What's Zazzle? 2 pages: 1 [2]
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 7:04:34 AM
I know people old enough to have teenagers that use bitmoji.
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:17:46 AM
AfriCreations wrote:
Who uses Bitmoji or Snapchat?

Um, me. And lots of other adults. Snapchat isn't just for kids. I wish I looked like my Bitmoji in real life, though. lol
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:25:33 AM
deemac1 wrote:

I had another meltdown over cards with no envelopes. I want all my cards to have envelopes. I want all my cards semi-gloss to stand out.

I just had a meltdown over gloss vs. semi-gloss. I want all my paper products to be gloss, and back when the default was changed to matte, I spent DAYS changing them all (100s) back to gloss. Ordered a few postcards the other day from my store, and what did I get in the mail today? MATTE. A matte postcard looks like I printed it on my home computer.
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 10:25:13 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
deemac1 wrote:

I had another meltdown over cards with no envelopes. I want all my cards to have envelopes. I want all my cards semi-gloss to stand out.

I just had a meltdown over gloss vs. semi-gloss. I want all my paper products to be gloss, and back when the default was changed to matte, I spent DAYS changing them all (100s) back to gloss. Ordered a few postcards the other day from my store, and what did I get in the mail today? MATTE. A matte postcard looks like I printed it on my home computer.

Really? Everything was set to gloss and now it's all back to matte?!
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 10:30:46 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
deemac1 wrote:

As (officially former) software engineer I don't get this. When you upgrade your software or make a new version, you have to take care to be as most backwards compatible as possible, especially with customers' data, or you will provoke a sh*tstorm.

Related to Z's cards: If you offer glossy prints and then you start offering matte ones, you may set the default of your new cards to whatever you want, but the already existing ones have to be set to glossy. If you make other updates and offer now whatever new paper type, you can, again, set the default of new ones at will, but the paper type option set by your designers on their old cards and saved in your database have to remain unchanged. Setting the default to matte and putting the old cards to matte, despite they were printed on glossy paper before, is plain and simple doing a poor and shortsighted job.
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 10:34:48 AM
Colorwash wrote:
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
deemac1 wrote:

Mine (made before and after the paper changes) are correctly set to gloss, just checked.
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 10:55:52 AM
Colorwash wrote:

No, not all, thank heavens.

Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 10:59:41 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:

Related to Z's cards: If you offer glossy prints and then you start offering matte ones, you may set the default of your new cards to whatever you want, but the already existing ones have to be set to glossy.

Well they don't "have to" be, apparently. I nearly cried when I had to spend all those hours changing them back to glossy. And to compound the problem, the changes don't/didn't take effect right away. So then I had to go back later and recheck them all, one by one. Sigh.
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 11:42:02 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
deemac1 wrote:

+1000

Kindred Spirit!

I almost literally see red and explode. Not good for me at my age!

d
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 11:43:09 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Well they don't "have to" be, apparently. I nearly cried when I had to spend all those hours changing them back to glossy. And to compound the problem, the changes don't/didn't take effect right away. So then I had to go back later and recheck them all, one by one. Sigh.

I feel with you, know these moments well, when hours and hours - or days - of work just disappear and have to be reinvested for whatever reason not caused by yourself.
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 11:50:36 AM
Oh geez.....I didn't double check postcards.

It's crying time....

d
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 12:47:45 PM
Hopefully yours will be ok. At least it was only a handful for me. But I still bought stupid matte travel postcards, so I'm a bit grumpy, lol.
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 1:35:58 PM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Hopefully yours will be ok. At least it was only a handful for me. But I still bought stupid matte travel postcards, so I'm a bit grumpy, lol.

I don't understand why your old settings can't stay the way you set them... this doesn't make sense and is frustrating to say the least!
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 3:53:17 PM
Well I'm about 2/3 thru my postcards and had a thought.

Wrapping paper, gift bags and stickers also have the glossy/matte choice. I think it might be easier to just delete everything and start over elsewhere when you have to keep having sessions like this.

I'm beyond grumpy now.

c
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 4:37:14 PM
Oh no, don’t give me more things to check! Shocked
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 5:58:53 PM
Maz wrote:
I know people old enough to have teenagers that use bitmoji.

Gosh, my grandson who uses them is a teenager...
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 6:54:00 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Oh no, don’t give me more things to check! Shocked

Yes!

always in the back of my mind is the limitation of what shows in our stores. 17 pages isn't it? I missed when they first implemented it and found out when a friend thinking it would be nice to get her grandsons something made by someone they know but having no idea what started going through my shop (singular then) and told me I only had about a third of the products I'd told her I had. I've never promoted except an occasional forum post, now I don't even bother to tell friends about my shop.

All these other aggravations pile onto that one simmering in the back of my mind and push me into a place I don't want to be. I'm no natural at this and I worked hard! Though I do enjoy most of it I don't want to waste my time. 8,300 products in one shop and 2,600 in the other, for my peace of mind I haven't counted how many actually appear should someone look through my stores. I can't even begin to imagine how people with more products cope.

