This will never sell in a billion years..but it did. 4 pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2019 6:12:34 PM
Here is another one I found that really surprised me with a sale.

Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 5:27:06 AM

Sold 28 times, viewed 492 times, last sold feb 17

Sold 4 times, viewed 104 times last sold June 16

d
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 5:37:31 AM

I have this on several products, mainly Valentine's card with the usual bear quote, but I never really thought this would sell. Most haven't and aren't showing up in my hidden when I check.

d
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 5:41:18 AM
I've sold the card and postcard on this but nothing else and again they are not showing up when I check hidden though way past hidden date.

d
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 5:43:29 AM
I'm not really obsessed with toilets, it's just an easy to think of oddity in my products. With 10,00 products between shops it's bound to come up sometime lol. That doesn't count my kitties in toilets that I expected to sell.

Card and postcard of this....

d
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 6:52:42 AM
Deemac1, it's not just beauty that sells! LOL

Anything that's sold won't be hidden, not even if it isn't viewed for several years.
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 7:05:51 AM
I started checking my hidden about once a week or so and the ones not sold ever for over 2 years haven't shown up there. I only noticed by doing this search.

So I guess the 'hidden' search isn't very accurate.

d
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 7:42:08 AM
Have you tried sorting by Last Viewed and going to the very last page? Maybe you'll find them there.
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 7:47:30 AM
This continues to be a head scratcher:

It has sold a couple of times. I used to have versions for the diamond, heart, and spade sysmbols once upon a time, but they never sold and were seldom (if ever) viewed.
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 9:16:55 AM
I made these because of my odd sense of humor, never expecting them to sell. I mean, who proposes in this manner?

Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 9:58:33 AM
Colorwash wrote:
I made these because of my odd sense of humor, never expecting them to sell. I mean, who proposes in this manner?

Now days? I don't think any weird proposal method would surprise me. Laughing
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 10:09:45 AM
Come to think of it, my husband thought we ought to get married so I'd get good health insurance. I agreed. LOL
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 10:11:10 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Come to think of it, my husband thought we ought to get married so I'd get good health insurance. I agreed. LOL

Mine said "The only thing I'd change about you is your name"

I wonder if he still feels that way now, 23 years later? Laughing Laughing
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 10:45:25 AM
I got to thinking what I had designed when I had no skills that sold.

This t-shirt is butt ugly but back in the day I sold a lot of them.

This clutch sold a ton... ugly and hasn't sold since 2017. I often wonder if I should can these kind of designed products even though they had sold back in the day. But I don't for fear my zRank Stick out tongue will go down.

Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 1:33:32 PM
Haha, someone bought these boxers with a turtle on them:
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 2:34:56 PM
[quote=Colorwash]Have you tried sorting by Last Viewed and going to the very last page? Maybe you'll find them there.[/quote

I'm very technologically challenged but I think I have this right.....

Some products seem to come up with a little red "i" that says something like this product may need optimizing...this with a 22 plus month since viewed date. Others have the red circle and bar saying it hasn't been viewed for 15 months and is hidden.

I just don't get it.

Still I never really expected any of those to sell

d
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 2:49:51 PM
Annyway wrote:

I love that tiny turtle! Boxers seem an odd choice, but I've pretty much concluded that I know nothing about what people want. Stuff I think is great goes nowhere. Stuff I make when I'm mad, frustrated, or on a lark because I don't know what else to do? That's what sells! But I can't replicate it.
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 3:58:42 PM
Annyway wrote:

too cute!
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 3:40:20 AM
deemac1 wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
Have you tried sorting by Last Viewed and going to the very last page? Maybe you'll find them there.

I'm very technologically challenged but I think I have this right.....

Some products seem to come up with a little red "i" that says something like this product may need optimizing...this with a 22 plus month since viewed date. Others have the red circle and bar saying it hasn't been viewed for 15 months and is hidden.

I just don't get it.

Still I never really expected any of those to sell

d

I can’t explain why you’re getting a warning for something never sold and last viewed 22 months ago. By all rights, it should be hidden. Is it possible it was sold and then cancelled?
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 5:04:49 AM
I still think it's weird that I sold this, not necessarily because of the design, but because it's a knob. I think it's the only one I have left in my shop because they just didn't sell. But someone bought 15 of them, and I haven't sold any since.

Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 12:31:29 PM
I was embarrassed I did not delete this when I saw a sale come through. It's an awful photo even if the dog is cute. The table from the farmer's market and the stranger's leg. Why did I even shoot this photo of a stranger it looks like I was being a pervert.

Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 9:51:18 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

Maybe target math teachers with cats? Has that chalkboard look to it that's been popular
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 1:11:33 PM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

Maybe target math teachers with cats? Has that chalkboard look to it that's been popular

lol, I thought when I made it... "it's cheesy but I like it! let's see what happens..."

but I seriously thought it was too goofy to sell.

I will have to revamp the metadata on it to see if teachers with cats will bite! Happy
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:01:41 PM
I'm loving this thread, thanks to whomever brought it back from 2017 lol. Anyways, I found one I actually had made for my mom (RIP) when she was stuck on Charlie Sheen's "Winning" phrase. She loved to play poker with her friends, so I made these cards for her as a joke. Apparently I forgot to set it as direct only and have sold 2 customized sets since then Laughing Laughing

Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 8:20:13 AM
I put this one up on a few products just for fun and to my surprise, I sold a key chain.

Also, my daughter hates this one and told me they were the ugliest design she had ever seen. I had one order and then the same person came back and ordered 4 more pairs.

Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 8:40:42 AM
This is something I've described before, maybe even in this thread, but I'm unwilling to search for it. So if it's already here, please forgive me:

My mother owned a shoe store, and I would often go with her to NYC on buying trips. One day she was complaining to one of her suppliers that she tried her best to choose only the most attractive styles, but they didn't always sell. He told her that the rule of thumb was to buy half of what she loved and half of what she couldn't stand. She tried it, and her sales increased. The underlying point is, of course, that tastes differ--widely.
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 7:31:25 PM
Jerry Lambert wrote:
I see that it is indeed a photo of popcorn, but the button looks more like an oatmeal cookie at first glance.

ditto