Sales Down
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2018 9:57:18 AM
This is the slowest 4th quarter I've had since I stared with Zazzle. Is anyone else experiencing a major slump or is it just me. I added several hundred more products and revised thousands of tags hoping to increase sales but so far sales have been dismal.
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2018 10:08:03 AM
no, it is not just you we are hearing it from others too in multiple threads (some in the private pro forums.)

my sales dropped off with the introduction of the new search and department tree. I am really hoping for a holiday season pick me up!
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 4:06:17 AM
FlatlanderSam wrote:
This is the slowest 4th quarter I've had since I stared with Zazzle. Is anyone else experiencing a major slump or is it just me. I added several hundred more products and revised thousands of tags hoping to increase sales but so far sales have been dismal.

If I may make a suggestion... get rid of the letter & number (perhaps your way of keeping your images straight) at the beginning of each title. No customer is going to search E15.
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 11:37:33 AM
I was making regular sales before and have always used a letter and number on my images. It not only helps to keep things organized so I don't make the same product more than once it allows my customers to contact me and request a particular image on a product. I've also made some local sales with the customer using the letter and number to indicate the image they want. When I do a search or have friends do searches to check how my products rank with others we do not use the letter and number and have no trouble finding my products. Thank you both for your responses may your stores prosper.
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 8:58:43 AM
My sales flatlined all of a sudden on the 12th. Literally regular sales to absolutely nothing until I sold a keychain yesterday (thankfully). I was really looking forward to that money for Christmas shopping, but I won’t even have enough for a payout. I hope we all start seeing a pickup soon!

www.zazzle.com/bettyandfreddy
www.zazzle.com/MyFavoritePlace
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 1:24:49 PM
Very slow, I can't even work on Zazzle right now. I am a bit discouraged.
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 4:19:19 PM
Yes very slow at Z this year.
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 1:04:57 PM
One sale for the whole month of October. Views are also pretty sparse.

So my store is only mostly dead, not all dead.

Nonetheless, it's time for me to move on to other things.
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 2:45:08 PM
FlatlanderSam wrote:
I was making regular sales before and have always used a letter and number on my images.

It was just a suggestion. I didn't mean you had to change the id's on your images, I was referring to your titles. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2018 6:52:36 PM
Super duper, agonizingly slow sales this year. I recently sold multiples of a card, and more recently a couple packs of stickers. This is the first year that I haven't seen a steady stream of sales this time of year. I've been debating on if I want to spend more time creating things if sales are declining.
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 11:26:09 AM
Big improvement in sales in Nov. Thankfully things have picked up after Sept and Oct being the worst months I've had since I started with Zazzle this month is the best I've had. Hopefully others are having same experience with sales picking up. Thanks to all for your responses.
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 12:36:50 PM
November has been better for me too, not the best but better is good!
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 7:45:04 PM
November has been better for me, but not nearly as good as I'd hoped it would be. No sales at all for today, and I was really hoping I'd get in on the Cyber Monday sales. The day is not over yet, so there's still hope. Had one sale yesterday and 3 sales to my sister the day before. Most of my sales have been 3rd party, so I know my promotional efforts have been working. I was really hoping for a lot more. I just feel like I must not have what's trending. Truth be told, I don't necessarily want to do what's trending and popular, and I haven't found out what my niche is yet. I like to do a variety of things and don't like to have to limit myself. I feel like if I just give in to what's trending and popular then I'm selling myself out to doing something that just isn't me, and that's not what I want. Maybe I won't be a success with Zazzle. That really bothers me, because this is what I love doing. I've always wanted to make a living using my artistic talents, and one of the things I do best is my photography. Combining that with graphic design is something I'm very good at, although there is room for improvement. I happen to really like a lot of my designs, but I'm thinking they're maybe for a limited audience. I do think I have good titles, descriptions and tags. I could do more promotion, but it's really hard to find the time. I'm going to keep at it. Been at it for almost a year now, and I'm not ready to throw in the towel and give up on the dream. I'm learning more all the time, so we'll see what happens.
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 8:24:13 PM
Karen Coffelt wrote:
November has been better for me, but not nearly as good as I'd hoped it would be. No sales at all for today, and I was really hoping I'd get in on the Cyber Monday sales. The day is not over yet, so there's still hope. Had one sale yesterday and 3 sales to my sister the day before. Most of my sales have been 3rd party, so I know my promotional efforts have been working. I was really hoping for a lot more. I just feel like I must not have what's trending. Truth be told, I don't necessarily want to do what's trending and popular, and I haven't found out what my niche is yet. I like to do a variety of things and don't like to have to limit myself. I feel like if I just give in to what's trending and popular then I'm selling myself out to doing something that just isn't me, and that's not what I want. Maybe I won't be a success with Zazzle. That really bothers me, because this is what I love doing. I've always wanted to make a living using my artistic talents, and one of the things I do best is my photography. Combining that with graphic design is something I'm very good at, although there is room for improvement. I happen to really like a lot of my designs, but I'm thinking they're maybe for a limited audience. I do think I have good titles, descriptions and tags. I could do more promotion, but it's really hard to find the time. I'm going to keep at it. Been at it for almost a year now, and I'm not ready to throw in the towel and give up on the dream. I'm learning more all the time, so we'll see what happens.

