Rachel Ray Zazzle Gift Cards
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 9:18:34 AM
Wow. I am watching Rachel Ray and the guests have a chance to win Zazzle gift cards. I have never heard Zazzle mentioned on tv before.
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 9:48:56 AM
Wow! That's amazing. Hopefully more people will start shopping at Zazzle now.
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 10:17:58 AM
I saw it mentioned a couple times on Shark Tank, but not at all recently. How is Zazzle fitting into the show's theme of the day?
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 2:17:05 PM
Angelandspot1 wrote:
Wow. I am watching Rachel Ray and the guests have a chance to win Zazzle gift cards. I have never heard Zazzle mentioned on tv before.

Wonder what her show is getting paid to advertise Zazzle?
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 8:30:51 PM
Awesome Love
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 6:08:04 AM
Very smart choice of TV shows to put an add on.Idea
Kudos to the Zazzle sales team. Roses Roses

You're on a roll, don't stop now. Laughing
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 11:47:06 AM
ALMOUNT wrote:
Very smart choice of TV shows to put an add on.Idea
Kudos to the Zazzle sales team. Roses Roses

You're on a roll, don't stop now. Laughing

The next step, and even smarter choice would be to do radio advertising. Not saying that it would be easy to do but, 90% of people (at least in the US) listen to the radio at some point in the day. Whether you be actually driving or just a passenger, whether the trip be 5 minutes to the store or a couple hour road trip. TV of course you get both a visual and audio so that is naturally the easier route but, someone with the right "radio voice" can make people listen to a commercial and remember it like there is no tomorrow.

Also a lot of radio shows do giveaways. My local radio does "can't beat lauren" which consists of someone calling in, and being asked 5 pop culture questions. Then lauren comes back in from where she can't hear and they ask her the same 5 questions. If they beat her (which happens like .05% of the time) they get a really nice prize like concert tickets for 4 people, or a $100 gift certificate to a local restaurant. If they don't win, they still get a little something (I believe) like a couple free movie tickets or something. These companies donate the prizes because they want the exposure without technically paying for "traditional advertisement" like a radio commercial.

Maybe that is something that Zazzle could look into, I think it could potentially bring in a lot of people that haven't even heard of Zazzle before. Especially if they go the gifting prizes route, if you won something for free of course you're gonna use it right? If you don't want it for yourself, surely you know someone who you can either give it to, or use it on. Because why let something free go to waste?
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 1:33:48 PM
I doubt radio is the right venue for Zazzle or any other company that's purely visual. That's why vistaprlnt advertises on TV.

P.S. The forum software doesn't believe I should put uppercase letters in vistaprlnt. LOL
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 2:51:43 PM
I still think its an idea worthy of trying, the people that create all those catchy radio commercials have to be brilliant when it comes to trying to advertise with an audio only medium in an visually dominated world. The right word play + the right voices, emotions and tones can do amazing things.

They don't have to go the commercial route like I said above but, if they did it could be as simple as 2 women talking somewhere. One woman says to the other woman "darn my kids birthday is coming up and I still need invitations" and the second woman says "just go on zazzle.com, that's what I use for X,Y,Z. Its so easy, they ship right to your door, check out Zazzle Black to get your items quicker, you can even browse right now on your phone" The example could be swapped out for a wedding, graduation, holidays, birthdays, gifts for teachers etc. Same thing goes for the product, doesn't have to be invitations, could be mothers day cards, mugs, stickers, shirts, moving into a new home and needing décor to put in it, adopting a new pet just to name a few.

I think usually radio commercials are 10,20 or 30 second slots (someone correct me if i'm wrong) and in one 30 second slot could fit in a lot of info. I mention the 30 second one because this is a multi million (or billion idk) company and not some store chain that has 3 locations in one local city or state. More or less, I know Zazzle could afford it more so than a smaller company or business.

I'm just happy to hear them branching out more than they have in the past advertising wise, its bound to be good for all of us designers (and makers).
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 5:49:33 PM
Colorwash wrote:
I doubt radio is the right venue for Zazzle or any other company that's purely visual. That's why vistaprlnt advertises on TV.

P.S. The forum software doesn't believe I should put uppercase letters in vistaprlnt. LOL

I heard a vistaprlnt ad on the radio two days ago. I was surprised, to say the least.
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 3:58:03 AM
Stargazer wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

I heard a vistaprlnt ad on the radio two days ago. I was surprised, to say the least.

That would have surprised me to hear it too. They could be testing the viability of it, and the only way we'll know if it worked for them will be if they continue the ads past whatever their contract period is. Personally, I don't see the point. Their ads on TV are extremely well done and effective.
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 4:25:49 PM
She's been a fan of Zazzle for years. Her "people" contacted me way back to design a set of note cards featuring some of her cutesy words and phrases like "sammies" and "groovy gravy". Aaaaaand as usual, nothing came of it, these celeb chefs get a rush but get bored quickly.