What's Zazzle? 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 7:14:15 AM
Normally when I participate in events I mention Zazzle and sometimes get a question such as "What's Zazzle?" Thus it is the reason for the title of this post. Its rhetorical.

The last event I participated in was a back to school event on 8/4/18. At this event there were also celebrities who participated in a panel discussion to talk about the importance of education.

At my vendor spot I had my own original handmade crocheted creations and also an interesting assortment of products with prints of my crocheted designs from my Zazzle store. Due to the fact I had a spot indoors I was able to plug in a couple of the night lights and turn them on for the display. I have updated my website and FB page with images of the variety of products at the event from my Zazzle store. Smile
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 8:03:07 AM
Most people have never heard of Zazzle
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 8:55:57 AM
randysgrandma wrote:
Most people have never heard of Zazzle

And even when told, they continue to call it Dazzle.Smile
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 11:23:04 AM
bequiet wrote:
randysgrandma wrote:
Most people have never heard of Zazzle

And even when told, they continue to call it Dazzle.Smile


There are product reviews on the website calling it Dazzle, when the actual name is right there to copy. If I ever did a Zazzle review bingo, Dazzle would have to be a square.
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 7:01:00 AM
In addition to events that I do throughout the year, I will be a regular vendor at the farmer's market again so its even more exposure for Zazzle as I will have printed items from my Zazzle store in addition to the handmade items I create. Smile
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2018 5:56:24 PM
Regarding the above, I added a photo to media that shows a portion of my tent with all over print bags and other unique crocheted creations and prints from my Zazzle store at a very popular farmer's market in Florida. Smile
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 8:34:40 AM
I will be a vendor at another big event in August. My website and my FB and Twitter pages have the link to the new news story about it in the newspaper. As usual I will have my original handmade crochet creations and also assorted products from my Zazzle store that have prints of my crocheted designs. Smile
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:17:21 AM
Judging by the dearth of sales, I'd say that's a fair question to ask.

Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:50:32 AM
Ironically, the question is even more relevant today than when I created the post approximately a year ago due to Zazzle's changes and experimentations and Zazzle's unpredictability and communication (or lack of), including what is going on with inventory, images and the direction of the site. As a professional business person who has to plan and manage my time very well, being in the know is important. I don't have those issues with my own business or others I do business with.
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:10:46 PM
AfriCreations wrote:
I will be a vendor at another big event in August. My website and my FB and Twitter pages have the link to the new news story about it in the newspaper. As usual I will have my original handmade crochet creations and also assorted products from my Zazzle store that have prints of my crocheted designs. Smile


wishing you lots of sales!Smile
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:13:43 PM
AfriCreations wrote:
Ironically, the question is even more relevant today than when I created the post approximately a year ago due to Zazzle's changes and experimentations and Zazzle's unpredictability and communication (or lack of), including what is going on with inventory, images and the direction of the site. As a professional business person who has to plan and manage my time very well, being in the know is important. I don't have those issues with my own business or others I do business with.


All the experimenting is making me tired... and also wondering if all my time and work invested here is worth it in the long haul, because I was looking it this as a hopeful supplemental income stream for years to come.

ETA: it is kind of worrisome when it seems like Zazzle isn't sure what they are doing.
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 1:42:41 PM
I'm just a-wishing and a-hoping that after all of this experimentation that Zazzle doesn't make seismic changes in September and October the way they did last year just as we're all gearing up for the holidays. It makes me really nervous when they mention things are in the works that we designers will just love.
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:52:02 PM
Saints_Aplenty wrote:
I'm just a-wishing and a-hoping that after all of this experimentation that Zazzle doesn't make seismic changes in September and October the way they did last year just as we're all gearing up for the holidays. It makes me really nervous when they mention things are in the works that we designers will just love.

yeah, its getting that way isn't it? As soon as they announce these awesome and wonderful new features, bells and whistles, I just wanna go screaming..."run for the hills" because invariably the dream is a nightmare. But I've been through so many of these worrisome Septembers that it almost doesn't matter anymore. I have a hard time believing it can actually get any worse. It's just turned into one long experiment.
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:59:29 PM
What Zazzle is today: A place for promoters to design paper products and wedding ephemera, mainly targeting female shoppers.