It is still very early in the game for you Karen, just have fun designing what you love. There is an audience for you and you have good designs. sales will come! my first holiday season was less than stellar too. If you look at a lot of the upper levels, they have all been here a while, which tells us that Zazzle success takes time. The main thing is to enjoy the journey!
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 8:53:40 PM
November is shaping up to be a repeat of October for me. One buyer in October, one buyer in November.

Which sadly is still better than last year. So much for the booming economy. If this is the new normal for the 4th quarter, I'll gladly jump in the time machine and go back to 2015.
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 8:52:04 AM
Okay, so there is hope! I made $8.59 today on one sale...so I suppose I will come back and get to work. :-) I was getting worried there!
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 6:34:59 AM
It's better sales in November from marketplace and 3rd party. I hope this will continue to December.

Many thanks to promoter for promoting my products Love

Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:02:30 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Karen Coffelt wrote:

It is still very early in the game for you Karen, just have fun designing what you love. There is an audience for you and you have good designs. sales will come! my first holiday season was less than stellar too. If you look at a lot of the upper levels, they have all been here a while, which tells us that Zazzle success takes time. The main thing is to enjoy the journey!

Thanks for the encouragement, Shelli!Love Love Love I did sell a pillow and some return address labels to 2 different people today, both with the same design, one that has become my most popular so far. It's the one with the Arizona is Amazing text with the photo of the sunset with saguaro cactus. I've put that on a number of products so far, and the one that has sold the most is the return address labels. That pillow sale was my first of that one, so far, and then I've sold a couple of clocks with it. Most of the customers who have bought that have been from the Phoenix, AZ area, not surprisingly. LOL!
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:33:37 PM
Karen Coffelt wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Karen Coffelt wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement, Shelli!Love Love Love I did sell a pillow and some return address labels to 2 different people today, both with the same design, one that has become my most popular so far. It's the one with the Arizona is Amazing text with the photo of the sunset with saguaro cactus. I've put that on a number of products so far, and the one that has sold the most is the return address labels. That pillow sale was my first of that one, so far, and then I've sold a couple of clocks with it. Most of the customers who have bought that have been from the Phoenix, AZ area, not surprisingly. LOL!

That is good! If you have a local market then be sure and cater to them. I sell a lot of Okie stuff to people here in Oklahoma.

That is another good strategy to take your designs that sell and add them to more products! I have been able to build a couple of best selling product lines that way.

But Zazzling seems to be a bit like finding Nemo... "just keep swimming".
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:53:29 PM
Shelli, eventually I would like to get into buying my products wholesale when they have big discounts and sell at the local craft fairs. That will have to be when I'm making enough money on Z to cut back on my work hours, and, of course, I will have to have enough money to get the inventory for it. I have a friend who's interested in getting a space with me. I've done craft fairs before, but only with ceramic pieces that I've made, and they're very time-intensive, so you really don't make that much money for all the work that goes into them. Of course, the products I sell at the craft fairs won't be customizable, as they're already printed up, but I can always hand out business cards with links to my Z store to anyone who is interested in customizing. I started a website, but have only done the first page so far. Haven't had the time to delve any deeper yet, but that will come in time. Baby steps!
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 6:39:26 AM
As a Proseller I have done pretty well with Zazzle. Last year was good. This year sales are down 68% as of December 10. I don't think it has anything at all to do with my designs when I have most of the same designs over at the other place and sales there are up 11% over last year's December. I'm just curious as to what Zazzle may not be doing as far as marketing / promotion because that's all I can figure it can be. I hope everyone else is experiencing equal or better sales than last year.
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 1:54:44 PM
Had a few sales in November, two of which were cancelled. Disheartening. But since I just lost my job, I guess I have some time to spend working on products. I sent out 20+ applications today. Time for a break.
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 3:04:13 PM
I got one additional sale on the last day of November. Nothing yet for December.

So I can either look at it as a really slow 4th quarter, or adjust to the reality that there really is no bump in the 4th quarter for me anymore.

My brain tells me it's the latter. My soul is still in denial, though.
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 11:34:14 AM
FlatlanderSam wrote:
This is the slowest 4th quarter I've had since I started with Zazzle. Is anyone else experiencing a major slump or is it just me. I added several hundred more products and revised thousands of tags hoping to increase sales but so far sales have been dismal.

Yes!! Slowest worst year ever 2018Sad . No clue why. Zazzle must be catering to top sellers or something. Very disappointing.
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 9:07:06 AM
Hmm, sold one of the new glass tumblers yesterday - but given the art that appears on it, might be more like an early St. Patrick's Day sale.

4th quarter sales usually stop dead cold for me right about this time of the month. 2014 being the exception, when I had sales right through the end of the month.

Expecting things to be dead now until May? At least I got one December sale.