Pinterest is driving me bananas
Posted: Sunday, February 02, 2020 6:22:32 AM
I don't know if it's working well for Zazzle products, but it sure isn't working at all well when pinning from other sites. Maybe it's the fact that I'm using the sites' own pin-it buttons? Anyway, from the same site, some of the pins have an actual title in bold and some don't. Some don't even have the title at all and no description. If I try to add a description, sometimes it "takes," sometimes it doesn't. I wish I could turn back the clock to when Pinterest was easy and when it actually worked--consistently.
Posted: Sunday, February 02, 2020 6:43:36 AM
It’s because Pinterest is having technical problems with their rich pins so lots of users are being affected and their sites’ rich pins aren’t showing as such. Rich pins are the ones that give you the bold titles and the snippets or title below the picture in the feed. My site is being affected and none of my pins are showing as rich pins even though I’m verified for them. It’s apparently been going on for several months and I have even noticed a few of my zazzle pins aren’t showing as rich pins.

I sent a help email yesterday, but I don’t expect to hear from them until after Monday. Even then it will probably be a “we are aware of the problem and working on it” response.
Posted: Sunday, February 02, 2020 7:02:09 AM
No doubt, Pinterest decided to change things because they hadn't done it in a little while, and we're all suffering the consequences. Why, oh why, don't sites abide by the rule of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 7:12:00 PM
i know! I can’t keep up with all of the constant changes on all of the platforms, and they still haven’t responded to my help email and it has almost been a week.
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 4:04:54 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
i know! I can’t keep up with all of the constant changes on all of the platforms, and they still haven’t responded to my help email and it has almost been a week.

My experience when writing to them is that enough time passes that they answer only after they've corrected the problem or I've figured out a workaround.
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 3:45:06 PM
Pinterest actually got back to me today and fixed the issue for me so I now have rich pins. Yay! This is the second time I've contacted them with a problem and they have been able to resolve it for me. The first time was within a couple of days so that's why I was annoyed they hadn't responded after nearly a week, but they were very nice and right on it with a bit of back and forth today despite the initial delay.

Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 4:13:24 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Pinterest actually got back to me today and fixed the issue for me so I now have rich pins. Yay! This is the second time I've contacted them with a problem and they have been able to resolve it for me. The first time was within a couple of days so that's why I was annoyed they hadn't responded after nearly a week, but they were very nice and right on it with a bit of back and forth today despite the initial delay.

It pays off to expect little because, when it works out, it feels so good.