It's times like this that I seriously consider limiting what I have here to fit their limit criteria and move everything else somewhere else. Only the herculean effort that would require has stopped me but I swear it's getting closer.

d
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 7:07:12 AM
deemac1 wrote:
always in the back of my mind is the limitation of what shows in our stores. 17 pages isn't it? I missed when they first implemented it and found out when a friend thinking it would be nice to get her grandsons something made by someone they know but having no idea what started going through my shop (singular then) and told me I only had about a third of the products I'd told her I had....
d

There is a page limit on your own stores? Really? Since when do you limit page navigation on websites, especially on stores, hiding products and losing potential sales? I close both eyes on the marketplace, but on your own designer store? Of course you can use categories, but what's about searches? Funny.
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 7:17:16 AM
Scott explained the 17 page limit previously.

Quote:
Only affects designers with >9,500 products in a single store who also decide to go paginating through every single page of 9,500+ products.

This is due to some changes that we made with the indexing for stores.

Easiest workaround is to sort by Department first, and then you should be able to paginate through each and every page just fine.

https://forum.zazzle.com/technical/88_percent_of_products_missing_from_back_office
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 8:13:16 AM
All I know is when I sign out I only get 17 pages, neither my friends or I are intelligent enough to figure that out. And even though it's been years it still stings that my friend thought I was nuts even for selling here. Yes I know hardly anyone searches that way, but if I were a promoter I would probably want to to browse more for more variety, there are a lot of little gems out there.

I mean I'm not ALL dogs and cats lol

d
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 7:36:59 AM
I told myself I was just going to stay away from Zazzle except for checking sales.

Then I had a sale of a birthday greeting card that said 'matte'. I thought OK go to that card in my store and make sure it wasn't customization before I lose my cool. I went to my 'birthday' category. Uh, it's not there, and only 27 cards were showing under birthday. OK I search the store under 'birthday'. Only 27 cards show up and not the sold one (and it's a somewhat popular card) I have way more than 27 birthday cards.

I'm confused. I search the store under 'white pitbull' and it shows up. Birthday in title, tags and description. At least it shows up there under 'semi-gloss' so customer did that, or put it in their cart before I changed it and just purchased it.

I'm really beginning to think I'm losing my mind.

d
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 11:30:49 AM
deemac1 wrote:
I told myself I was just going to stay away from Zazzle except for checking sales.

Then I had a sale of a birthday greeting card that said 'matte'. I thought OK go to that card in my store and make sure it wasn't customization before I lose my cool. I went to my 'birthday' category. Uh, it's not there, and only 27 cards were showing under birthday. OK I search the store under 'birthday'. Only 27 cards show up and not the sold one (and it's a somewhat popular card) I have way more than 27 birthday cards.

I'm confused. I search the store under 'white pitbull' and it shows up. Birthday in title, tags and description. At least it shows up there under 'semi-gloss' so customer did that, or put it in their cart before I changed it and just purchased it.

d

I read not too long ago in the tech forum Scott told somebody that back end store search was not working as expected.

I haven't read of a fix for it since then so it is probably that. Mine was acting up the other day too.

Makes it kind of hard to manage your products though...
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 1:58:00 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
deemac1 wrote:

d

I read not too long ago in the tech forum Scott told somebody that back end store search was not working as expected.

I haven read of a fix for it since then so it is probably that. Mine was acting up the other day too.

Thank you,

I was beginning to think I'd completely lost my mind. I even changed my avatar to reflect that (actually one of my dogs trying to catch a carrot piece in mid jump. My dogs will fight over carrots).

d
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 3:31:04 PM
deemac1 wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
deemac1 wrote:

d

I haven read of a fix for it since then so it is probably that. Mine was acting up the other day too.

Thank you,

I was beginning to think I'd completely lost my mind. I even changed my avatar to reflect that (actually one of my dogs trying to catch a carrot piece in mid jump. My dogs will fight over carrots).

d

LOL, mine wouldn't, but they do love tomatoes!
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 9:17:35 AM
I had a dog who ate corn on the cob just like a human, rolling it when necessary to get to the fresh rows of kernels.

I had a cat who adored raisins.

My husband had a dog who loved tossed salad, but only if it had dressing on it.
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 11:36:56 AM
They just can't leave me alone can they? This is getting personal.

White pitbull on red birthday card sold again. Matte again. This time I couldn't find it in my store under the birthday category or by searching 'white pitbull'. But I could find it by searching 'white pitbull birthday'

Good grief....I can't help envision how much money I (and Zazzle) might be making if things actually worked!

I need to find a vicious avatar.

d
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 11:56:22 AM
Ira wrote:
What is zazzle?

Who or what am I?

Been pondering my own introduction. never felt right saying I'm a designer. However I'm comfortable saying, "Hello I'm an illustrator of nature, in a ???? style"

That what I'm stuck on, stencil, stamp, primitive, icon, negative space, or am I tribal?

Its hard to define Z without defining the niche. With over a thousand products (or is it 100's) I can pick and choose the products for the target niche.

I try to promote my works and store, before Z. Maybe I'm wrong in that.

I view Z as a where you can buy custom products

zazzle is a canvas and we are artists
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:49:19 AM
I am not active in the forums very often, but when I am here I am direct and make my points. I think Zazzle may be paying more attention. A recent change I noticed is the fact that the homepage is sharp and vibrant and not washed out or have a throwback of gif animations. The other is a product that is not customizable and printed all over - the Afridrille shoes. Both changes may be just coincidences and not due to recent discussions in the forums about Zazzle's changes and direction.

Zazzle still feels like its always changing and experimenting, and so somewhat still unpredictable, therefore I no longer make plans months in advance like I do for my own business and other things.