The darned 20% off popups
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 3:03:20 AM
I know ads and promotions can be overlooked--any number of us have seen a customer buy something, then cancel because they saw the promotion only afterward and so re-bought it, but many people are irritated by popups of any kind. Currently, there's a 20%-off interruption telling people to sign up for texts. It reminds me of all the blogs where you're reading and suddenly a popup covers a portion of the page, suggesting you sign up for a newsletter, chasing away many folks from the blog. Is there no other way to do it?
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 7:07:03 AM
I hate those things.

and why can't we get a "don't ask me again" button?

ETA: I just got another one while logged into my designer account and checking my sales. When I clicked on the product link in my sales report the popup covered the screen offering me 20% off.

I wonder how hard would it be to have this popup recognize a designer logged in and working on their own account and maybe leave us alone?

or a don't ask me again button that remembers us for our next session would also be nice.
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 10:26:32 AM
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
I hate those things.

and why can't we get a "don't ask me again" button?

ETA: I just got another one while logged into my designer account and checking my sales. When I clicked on the product link in my sales report the popup covered the screen offering me 20% off.

I wonder how hard would it be to have this popup recognize a designer logged in and working on their own account and maybe leave us alone?

or a don't ask me again button that remembers us for our next session would also be nice.

I would love a "don't ask me again" button. I keep exing them out when they pop up. Bleh.
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 6:08:30 PM
ValeriesGallery wrote:
[quote=­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick]I hate those things.
...and why can't we get a "don't ask me again" button? ...

+1
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 5:02:19 AM
Hi all, I believe this has been mentioned before but I am happy to pass it along for review again, including the "don't ask me again" button. Thank you Grin
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 5:22:26 AM
For us Luddites without smart phones, it's particularly disturbing to be nagged about receiving text messages. Smile
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:48:26 PM
Padie wrote:
Hi all, I believe this has been mentioned before but I am happy to pass it along for review again, including the "don't ask me again" button. Thank you Grin

Thanks Padie
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2020 6:21:42 AM
Padie wrote:

Thanks Padie

I think it was you, Shelli, who complained the first time. Was it?

There was a time when people were advise to not use animated GIFs and popups because they irritated visitors, and a lot of web designers heeded the warning, thank goodness. What a shame that they've come back into vogue.
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2020 6:57:43 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Padie wrote:

Thanks Padie

I think it was you, Shelli, who complained the first time. Was it?

There was a time when people were advise to not use animated GIFs and popups because they irritated visitors, and a lot of web designers heeded the warning, thank goodness. What a shame that they've come back into vogue.

It might have been me... it was stalking me!

even the little corner pop out was showing up inside the design tool.

Crying at least that part has stopped for me... Laughing it was making me crazy!