Visible White Design on Gel Mousepads
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 5:49:48 AM
I have never seen this before on the Gel Mousepads. What is that large, white design visible on the left side image view? Is this a glitch?
https://www.zazzle.com/crater_lake_national_park_photo_gel_mouse_pad-159000923280403957
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:02:15 AM
northwestphotos wrote:
I have never seen this before on the Gel Mousepads. What is that large, white design visible on the left side image view? Is this a glitch?
https://www.zazzle.com/crater_lake_national_park_photo_gel_mouse_pad-159000923280403957

Looks to me it's the mouse to give a relative size ratio perspective.
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:19:36 AM
Thanks! Not so sure that it is such a good idea. It looks so strange and may be off putting to customers that don't realize what it is. It looks to me like an intentional white space that I put on the design myself. It never appeared to me that it could be representing a mouse.
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 3:59:10 PM
Moving this to Everything Else
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 4:30:42 PM
I had to look out of curiosity and then I had to laugh... they could at least add some detail to it to make it look like a mouse.

As is, it looks like a mouse shaped hole waiting for an image.
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 5:39:49 PM
Perhaps a slight change in "phraseology"of the comments here and this thread could have been left in "Suggestions and Feedback" because the image requires some redoing to make the imagery more effective...IMO.
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:01:33 PM
Digitalbcon wrote:
Perhaps a slight change in "phraseology"of the comments here and this thread could have been left in "Suggestions and Feedback" because the image requires some redoing to make the imagery more effective...IMO.


I'm sure they can ignore it just as well from either place.
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:39:33 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Digitalbcon wrote:
Perhaps a slight change in "phraseology"of the comments here and this thread could have been left in "Suggestions and Feedback" because the image requires some redoing to make the imagery more effective...IMO.


I'm sure they can ignore it just as well from either place.

...unfortunately true!
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 12:35:45 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
I had to look out of curiosity and then I had to laugh... they could at least add some detail to it to make it look like a mouse.

As is it looks like a mouse shaped hole waiting for an image.

That is an Apple Magic Mouse, sans the grey Apple logo.
here is a reviewer photo with the Magic Mouse



You can use them with Windows if you download an app, but they do not work well with Windows. Microsoft makes a similar one called the Surface Arc and there are other 3rd party touch mice that work well with Windows. While I wouldn't call this form factor the future of the mouse, some people would rather have the ergonomic form factor, it is still a very popular one these days especially with Mac owners.
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 5:16:59 AM
Whatever it is or isn't, it isn't presented very well, which was the overview of this thread.
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 6:19:12 AM
Well, if Apple makes them in any other color than white, it might be a good idea to use that for the preview so that it doesn't look unfinished and unprofessional. Either that or get permission to use the Apple logo...



Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 6:44:28 AM
A conventional mouse that has some shape, a wheel and 2 mouse buttons would do a better job. No need to be radical chic while depicting an ordinary mousepad, it's not a mobile device, where bitten apples matter (to some) ;-)
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:48:59 AM
I agree with PetsDreamlands. A conventional mouse would be much, much better. I don't do the gel mouse pads, but that white mouse doesn't look good on the regular mouse pads either. BTW... Why isn't Zazzle using the kind of mouse they actually sell? It looks like a mouse. It's black and white with buttons and wheel and can by CUSTOMIZED! In marketing materials, mention could be made of designing a possible coordinating mouse or buying one by the same designer.
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:56:43 AM
If it is there to depict size, which is what I figure, the Magic Mouse is a pretty good choice. Windows mice are all different sizes. Without using a brand logo the Apple Magic Mouse is still quite familiar, or at least I thought that they were, and they are all the same size.

Shelli, they do now make a black one, actually "Space Gray", which they could add a little more contour detail to.

Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:08:09 AM
Saints_Aplenty wrote:
I agree with PetsDreamlands. A conventional mouse would be much, much better. I don't do the gel mouse pads, but that white mouse doesn't look good on the regular mouse pads either. BTW... Why isn't Zazzle using the kind of mouse they actually sell? It looks like a mouse. It's black and white with buttons and wheel and can by CUSTOMIZED! In marketing materials, mention could be made of designing a possible coordinating mouse or buying one by the same designer.

I also had the idea to coordinate mouse and mouse pad, but the mouse is completely sold out for an eternity now. Just checked it again.
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:19:39 AM
Jerry Lambert wrote:
If it is there to depict size, which is what I figure, the Magic Mouse is a pretty good choice. Windows mice are all different sizes. Without using a brand logo the Apple Magic Mouse is still quite familiar, or at least I thought that they were, and they are all the same size.

Shelli, they do now make a black one, actually "Space Gray", which they could add a little more contour detail to.


Don't think it's that familiar among PC users, and the gals are right, on the preview it looks a bit weird, just a white spot. I would argue that standard sizes of mouses and mousepads don't differ much and are well known, so I would opt for a nicer insitu view with a more identifiable mouse. Especially on the standard pad that is pretty boring without anything, but also not that great with that minimalist mouse. How does that mouse work, btw? I would go crazy without a wheel and 2 buttons.
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:36:29 AM
It would help if they changed the view name to something like "View with Mouse" instead of "Left Side."
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:43:29 AM
Quote:
Saints_Aplenty wrote:
I agree with PetsDreamlands. A conventional mouse would be much, much better. I don't do the gel mouse pads, but that white mouse doesn't look good on the regular mouse pads either. BTW... Why isn't Zazzle using the kind of mouse they actually sell? It looks like a mouse. It's black and white with buttons and wheel and can by CUSTOMIZED! In marketing materials, mention could be made of designing a possible coordinating mouse or buying one by the same designer.

PetsDreamlands wrote:
I also had the idea to coordinate mouse and mouse pad, but the mouse is completely sold out for an eternity now. Just checked it again.


Hadn't realized that. Just recently thought that perhaps I should start designing coordinated ones. Good to know.
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:00:12 PM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
How does that mouse work, btw? I would go crazy without a wheel and 2 buttons.


It works great on a Mac. I have a Microsoft Sculpt Touch mouse for my Windows machine, which is sort of the same concept, and I like it. The cool thing about the Magic Mouse is that they are glass. I just like the feel of glass. Every time I have needed to replace a mouse was because the wheel stopped working. I still have a wheel mouse on my Dell and there is really no intuitive difference between the two form factors except that the Magic Mouse has more functionality on a Mac. The Magic Mouse is not very ergonomic though.

wollastonite wrote:
It would help if they changed the view name to something like "View with Mouse" instead of "Left Side."


yeah, there is that, lol.

It looks a little more obvious on plain white or a solid lighter color.



Add a design or dark color and the shadow disappears making it appear as a cutout.

Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 4:55:42 PM
Jerry Lambert wrote:
If it is there to depict size, which is what I figure, the Magic Mouse is a pretty good choice. Windows mice are all different sizes. Without using a brand logo the Apple Magic Mouse is still quite familiar, or at least I thought that they were, and they are all the same size.

Shelli, they do now make a black one, actually "Space Gray", which they could add a little more contour detail to.



That would certainly help!
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded