Zazzle's Homepage Animations
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 4:57:04 AM
I like the gif animations on Zazzle's homepage. They remind me of old school internet before videos.
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 5:17:38 AM
The times when you got epileptic seizures as soon as you entered one of those fancy, blinky-blinky websites with Christmas lighting set on max the whole year long, and perhaps with an underlying midi file set on endless loop, so if it happened to become blind you could still hear the call of the siren? Grin
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 7:32:53 AM
Its similar to watching TV shows from way back in the day that are in black and white, low definition, kodachrome or technicolor because its so different from the norm today. Is it nostalgic or going backwards? Shocked Either way its cute.
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 7:55:26 AM
Yes, PetsDreamlands, there was always the danger of seizures.
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 8:21:55 AM
They don't show up at all on my iPad. Just big blank white spaces.
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 8:33:30 AM
Maz wrote:

You have probably to install some extra app for that, it's like trying to open zip files (at least it was, no idea if zip files are supported by default nowadays on iThings). That's the drawback of buying bitten apple pies Grin
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 8:41:53 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Yes, PetsDreamlands, there was always the danger of seizures.

I must admit, I also had some fancy stuff on our website back then, but never exaggerated. One holiday season I was crazy enough to create an advent calendar with 25 animated gif snow globes. It took me hours for every single globe, and this just to make our customers happy and feel more holiday-ish Laughing

p.s. It seems to me, the new animated gifs are different to the old ones. Not sure, tho, never tried.
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 8:54:16 AM
AfriCreations wrote:
Its similar to watching TV shows from way back in the day that are in black and white, low definition, kodachrome or technicolor because its so different from the norm today. Is it nostalgic or going backwards? Shocked Either way its cute.

I still love to watch good old Hollywood movies and shows. Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, Cary Grant, Jerry Lewis, Sean Connery, Stan and Laurel, The Munsters, Miss Marple... Evergreens, entertaining and always worth the time spent watching. 80/90s sitcoms are also favorites of mine... Alf, Prince of Belair, The Nanny (Fran, oh Fran!), Al Bundy (no ma'am), Golden Girls... Argh, just realized how old I am ROFL
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 8:54:32 AM
Maz wrote:

Well, that answers it. I was wondering what those white areas were all about.
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 8:59:52 AM
Another way to look at it and some other aspects of Zazzle's site changes, it kinda feel a bit like social media where memes and animated graphic images are common (such as balloons for birthdays etc).
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 9:11:19 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Maz wrote:

As I supposed. You need to download a GIF viewer/player. Check Apple's app store.
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 10:14:58 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
Maz wrote:

As I supposed. You need to download a GIF viewer/player. Check Apple's app store.

That's an app I'll be sure to avoid. Grin
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 12:51:10 PM
Colorwash wrote:
PetsDreamlands wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
Maz wrote:

That's an app I'll be sure to avoid. Grin

oh but you will miss the alpaca's ear twitching and the rabbits nose...

today it's a penguin in a floatie with a scuba mask on... not going to dive too deep with the inner tube on but it is cute!

Laughing
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 1:51:33 PM
I think I’ll pass. Laughing
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 2:29:49 PM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
AfriCreations wrote:

I still love to watch good old Hollywood movies and shows. Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, Cary Grant, Jerry Lewis, Sean Connery, Stan and Laurel, The Munsters, Miss Marple... Evergreens, entertaining and always worth the time spent watching. 80/90s sitcoms are also favorites of mine... Alf, Prince of Belair, The Nanny (Fran, oh Fran!), Al Bundy (no ma'am), Golden Girls... Argh, just realized how old I am ROFL

Reading this made me really feel old... I grew up watching Gilligan's Island, Hogan's Heros, MASH and the original Star Trek. Back before the days of the sit-com... you sited shows my kids used to watch. Laughing
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 10:21:25 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Reading this made me really feel old... I grew up watching Gilligan's Island, Hogan's Heros, MASH and the original Star Trek. Back before the days of the sit-com... you sited shows my kids used to watch. Laughing

LOL, yeah, I feel with you. Kirk and Spock were among my favorites, back in my childhood, together with The Munsters and I Dream Of Jeannie. Oh, and Mr. Ed and Lassie, of course. 20 more years, and we'll get nostalgic thinking back to our good old Zazzle times, while personalizing holograms Laughing