What it might become, long term: A place for shoppers to design their own products, using either their own images or choosing from a supply of CC0/public domain images. Entertainment-branded merchandise might hang around on the side.
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 3:33:31 PM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
What Zazzle is today: A place for promoters to design paper products and wedding ephemera, mainly targeting female shoppers.

What it might become, long term: A place for shoppers to design their own products, using either their own images or choosing from a supply of CC0/public domain images. Entertainment-branded merchandise might hang around on the side.


Well I obviously hope you are wrong, but it does seem like this might be an accurate forecast.

I have been making more invitations lately in hopes of hanging in there and I am trying to get better at promoting. I don't give up easy but I am not the fufu weddings type and I am not sure my style can be translated into "paperie". But Zazzle experimenting is forcing me to experiment.
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 4:36:10 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
AfriCreations wrote:
Ironically, the question is even more relevant today than when I created the post approximately a year ago due to Zazzle's changes and experimentations and Zazzle's unpredictability and communication (or lack of), including what is going on with inventory, images and the direction of the site. As a professional business person who has to plan and manage my time very well, being in the know is important. I don't have those issues with my own business or others I do business with.


All the experimenting is making me tired... and also wondering if all my time and work invested here is worth it in the long haul, because I was looking it this as a hopeful supplemental income stream for years to come.

ETA: it is kind of worrisome when it seems like Zazzle isn't sure what they are doing.


I had another meltdown over cards with no envelopes. I want all my cards to have envelopes. I want all my cards semi-gloss to stand out.

Sunday I started going through all my cards, I often have to check what sold when there are multiple orange, calico, white, tabby cats etc. to know which it was. I was horrified at the number without envelopes. I checked the 1st half I'd done Sunday yesterday and they hadn't changed yet. I finished my large store yesterday and am trying so hard not to check again till tomorrow lest I bust a gasket.

BUT THE BIG THING WAS stats I know were wrong. Some of the people that I use pets of like to know how well they sell (guess it's an ego thing). So what do I see?

Mainly a yellow lab Christmas card that I'd once checked and was surprised that it was my very top selling card said 63 sales, I checked other yellow lab cards to make sure I wasn't misremembering. Other cards I remember seeing frequently come through sold (should count just how many orange tabby cat products I have lol) with scant sales listed. I checked that one yellow lab card multiple times sunday and I will say that last NIGHT it was finally correct at over 2500 sales. Then going through all those cards and seeing so many with large bundles listed as the purchase price nearly sent me into taking a second blood pressure pill (would of caught up with me when I calmed down lol)

I'm thoroughly disillusioned here. I seriously think if I find a single card without envelopes when I check tomorrow, in my main store I've gone through, I'm just going back into hibernation the heck with the holidays I don't trust Zazzle with much of anything anymore

d

(boy I needed this rant)
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 5:04:00 PM
deemac1 wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
AfriCreations wrote:
Ironically, the question is even more relevant today than when I created the post approximately a year ago due to Zazzle's changes and experimentations and Zazzle's unpredictability and communication (or lack of), including what is going on with inventory, images and the direction of the site. As a professional business person who has to plan and manage my time very well, being in the know is important. I don't have those issues with my own business or others I do business with.


All the experimenting is making me tired... and also wondering if all my time and work invested here is worth it in the long haul, because I was looking it this as a hopeful supplemental income stream for years to come.

ETA: it is kind of worrisome when it seems like Zazzle isn't sure what they are doing.


I had another meltdown over cards with no envelopes. I want all my cards to have envelopes. I want all my cards semi-gloss to stand out.

Sunday I started going through all my cards, I often have to check what sold when there are multiple orange, calico, white, tabby cats etc. to know which it was. I was horrified at the number without envelopes. I checked the 1st half I'd done Sunday yesterday and they hadn't changed yet. I finished my large store yesterday and am trying so hard not to check again till tomorrow lest I bust a gasket.

BUT THE BIG THING WAS stats I know were wrong. Some of the people that I use pets of like to know how well they sell (guess it's an ego thing). So what do I see?

Mainly a yellow lab Christmas card that I'd once checked and was surprised that it was my very top selling card said 63 sales, I checked other yellow lab cards to make sure I wasn't misremembering. Other cards I remember seeing frequently come through sold (should count just how many orange tabby cat products I have lol) with scant sales listed. I checked that one yellow lab card multiple times sunday and I will say that last NIGHT it was finally correct at over 2500 sales. Then going through all those cards and seeing so many with large bundles listed as the purchase price nearly sent me into taking a second blood pressure pill (would of caught up with me when I calmed down lol)

I'm thoroughly disillusioned here. I seriously think if I find a single card without envelopes when I check tomorrow, in my main store I've gone through, I'm just going back into hibernation the heck with the holidays I don't trust Zazzle with much of anything anymore

d

(boy I needed this rant)


I got exhausted just reading that...
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 5:16:22 PM
deemac1 wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
AfriCreations wrote:
Ironically, the question is even more relevant today than when I created the post approximately a year ago due to Zazzle's changes and experimentations and Zazzle's unpredictability and communication (or lack of), including what is going on with inventory, images and the direction of the site. As a professional business person who has to plan and manage my time very well, being in the know is important. I don't have those issues with my own business or others I do business with.


All the experimenting is making me tired... and also wondering if all my time and work invested here is worth it in the long haul, because I was looking it this as a hopeful supplemental income stream for years to come.

ETA: it is kind of worrisome when it seems like Zazzle isn't sure what they are doing.


I had another meltdown over cards with no envelopes. I want all my cards to have envelopes. I want all my cards semi-gloss to stand out.

Sunday I started going through all my cards, I often have to check what sold when there are multiple orange, calico, white, tabby cats etc. to know which it was. I was horrified at the number without envelopes. I checked the 1st half I'd done Sunday yesterday and they hadn't changed yet. I finished my large store yesterday and am trying so hard not to check again till tomorrow lest I bust a gasket.

BUT THE BIG THING WAS stats I know were wrong. Some of the people that I use pets of like to know how well they sell (guess it's an ego thing). So what do I see?

Mainly a yellow lab Christmas card that I'd once checked and was surprised that it was my very top selling card said 63 sales, I checked other yellow lab cards to make sure I wasn't misremembering. Other cards I remember seeing frequently come through sold (should count just how many orange tabby cat products I have lol) with scant sales listed. I checked that one yellow lab card multiple times sunday and I will say that last NIGHT it was finally correct at over 2500 sales. Then going through all those cards and seeing so many with large bundles listed as the purchase price nearly sent me into taking a second blood pressure pill (would of caught up with me when I calmed down lol)

I'm thoroughly disillusioned here. I seriously think if I find a single card without envelopes when I check tomorrow, in my main store I've gone through, I'm just going back into hibernation the heck with the holidays I don't trust Zazzle with much of anything anymore

d

(boy I needed this rant)


Had you deleted some products?
I've noticed that when I delete products, the stats seem to get scrambled temporarily.
Sort of like if you deleted a box in an Excel spreadsheet, but the others stayed in place, causing a skew in information much like what I *think* you are describing.

Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 5:34:31 PM
·▽·


Probably because of my personal history -- I was several times out of a job and any income at all, but a huge dept and obligations not to speak of the need for food and shelter -- my expectations are very low but still unrealistically faithful, that if I hit rock bottom once again, there will be another door, another helping hand, another stream of income somewhere knocking on my door.

