Pinterest did anyone notice this? 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 6:21:31 AM
Hi everyone, just noticed all my boards are out of order. I tried to arrange them back but they wouldn't stick. I want my Zazzle boards at the top. Anyway I sent an email to Pinterest help and they told me that now whenever you post a new pic on Pinterest the board you post to gets put at the top. I was posting all sorts of pics so my boards are a mess. The only way to fix it is to try an arrange them (too many) manually. Thought I'd share since I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes their boards in order.
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 6:43:40 AM
I hadn't noticed this at all. When I look at my account at Pinterest without being logged in my boards look like are in order. When I am logged in they are a little wonky but not arranged by what pin I pinned last.

I agree, it is a little jarring for those of us who know which order we want to have.
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 7:16:44 AM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
I hadn't noticed this at all. When I look at my account at Pinterest without being logged in my boards look like are in order. When I am logged in they are a little wonky but not arranged by what pin I pinned last.

I agree, it is a little jarring for those of us who know which order we want to have.

I wonder why they are doing this to my boards? Maybe it's a new thing they are rolling out. I don't like it at all and it makes no sense to make my boards a mess. Thanks for your reply! Smile
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 9:40:24 AM
I can't immediately remember who posted a thread about the problem, but it was some days ago. I'm currently avoiding Pinterest.
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 10:50:10 AM
https://forum.zazzle.com/promote/pinterest_boards_not_in_correct_order

It's an error. Wish they'd hurry up and fix it!
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 10:52:36 AM
DreamEssence_Designs wrote:
The only way to fix it is to try an arrange them (too many) manually.

No, that doesn't work, unfortunately. And if you belong to active group boards, they will be moved to the top of your profile as soon as anyone pins something to them.
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 2:25:41 PM
Great, I needed another reason to hate Pinterest...they really s*ck lately!
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 3:42:30 PM
Just tried posting on pinterest through zazzle and all I get is a black screen. Must be having issues again.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:47:34 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
https://forum.zazzle.com/promote/pinterest_boards_not_in_correct_order

It's an error. Wish they'd hurry up and fix it!

Thanks for the link. It is so annoying. The only thing I haven't tried is logging out and viewing it that way to see if the boards are in order to others. Been so busy trying to catch up with Zazzle and new products haven't checked my thread here. Thanks everyone who replied. Smile
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 1:05:46 PM
jdspenguins wrote:
Just tried posting on pinterest through zazzle and all I get is a black screen. Must be having issues again.

Not Pinterest. Read this thread.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 7:46:42 PM
Colorwash wrote:
I can't immediately remember who posted a thread about the problem, but it was some days ago. I'm currently avoiding Pinterest.

Have been for months Crying
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 7:48:09 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
And they started out so good....Crying
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 4:43:47 AM
Al Mount wrote:
And they started out so good....Crying

I know! it's sad! Sad

would love to find an alternative, might try we heart it...
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 5:22:40 AM
Why do you guys not like Pinterest?
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 5:37:21 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:

Probably because most of us have seen little to no return for posting there. That's what it is for me, anyway.
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:56:03 AM
Colorwash wrote:
AugieDoggyStore wrote:

Probably because most of us have seen little to no return for posting there. That's what it is for me, anyway.

I blame some of the disappointment on Zazzle / Pinterest problem with not having smart pins. Though Pinterest didn't do us any favors with changing the way we see our pin feed either. The last big change they made wiped out almost all my older pins repins counts. They still haven't found a fix for it.

If only we could have smart pins back there may be a chance some of us would see the referrals come back. I know it would make a difference because my Redbubble smart pins gets far more hits.

Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 8:22:37 AM
Oh, I see! I think Pinterest has been pretty good for me. Do any of you use Tailwind to analyze your pins and boards? It provides a lot of insights.
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 8:37:18 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Oh, I see! I think Pinterest has been pretty good for me. Do any of you use Tailwind to analyze your pins and boards? It provides a lot of insights.

