Review photos of our wrapping paper told me...
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2017 1:28:19 PM
...that people are using it to do makeovers for small pieces of furniture, I assume doing it like decoupage. Drawer fronts, tabletops, etc. I'm not sure how it could be used when promoting, but it's worth thinking about.
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2017 1:56:35 PM
knowing that opens up new ideas! Idea
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2017 4:43:01 PM
I put a large poinsettia on wrapping paper with the suggestion in the description that it could be used for craft projects and Christmas decorations. We'll see how it goes (or doesn't) I know back when I did crafts I would have loved to have found some wrapping paper with a suitable design to make duplicate craft item or matching decorative items. There was not much out there and craft papers are so expensive especially when you are needing many with the same design.
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2017 11:00:56 PM
wrapping paper as posters?
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2017 5:35:25 AM
awfultees wrote:
wrapping paper as posters?

Wrapping paper might be used as part of a collage.
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2017 6:39:36 AM
The Tyvek paper is great for wallpaper murals. My daughter used it in our last house. I don't have the pics handy or I would post them, but it was awesome!

When the wrapping paper came out, I bought a roll of each paper type to judge quality. The premium paper and the Tyvek both would be great for walls and furniture. The cheaper option is best for smaller projects like trinket boxes and picture frames.

Also, on a side note, I originally was designing the big note pads as "crafting" paper with all over prints, but the paper is too thick and glossy for that. It won't hold the decoupage glue.
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2017 7:05:40 AM
Thanks for that information, Tabz!
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2017 6:01:58 PM
That's pretty cool. I gotta see how that's done.
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2017 11:40:26 PM
It's true, I've sold wrapping paper for drawer liners because of the coastal themes. Recently sold an art deco vintage print that was for a dresser decoupage. I think she said it was for the front of the drawers.

Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 4:29:27 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Thanks for that information, Tabz!

You're welcome Happy
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 5:20:39 AM
Gypsea wrote:
It's true, I've sold wrapping paper for drawer liners because of the coastal themes. Recently sold an art deco vintage print that was for a dresser decoupage. I think she said it was for the front of the drawers.

How did you find out what the paper was used for?
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 8:04:07 AM
If you're looking for inspiration you can always go on design websites like Apartment Therapy and such and see how people use things in a different way.
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 8:42:09 AM
ValeriesGallery wrote:
If you're looking for inspiration you can always go on design websites like Apartment Therapy and such and see how people use things in a different way.

It's your fault that I got totally involved in the site, wandering hither, thither, and yon. The storage pockets sewn into a denim wall were utterly cool (and probably a lot of work).
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:56:25 AM
I noticed the same thing with tissue paper a while back, and it prompted me to look up decoupaging (is that even a word? LOL) with tissue paper. Turns out you can make all kinds of neat stuff.

My mom does Stampin' Up, and earlier this year, she made a greeting card using a napkin on the front of the card. You'd never know it was a napkin if she didn't tell you!

So yeah, I bet you could do some of the same things with wrapping paper. Smile
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:21:02 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Gypsea wrote:

From one of my Facebook pages, the buyer is a fan of my novels. Happy
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:39:53 AM
Gypsea wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
Gypsea wrote:

From one of my Facebook pages, the buyer is a fan of my novels. Happy

A winning combination: Write novels, people buy, become fans, buy wrapping paper.
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:49:06 AM
Colorwash wrote:
ValeriesGallery wrote:

It's your fault that I got totally involved in the site, wandering hither, thither, and yon. The storage pockets sewn into a denim wall were utterly cool (and probably a lot of work).

Done that before! Just think of it as an extra source of inspiration.Grin
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:26:11 AM
jdcreativegifts wrote:
I noticed the same thing with tissue paper a while back, and it prompted me to look up decoupaging (is that even a word? LOL) with tissue paper. Turns out you can make all kinds of neat stuff. Smile

Decoupage is one of my favorite things to do when I feel like making something. Tissue paper is great for it. Because it's so see-through you can layer it to get new patterns. For example, I've layered striped paper to make plaid designs. Because it is so thin and tears easy it can't really be repositioned after it gets glue on it so it's not for perfectionists who want a completely smooth surface - you'll drive yourself crazy trying to make it perfect - but for the same reasons it makes for great textured effects if you want to make something looked aged.
This tissue paper has been getting a lot of views and someone finally bit this week and bought some. I put right in the description it's for decoupage. Smile
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 9:40:53 AM
I used tissue paper to decoupage a glass vase, one of those that is short and round with a large flat bottom, almost globe shaped. It look beautiful with a votive candle in it. The overlapping tissue paper gives a stained glass look.
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 11:38:46 AM
randysgrandma wrote:
I used tissue paper to decoupage a glass vase, one of those that is short and round with a large flat bottom, almost globe shaped. It look beautiful with a votive candle in it. The overlapping tissue paper gives a stained glass look.

You know something? I've tried all kinds of crafts, but though I like the look of decoupage, I've never tried it. I'll have to.