I kind of expect to hit rock bottom again. Life for me seems to have this recurring theme.

Happy
probably because my timing sucks.


Zazzle way of doing business doesn't bother me very much. Yes, I roll my eyes, when items are out of stock for month or items are listed out of stock from day one and never get added like the black metal lunch box.
If this where a video life chat you would have seen me rolling my eyes as I typed the last bit.

But I roll them and move on.



Zazzle is a site, where your gift is produced after you order, because you can change it right before you order, add your text, change colors and add your own images - in short print on demand for truly personalized gifts. The best with this kind of service, you find professional designer helping you with templates, cute ideas and high quality layouts on the site.

Love


Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:41:21 PM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
What Zazzle is today: A place for promoters to design paper products and wedding ephemera, mainly targeting female shoppers.

Lol, I think you nailed it.
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 6:38:01 AM
Paper Grape

I just really needed to get that rant out. I know how I would feel if I didn't notice cards I'd ordered came without envelopes, I'd never be back. A pet peeve (among many) of mine. I feel better now but then I still haven't checked if the envelope adding worked yet lol.

Shelli

Yep I'm tired, and I haven't even looked at my small store yet.

I also noted a lot of products being over the 'last viewed' date that weren't showing up in my hidden check.

d
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 7:53:40 AM
bequiet wrote:
randysgrandma wrote:
Most people have never heard of Zazzle

And even when told, they continue to call it Dazzle.Smile


lol Yes. "Dazzle?"
"No. Za-za with a Z as in zebra."
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:11:08 AM
What is zazzle?

Who or what am I?

Been pondering my own introduction. never felt right saying I'm a designer. However I'm comfortable saying, "Hello I'm an illustrator of nature, in a ???? style"

That what I'm stuck on, stencil, stamp, primitive, icon, negative space, or am I tribal?

Its hard to define Z without defining the niche. With over a thousand products (or is it 100's) I can pick and choose the products for the target niche.

I try to promote my works and store, before Z. Maybe I'm wrong in that.

I view Z as a where you can buy custom products
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:17:43 AM
I think we need to introduce the Whine Fairy's cousin the Grump Fairy.

I'ts been a typical summer. Not great, not terrible. After my rant the 23rd I sold a bottle cooler, tote, print, postcard and 25 folded Xmas cards on the 24th. A folded greeting card and a mousepad today. Of course I'll probably pay for it in coming days lol.

Should I ruin my mood by starting to work on my small store and the envelopes?

d
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:29:10 AM
deemac1 wrote:
I think we need to introduce the Whine Fairy's cousin the Grump Fairy.

I'ts been a typical summer. Not great, not terrible. After my rant the 23rd I sold a bottle cooler, tote, print, postcard and 25 folded Xmas cards on the 24th. A folded greeting card and a mousepad today. Of course I'll probably pay for it in coming days lol.

Should I ruin my mood by starting to work on my small store and the envelopes?

d


I'd like to say nah, let it go but you might regret it if you put it off until the traditional Zazzle holiday "big new thing" announcement...

oh, there I go being negative again Stick out tongue
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 4:27:15 AM
Ira wrote:
What is zazzle?

Who or what am I?

Been pondering my own introduction. never felt right saying I'm a designer. However I'm comfortable saying, "Hello I'm an illustrator of nature, in a ???? style"

That what I'm stuck on, stencil, stamp, primitive, icon, negative space, or am I tribal?

Its hard to define Z without defining the niche. With over a thousand products (or is it 100's) I can pick and choose the products for the target niche.

I try to promote my works and store, before Z. Maybe I'm wrong in that.

I view Z as a where you can buy custom products


I can say I am a designer because that is what I am and in addition I am a long time published crochet designer before Zazzle or the internet existed. Zazzle is for custom products, but Zazzle is also a marketplace. Products don't have to be customized or have templates. It wouldn't be optional for designers if that was or is the case. Whether online or offline Zazzle is promoted by me directly or indirectly due to my significant presence online (Wikipedia, website, social media, offline market and events etc).
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 4:30:51 AM
In trying to find out Zazzle's direction I came across this accidentally, like I do other things on Zazzle (such as some discontinued or out of stock products). So it appears Zazzle's direction is weddings, paper and kids social media. Who uses Bitmoji or Snapchat?

https://help.zazzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014676413-Bring-Your-Bitmoji-to-Life-on-Zazzle
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 5:03:43 AM
AfriCreations wrote:
In trying to find out Zazzle's direction I came across this accidentally, like I do other things on Zazzle (such as some discontinued or out of stock products). So it appears Zazzle's direction is weddings, paper and kids social media. Who uses Bitmoji or Snapchat?

https://help.zazzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014676413-Bring-Your-Bitmoji-to-Life-on-Zazzle

never heard of Bitmoji - I fear I'm not in that age span anymore - but checked the link and like that idea, cute. The only question is, how Z manages to let the kids put their "bitmojis" on Z products and purchase them. Are they going the "borrow your dad's CC" path or the "scream as loud as you can until mom buys you that large blanket and matching pillow set plus the chocolate box for your cute little boy/girlfriend" one ;-)

I definitely opt for weddings and paper ware, that's also most certainly where they have the highest profit margins and least hassles, doing all by themselves. Plus maybe shirts and some standard bestsellers, such as blankets, pillows, mugs. I'm pretty sure there will be more and more "completely oos" "unique" products in the future. If you look at the newest adds, mostly paper stuff. While S6 as example just came out with outdoors furniture, this after new curtains.
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 5:29:50 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
AfriCreations wrote:
In trying to find out Zazzle's direction I came across this accidentally, like I do other things on Zazzle (such as some discontinued or out of stock products). So it appears Zazzle's direction is weddings, paper and kids social media. Who uses Bitmoji or Snapchat?

https://help.zazzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014676413-Bring-Your-Bitmoji-to-Life-on-Zazzle

never heard of Bitmoji - I fear I'm not in that age span anymore - but checked the link and like that idea, cute. The only question is, how Z manages to let the kids put their "bitmojis" on Z products and purchase them. Are they going the "borrow your dad's CC" path or the "scream as loud as you can until mom buys you that large blanket and matching pillow set plus the chocolate box for your cute little boy/girlfriend" one ;-)

I definitely opt for weddings and paper ware, that's also most certainly where they have the highest profit margins and least hassles, doing all by themselves. Plus maybe shirts and some standard bestsellers, such as blankets, pillows, mugs. I'm pretty sure there will be more and more "completely oos" "unique" products in the future. If you look at the newest adds, mostly paper stuff. While S6 as example just came out with outdoors furniture, this after new curtains.


As mentioned I found this accidentally because I was looking over Zazzle's entire website (not my Zazzle store) in order to know how to proceed without wasting a lot of time on Zazzle due to Zazzle's inadequate communication, experimentations, and surprises. By doing so, once I have the time to go over my entire store on Zazzle I will have a better idea or be more knowledgeable about what is going with Zazzle or at least about some things. Based on the link, you can see the section of Zazzle I was at when I came across this thing that looks more like something for juveniles. So I am sure there are probably many others who never heard of it also.


Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 6:32:46 AM
AfriCreations wrote:
In trying to find out Zazzle's direction I came across this accidentally, like I do other things on Zazzle (such as some discontinued or out of stock products). So it appears Zazzle's direction is weddings, paper and kids social media. Who uses Bitmoji or Snapchat?

https://help.zazzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014676413-Bring-Your-Bitmoji-to-Life-on-Zazzle


Yeah, bitmoji and snapchat, not me... my grandkids do...

I have been doing more paper products trying to keep from being left behind.

Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded