Woohoo... first Z Payment arrived - guess I'll print it out and frame it :)
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2019 12:08:17 PM
Even if it's just a little something, it's a joy and motivating, especially considering, I've not really started yet and only sold a few little things to some FB friends, more by accident.

And the best... I got positively surprised. The payment came one day earlier than announced, the W8-BEN kicked correctly in, and... no Paypal fees at all (never expected that one, wow). Last but not least, I liked the lovely note that came with the payment: "Dear Zazzler, Please accept the attached payment for your Zazzle earnings. Thank you for being a Zazzle member!"

Thanks, Zazzle, for the nice surprise - you just provided my furkids a little extra-treat Roses

*feeling happy* Grin
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2019 12:14:30 PM
Congratulations!
Smile
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2019 12:35:06 PM
Col's Creations wrote:
Congratulations!
Smile

Thanks ColeenZ. As said, more a symbolical than a material gain. But that's what I need to continue my path. Tired of business as usual, want to take it more enjoying now, even if that job is even harder. So, yeah, happy boy here Smile

P.S. it could be better if I would finally move a bit faster, tho, LOL
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2019 1:35:19 PM
Well done - a memory to treasure Smile
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2019 1:55:53 PM
congrats! Roses
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2019 2:27:35 PM
Congratulations!
Roses Idea Roses

I remember being so excited when my first check came that I almost forgot to make a copy. Remembered just in time and while it's black and white, I have it, gosh darn it.

I kept the envelope too. Back then Z mailed them out with actual Z postage stamps instead of metered mail... big old Z logo on the stick on stamp... still makes me smile.

May this first payout lead to many more on a regular basis for you. Crossing my fingers and smiling for you. It feels darn good, doesn't it?
*three thumbs up*
:>
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2019 4:03:10 PM
Awesome!
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2019 4:03:43 PM
Well done!

Hoping the first leads to many more for you Grin
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2019 7:50:50 PM
Congrats! Copying and framing a first Zazzle check is exactly what I did!
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2019 8:38:23 PM
Thanks all for your nice words and wishes! I must say, Z's lovely and helpful community (mods explicitly included) is the delicious cherry that gives the cake that little extra yummy flavor...

Yes, it feels darn good, TheArtOfVikki, indeed Laughing

Happy designing and weekend all together, may the inspiration (and shoppers) be with you Smile
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2019 3:51:02 AM
Well that is no feat getting your first pay out. Good for you!

Visited your store for the first time. You made that paycheck on only 48 products. That's another great accomplishment.

You proved it's not about quantity but about quality!

Roses
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2019 4:15:27 AM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
Well that is no feat getting your first pay out. Good for you!

Visited your store for the first time. You made that paycheck on only 48 products. That's another great accomplishment.

You proved it's not about quantity but about quality!

Roses

That is an assumption that doesn't take into account that PetsDreamlands is not just competing on the zazzle market but comes with pet owners on his tail which he took much care to foster and cater to their needs and wishes.

Those 48 products are accompanied with marketing other than fine tuning title, descriptions and tags. There is another kind of hard work involved.

Smile
Which in no way is to say I diminish the quality or accomplishment.

@PetsDreamland

Congrats & Enjoy
and may there be more to come.

-Love-

Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2019 6:01:21 AM
vivendulies is right, except for the marketing part - no marketing at all yet, not even real promotion to customers, but on "coming soon" hold until I get my website at least to a basic stand and have some choice on my Zazzle store.

All sales except 2 that came from the marketplace were generated by custom works on request. The only products that are on an actual stand are the herding collie blankets and posters, all other products will be replaced by new ones with fine-tuned templates and descriptions + tags.

LM Gildersleeve is right on the Quality over Quantity aspect. I will never have a huge store simply due to the time it takes to create my works (from hours to days, depending on complexity and on how many cherries i pick on the way to the final work) and the time it takes to make all the rest right, not only on Zazzle, but also on website and socials. Such as descriptions, appealing website mockups, administration & database and last but not least promo and customer care. mass production and fillers are not my thing, it's counterproductive anyway.

My Zazzle store is just the purchasing place, all the rest will take place on FB (marketing and customer acquisition) and the website, which will be interconnected by API. Of course, there will be marketplace purchases, as soon as things get flowing and the designs gain ranks and visibility due to views and purchases. I'll see how much Z's MP contributes when time comes. For now I've spent my time testing, learning and selecting the products I want to offer, plus creating my own templates (besides annoying the poor mods, haha). I'm now ready to slowly create, fill up the store and promote the products one by one, while the real start is planned for coming Christmas. I'm slow as hell, but in my case, this approach has always paid off in the past.

Thanks for the compliments and wishes to both of you, really appreciated Roses
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2019 6:07:54 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:

All sales except 2 that came from the marketplace were generated by custom works on request.

That came from somewhere and is the result of some sort of marketing. Smile
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2019 6:51:14 AM
vivendulies wrote:
PetsDreamlands wrote:

All sales except 2 that came from the marketplace were generated by custom works on request.

That came from somewhere and is the result of some sort of marketing. Smile

Both times the same collie angel postcard, once on com and once later, transferred and on an EU site. Both times without affiliate earning (none - not a third-place), what signifies possibly a genuine Zazzle MP sale, found perhaps through dog or collie angel search. Not certain of course, and either way thanks to "some sort of marketing" (tags), so you're technically right Smile
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2019 7:35:17 AM
Aww congrats! The first of many checks!
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2019 12:22:56 PM
Congrats Roses and to many more!
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2019 1:40:36 PM
CongratulationsRoses
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:52:37 AM
Thanks, Augie, Betty and Sparkling Roses
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:47:56 PM
noice
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:19:02 PM
Nothing better than that first check smell...Mmmmmm. Grats!Roses Roses
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:14:04 AM
Here's to many more Roses
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2019 5:04:16 AM
James wrote:
Here's to many more Roses

Thanks James. For sure, as soon as I'm done with the annoying preparations and can fully concentrate on the creative part. I must say, Z fits my needs and works perfectly. You're doing a great job in delivering really great quality and customer care - all customers were happy with what they got, and so am I. Even the one with the unfortunate first attempt (you remember, the sweater).

Talking of the sweater... the second (well, third) attempt with the new design on the black shirt was almost perfect and looked good, even if much lighter than designed (fortunately I made the new design way darker and less saturated, so it came out pretty fine and natural). You really must work on the previews and make them more accurate. Please. The design on the shirts previews is way too vivid and large compared to the printed end result, that is lighter in colors (with some color shifts) and smaller on larger shirts (what looks fine when worn, though). Not ranting, just saying that it would be helpful for us designers, to approximately know, how the end result will be, so we don't have to guess and try and error and can deliver quality works.

A big thumbs up for the chiffon scarves, btw. The sweater customer ordered also a custom long scarf. Awesome print results (and product) and earned a huge WOW both from the customer and the gifted recipient (and myself, when I saw the RL photos). The colors are extraordinarily vibrant and crispy, matching the vivid RGB artwork perfectly (even a tad darker). Just wonderful. In that case, you have to make the previews of the chiffon scarves look more vivid and darker/with more contrast (basically the original design as is), to match the end result better. They are too washed out now, what is a shame, because the product is really amazing and I'm sure there will be a significant sales increase, if customers see, what a beautiful gift they get. I will for sure heavily promote them in future.

Have a great weekend!
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2019 5:09:28 AM
Thanks eightbitarmy & Softproduct - and yes, the first check is always something special Happy
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 5:03:18 AM
How exciting! Congratulations and I hope its the beginning of many more sales!Roses
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:03:54 AM
Great accomplishment, and it will lead to more sales.

May you have great success in all of your Zazzle endeavors. Roses
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 1:13:14 PM
Congratulations! Roses