where to start. By now, Zazzle has so many new products like Gold Gloves or Yoga Mats and I have the feeling there is not enough time in my busy day to create anything over there...

Are templates for quick creation still a good idea? Should I invest some of my precious time to create my own templates all new from scratch? But which of the over 1,200 products should I use for templates? I am really lost :-(
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2019 4:19:20 AM
I don't use Quick Create so can't advise on that. I find more efficient to copy/paste a design to different blanks open in multiple tabs. Using "transfer This Design" myself is also good.

Where to start? If I were you, I'd start with creating products that can fill all your collections up to at least 7 products per collection. A collection only shows on the product page if it has 7 (or more) products in it. I looked at your store and noticed most of your collections have less than that and so won't show on product pages.

After that I'd move on to updating phone cases. I noticed that while you have many phone cases, most of them are for older models.
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2019 9:56:51 AM
Christine aka stine1 wrote:
Zazzle has so many new products like Gold Gloves

I am up to date on all new products, but Gold Gloves...Doesn't ring a bell. Can you point them out?
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2019 10:00:22 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Christine aka stine1 wrote:
Zazzle has so many new products like Gold Gloves

I am up to date on all new products, but Gold Gloves...Doesn't ring a bell. Can you point them out?

I wondered about the gold gloves as well.

But I do hope you can find your way back!

Adding: I am not the best person to give this kind of advice because I tend to be spontaneous and still find myself designing mostly what I enjoy designing. Sometimes I design with a specific purpose but it then it starts to feel like work and I stall out...
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2019 10:01:20 AM
Maybe a typo? We do have golf gloves.
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2019 10:03:37 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:

of course! it was too obvious for me to figure it out! LOLLaughing
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2019 10:09:38 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:

Doh! I don't design them so they didn't cross my mind! Thanks for catching!
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 1:04:10 AM
Oh yes, of course it is GOLF. Sorry for that typo!

Mhh, so I think I will start to fill my collections and create the latest phone cases.

Thank you all for your advice. Any other ideas? :-)
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:58:09 AM
I'm not sure if I can give you good advice, but I can share what I have done to start working on Zazzle again because I was in the same situation as you are last year.

I have been out of Zazzle for a couple of years, and came back in April 2018. I was overwhelmed at a lot of the new features that I was not familiar with such as zRank, Collections, new tagging policy, and some unseen products that are invisible with a red eye mark. I was confused where and how to start again.

I told myself, “Take a deep breath!”

I started by organizing my stores. I worked on re-tagging my products, re-writing the descriptions and deleted or modified my old designs while drafting new ones. Also, I created Collections.
I tried not to stress out, and worked little by little. I'm close to catching up now.

Divide and conquer!

I think it's a good idea to focus on a couple of products for a restart.
There are a lot of Zazzle products that make us want to create as much as possible. I thought before that templates for Quick Create are useful to create multiple products and help increase sales, but I doubt it now. It works well for some products and some designers. I'm still experimenting.