Safari v. Firefox on iPad
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2019 3:14:30 AM
I have both Safari and Firefox on my iPad because each has its merits, but the one thing I truly dislike about Safari is that, unlike FF, it shows only the basic URL. For instance, here on Zazzle, it shows only zazzle.com no matter what page I’m on. I’ve checked the settings, but there isn’t a peep about this. Do any of you know if there’s a way to correct this deficiency?
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2019 3:22:47 AM
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2019 4:41:30 AM
You can just touch the address in the browser and it highlights the full one and you can see it. This method doesn’t keep in view though.
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2019 5:11:37 AM

Unfortunately, those instructions appear to be for a Mac, but at least I now know I’m not alone in being unimpressed by Apple’s strange decision.
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2019 5:16:11 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
You can just touch the address in the browser and it highlights the full one and you can see it. This method doesn’t keep in view though.

It’s a good thing to know if I want to check for where I am. I didn’t know about that.

Where I first ran into this was when needing to copy a URL to paste into a post.
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2019 12:48:58 PM
Colorwash wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:
You can just touch the address in the browser and it highlights the full one and you can see it. This method doesn’t keep in view though.

It’s a good thing to know if I want to check for where I am. I didn’t know about that.

Where I first ran into this was when needing to copy a URL to paste into a post.


You can use that method to copy paste. Just double tap since it will highlight it automatically. It just reverts back to a basic url when you change pages or refresh.
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2019 2:00:14 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:
You can just touch the address in the browser and it highlights the full one and you can see it. This method doesn’t keep in view though.

It’s a good thing to know if I want to check for where I am. I didn’t know about that.

Where I first ran into this was when needing to copy a URL to paste into a post.


You can use that method to copy paste. Just double tap since it will highlight it automatically. It just reverts back to a basic url when you change pages or refresh.

Indeed, though my method is to press and hold, whereupon the menu shows up. I suppose my biggest problem is that I've used only a desktop for many years, and a lot of those years have been spent with Firefox. Old dog needs to learn new tricks.
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2019 2:14:52 PM
Colorwash wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:
You can just touch the address in the browser and it highlights the full one and you can see it. This method doesn’t keep in view though.

It’s a good thing to know if I want to check for where I am. I didn’t know about that.

Where I first ran into this was when needing to copy a URL to paste into a post.


You can use that method to copy paste. Just double tap since it will highlight it automatically. It just reverts back to a basic url when you change pages or refresh.

Indeed, though my method is to press and hold, whereupon the menu shows up. I suppose my biggest problem is that I've used only a desktop for many years, and a lot of those years have been spent with Firefox. Old dog needs to learn new tricks.


I get the learning new tricks thing. It makes my son crazy that I won't/don't use all the "swipe this way", "gesture on the screen that way" stuff on my ipad and iphone. I can not remember for the life of me all those movements and tricks and I tell him I don't really care to. All that info will push important stuff out of my head!
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2019 2:43:51 AM
A Texan I once knew told me that each time he tossed something on the wagon, something else fell off. At the time, I thought he was joking.
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2019 5:52:38 AM
Laughing
Maybe that explains it!
I only claim half Texan since I was born in Los Angeles and spent my early childhood in Riverside, Ca, but I've been here longer than I was in Cali and my hubby and kiddo are all Texan.
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2019 10:21:20 AM
Just to complicate things, today I purchased a Logitech keyboard for my iPad. I'm currently sitting here at my desktop, which is avoidance behavior because I'm sure I'll find a way to mess up getting the keyboard and iPad to talk to each other. I see such activities as mysteries seeping in from the realm of magic.
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2019 10:48:27 AM
Well, ask if you have any questions. I probably can't answer them, but I would bet my son can!
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2019 1:20:22 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Well, ask if you have any questions. I probably can't answer them, but I would bet my son can!

Laughing
I bit the bullet, and once I got past the vital thing they left out of the instructions, I was home free and, might I add, quite pleased with myself.
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2019 3:51:30 PM
Colorwash wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Well, ask if you have any questions. I probably can't answer them, but I would bet my son can!

Laughing
I bit the bullet, and once I got past the vital thing they left out of the instructions, I was home free and, might I add, quite pleased with myself.


Excellent!
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded