Zazzle no longer selling at Amazon?
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 1:04:13 PM
I know there were issues with Zazzle's products on Amazon in the past, but for the past few weeks when I look up Zazzle at Amazon there are no products. Just a lot of "no image available" results. What happened?
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 4:23:01 PM
Yeah they are no longer in the list of sellers on the sidebar in the home decor dept. so I guess maybe not...

Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 11:48:47 AM
Huh. OK. So I guess Zazzle just doesn't advertise at all anymore. Good to know.
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 2:19:01 PM
Strange. I don't remember seeing any announcements about this. Seems a bit odd that they would abandon the platform and not inform designers.

Maybe a temporary issue of some sort?
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2019 1:07:35 AM
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in addressing this.

Zazzle has chosen to temporarily suspend selling made-to-order products through Amazon – a marketplace that is optimized for pre-made items. Instead, we are focusing our time and effort on creating better experiences on Zazzle for both designers and customers!
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2019 4:12:25 AM
James wrote:

Zazzle has chosen to temporarily suspend selling made-to-order products through Amazon – a marketplace that is optimized for pre-made items. Instead, we are focusing our time and effort on creating better experiences on Zazzle for both designers and customers!

Good choice. Considering, that Amazon is flooded with ultra cheap, dropshipped Chinese junk, IMO it's a wise decision to put the marketing efforts elsewhere, addressing shoppers who prefer to buy customizable quality products rather than overpriced Aliexpress stuff. Not only for competition, but also for reputation purposes, what is important for both, Zazzle and designers.
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2019 5:45:09 AM
James wrote:

Glad to hear it and I hope it becomes permanent. I never was comfortable with it.
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2019 8:01:40 AM
I wasn't totally charmed by promoting on Amazon, and I guess Zazzle ended up with the same feeling.
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2019 8:19:55 AM
Amazons customer pool is tempting but amazon has a vulture mentality, so selling on amazon gives amazon access to a large portion of your trade secrets and enables them to build their own with the help of your sales stats. And from what I observed amazon was never shy in doing just that.

So yes, I'm happy zazzle suspended their venture into the amazon marketplace and concentrate in being unique in their own right with their own customer base. As far as I know amazon offers advertisement space, so tapping in their customer pool is still an option without handing over sales info.

Though with this huge amount of infringements on amazon, amazon still has good portion of these sales stats, even with a "send from China" handicap. *sigh*

Smile Crying
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2019 9:30:42 AM
James wrote:

Thank you for the response.