Sales Addiction 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:11:57 PM
Does anybody else have an addiction to checking your Zazzle account multiple times a day looking for sales? :-) It can feel a little like I have OCD when it comes to checking it, but hey, it makes me happy to have this business. Happy Sales!
Roses
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:26:58 PM
Me too, can't help myself lol Smile
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 12:32:06 AM
Happy to see I am not the only member of The OCD Club lol

Alternating between OCD behaviour and only checking when I feel that I've sold something, OCD gives me stress and worries, only checking when I feel the sale is really fun to do and gives me so much Power and Joy :-)

#HappyChecking & #HappySales everyoneLove
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 3:28:35 AM
yoursparklingshop wrote:
Happy to see I am not the only member of The OCD Club lol

Alternating between OCD behaviour and only checking when I feel that I've sold something, OCD gives me stress and worries, only checking when I feel the sale is really fun to do and gives me so much Power and Joy :-)

#HappyChecking & #HappySales everyoneLove

I do that too--"feeling" the sale. However, OCD seems more common. I've another ploy, which is to say to the numbers, "I'm not the least interested," not look for many hours, and then check to see if it mended its ways. Superstitious behavior.
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 4:13:14 AM
Me too, keep checking the sales and last view stats Grin
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 4:54:53 AM
Me too, I do that. But I also have to check Facebook several times a day, and my email and Pinterest. Sometimes I will be happily scrolling down my Facebook feed and wake up from my daze thinking "What the heck am I doing? I need to get back to work" or happily looking at all the pretty things on Pinterest. No wonder at the end of day I haven't gotten much actual work done. Gotta go, I need to check Facebook.
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 5:44:12 AM
Grin I'm a frequent sales checker as well. Grin
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 6:22:42 AM
I think it was last year that LM Gildersleeve vowed to not check her sales more than once a week. She managed it, and I really admired her for it. I tried and couldn't do it, weakling that I am.
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 6:39:28 AM
I usually check just because I'm already here. I'm not apt to sign on just to check sales/views.
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 7:44:26 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
I usually check just because I'm already here. I'm not apt to sign on just to check sales/views.

Absolutely. I'd rather continue reading or cooking or designing in Photoshop or whatever else I'm up to. Those things are inevitably more satisfying.
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 9:28:03 AM
Yes, I am very addicted to checking my sales. I'm trying to limit it to once a day.
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 9:44:08 AM
The only way I can limit it is to turn off the computer. Otherwise, I can't not check it the same as I can't not eat cheesecake if it's sitting in front of me.
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 1:16:29 PM
That reminds me, I haven't checked my sales in like ... 15 minutes
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 3:36:06 PM
at least once a day... okay! maybe 3 but that is all! Stick out tongue

also: I hate that OCD is not in alphabetical orderGrin
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2018 12:26:53 PM
Oh, don't worry, I checked this thread quite a bit too. :-)
I just checked my sales, someone returned something. Haha, that was fun. I'm not worried about it, I am really excited for Christmas sales this year, I have been working extra hard.
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2018 2:31:01 PM
I checked mine yesterday and was happily surprised to have sold a shower curtain. Today I checked and had a multiple sale of pinback buttons. It has been a long time since I have had any sales. Hopefully people are starting to buy for Christmas.
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2018 7:34:11 PM
Has refreshing the statistics for views only every fourth day become a permanent thing? It makes them a lot less useful, IMO.
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2018 7:53:50 PM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Has refreshing the statistics for views only every fourth day become a permanent thing? It makes them a lot less useful, IMO.

I was wondering myself the other day if that was the new norm.
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2018 10:43:36 PM
I am Frequent Checker But no sales,,,HahaLaughing
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 7:46:48 AM
Since starting PODs, checking sales on Zazzle has definitely become somewhat of a compulsion and a daily annoyance. It’s so exciting to get that rich of accomplishment when you get sales! ... That being said, it is the opposite feeling when all of a sudden sales are nonexistent (like for me at the moment). My sales seem to come in spurts with lulls in between. It makes me feel very ambivalent about the whole thing sometimes. When I get sales I feel so good, and then when they stop for a week or two I start worrying I might need to get another part-time job. I wish it was more even! Anyway, hopeful that my sales can start to pick up because this is something that actually jives with my lifestyle and happiness and I just want it to work out!
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:23:35 AM
Getting a sale (especially if you're like me and don't see them regularly), are an affirmation of one's work; that someone else was able to connect with it strongly enough to actually spend their money on it.

But views are also important to those of us whose sales fluctuate, and for much the same reason. Even if the viewer decided not to make a purchase at this time, at least they took a closer look. It can give you a small lift, if nothing else.

And thus, a day without any views amount to missing that little something that helps make the day complete.

It's also a case where delayed gratification isn't really a thing. Telling us three or four days later that our products were viewed can still be helpful in other ways, but they don't impart the same feeling. It can even make us feel like we're late to the party.
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:40:24 AM
I rarely look at views these days. They no longer serve any kind of purpose. Even when they're updated, I've no trust whatsoever in them.
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 12:21:26 PM
I don’t look at views much. If they didn’t buy, then all that tells me is people looked and then rejected my product. It’s really a put down if you think about it. “Oh this looks interesting, let me click on it and examine it more closely. Eww, never mind, I don’t like it.” Laughing Laughing Laughing

I’m more interested in sales.
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 12:37:36 PM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
I don’t look at views much. If they didn’t buy, then all that tells me is people looked and then rejected my product. It’s really a put down if you think about it. “Oh this looks interesting, let me click on it and examine it more closely. Eww, never mind, I don’t like it.” Laughing Laughing Laughing

I’m more interested in sales.

or maybe they said "oh, put that on my wish list..."
Happy
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:01:37 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

or maybe they said "oh, put that on my wish list..."
Happy

They need to quit wishing and start buying Laughing
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:27:53 PM
Colorwash wrote:
The only way I can limit it is to turn off the computer. Otherwise, I can't not check it the same as I can't not eat cheesecake if it's sitting in front of me.

I am totally addicted. Turning off my computer doesn't work: I just check on my phone instead. Grin
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 2:57:31 PM
And yet another reason I don't have a smart phone. I gave my iPad to my husband because I hated it.
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:52:20 PM
Colorwash wrote:
And yet another reason I don't have a smart phone.

I live on mine. I think it may be my most prized possession Laughing
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 7:05:45 PM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
And yet another reason I don't have a smart phone.

I live on mine. I think it may be my most prized possession Laughing

next to my computer, me too but mine is trying to make me go blind squinting at that small screen.
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:38:25 PM
lol I shouldn’t respond to forum posts on my phone because of all the typos that I don’t see until later. Laughing