I've gone so sour on Pinterest that I can't bring myself to use anything to analyze it. Then again, I've never heard of Tailwind.
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 9:15:07 AM
It's great! It shows you which pins got the most repins on a daily and weekly basis, which of your boards are most popular, number of new followers over time, etc.
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:37:41 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:

They have changed so much since I first signed up. Remember when they used to have notifications on your likes and repins instead of the analytics page? remember when you used to be able to send messages and tag each other? remember when you would organize your boards and they stayed where you put them? they just are not what they used to be. On top of all that I see very little sales or traffic coming from Pinterest when I check my Google analytics. Lots of views but no conversions.
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:52:25 AM

They have changed so much since I first signed up. Remember when they used to have notifications on your likes and repins instead of the analytics page? remember when you used to be able to send messages and tag each other? remember when you would organize your boards and they stayed where you put them? they just are not what they used to be. On top of all that I see very little sales or traffic coming from Pinterest when I check my Google analytics. Lots of views but no conversions.

I agree they were a lot better! I have some group boards, and I used to get an email whenever someone pinned to them. Now even though I have the correct boxes checked, I never get any notifications at all. It's annoying to keep checking them for spam pins, or ones I just don't like. Laughing

You can still send messages. Your inbox is next to your notifications box on your profile. Tagging people still works--just @ the person, and use the name in their url, not their display name.

I think I get a fair number of sales from Pinterest. But not referrals. Don't ask me why, but that part has never worked.

Just wish they'd put the boards back in their correct order. My Pinterest looks idiotic with other people's group boards being first.
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 11:35:28 AM
I just checked my boards for the first time in quite a while, and everything is still where it was the last time I visited. Does it get messed up only if you pin something new? If so, I'm good to go because I've lost my enthusiasm for pinning.

I can't stand that long, garbled list of who liked what and who pinned what and maybe even who had eggs for breakfast.
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 11:39:21 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
[quote=Shelli Fitzpatrick] other people's group boards being first.

See and that is not right! our own boards should be first. everytime I have contacted Pinterest they never respond or remedy anything... they could care less about how their users feel. ARGH@%#$^@#*! don't get me started... >Sad
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 12:15:30 PM
Colorwash wrote:
I just checked my boards for the first time in quite a while, and everything is still where it was the last time I visited. Does it get messed up only if you pin something new? If so, I'm good to go because I've lost my enthusiasm for pinning.

If you belong to group boards, and other people (not you) pin to those boards, they get moved to the top.

Colorwash wrote:
I can't stand that long, garbled list of who liked what and who pinned what and maybe even who had eggs for breakfast.

LOL! I hate that too. It used to be separate from the activity on your own pins. I know you can get useful info out of it, but I simply don't care that Mary Smith created a board about her pet snail. Laughing No idea why they combined it.

Quote:
everytime I have contacted Pinterest they never respond or remedy anything... they could care less about how their users feel. ARGH@%#$^@#*! don't get me started...

I've had the opposite experience, lol. When I asked about the boards being out of order, I had an answer about 30 minutes later. A member of the "Pinterest Expert Community" got back to me. It was a private conversation, but other experts could weigh in too.

Not that they fixed it. Stick out tongue

Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 12:27:31 PM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

If you belong to group boards, and other people (not you) pin to those boards, they get moved to the top.

People have pinned to those group boards, but the boards are still where I originally positioned them. I guess what's going on must be in that area known as Officially Weird.
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 12:33:48 PM
I've also got the black screen issue when trying ot share my products to the relevant pinterest boards -_-
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 1:44:06 PM
Colorwash wrote:

People have pinned to those group boards, but the boards are still where I originally positioned them.

Well now I have to write to my buddy in the expert community and tell her it ain't fair. Grin
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 2:24:02 PM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

People have pinned to those group boards, but the boards are still where I originally positioned them.

Well now I have to write to my buddy in the expert community and tell her it ain't fair. Grin

Don't you dare! Stick out tongue
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 2:43:24 PM
Colorwash wrote:

Don't you dare! Stick out tongue

She and I are besties now. Don't ruin our moment. Grin
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 3:54:33 PM
Colorwash wrote:

People have pinned to those group boards, but the boards are still where I originally positioned them. I guess what's going on must be in that area known as Officially Weird.

talk about ruined moments! I checked and my boards are right where I put them too! now I have to take back that part of my rant...
Crying