Pinning to Pinterest not working for me 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 2:07:43 PM
I've tried over the course of a couple hours to pin products to Pinterest, but I get everything other than the most important thing, which is the image. Then I tried using my Pin-it button, but none of the images I could choose from were of any decent size. I tried from the product page and also from the back end. Total failure.

Is anyone else experiencing issues?

EDIT: And the cure is obviously to come here to the forum to whine. Now it's working. Grin
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:46:46 PM
I've come back here to whine again in hopes that I'll stop getting gray blanks instead of images when I try to pin to Pinterest. The experience is growing quickly stale.
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:49:22 PM
This happened to me yesterday when trying to pin using Chrome. It was fine in Firefox. Both working ok today.
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:56:40 PM
Whining works. I was just now able to complete the pin. What I suspect is that we may not be able to create a pin within a minute of having created a product. It never used to be like this.
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:52:49 PM
i am still having this problem today - maybe i will try again later, since you are saying it is working now... thanks for the update.

- marcia s.
SocolikCardShop

EDITED: Working now for me, too!
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:04:46 AM
See? Whining works! LOL
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 6:46:46 AM
Colorwash wrote:
See? Whining works! LOL
What kind of cheese would you like with your whine ?Stick out tongue Laughing
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 7:16:09 AM
Gorgonzola. Stinky and blue is a good match.
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 11:04:07 AM
This time I waited about an hour before trying, but the image still doesn't show up on Pinterest. I pinned something else I happened across on the web, and it was an instant success, so now I'm wondering if there's something going on here at Zazzle. It's as if the image isn't permanent for an undetermined amount of time, and thus Pinterest can't access it.
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 3:02:00 PM
Colorwash wrote:
This time I waited about an hour before trying, but the image still doesn't show up on Pinterest. I pinned something else I happened across on the web, and it was an instant success, so now I'm wondering if there's something going on here at Zazzle. It's as if the image isn't permanent for an undetermined amount of time, and thus Pinterest can't access it.


I pinned today without any problems. Maybe clear your cache?
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 4:17:27 PM
Sort of off topic but not really... I have been having major wonkiness when trying to use Chrome in the last few weeks and not just here at Z either. Things like not being able to make secure connections and images never loading and share buttons never sharing, etc... I cleared my cache and even went so far as to uninstall and reinstall with limited success. so now I am using two browsers Chrome and FF. Chrome for the things that work best on it and FF for the things that Chrome is falling down on. I am not sure what happened to break Chrome but hopefully the next update will fix it and thought maybe this could be affecting some of you as well.
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 4:24:53 AM
ValeriesGallery wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
This time I waited about an hour before trying, but the image still doesn't show up on Pinterest. I pinned something else I happened across on the web, and it was an instant success, so now I'm wondering if there's something going on here at Zazzle. It's as if the image isn't permanent for an undetermined amount of time, and thus Pinterest can't access it.


I pinned today without any problems. Maybe clear your cache?

My cache is cleared daily, so that's unlikely to be the problem. Related to that is having tried to refresh the specific Pinterest board, but to no avail.

EDIT: I tried pinning a wine label I made yesterday, doing it from the product page where I could choose just the label without the bottle. The image area ended up blank in the pin and I had to delete it. I then tried from the back end, and that worked, but on Pinterest, it showed as the labeled bottle even though the thumb in the back end is the label version.

EDIT #2: I have a pin-it type button, and when trying to use it, it came up with "image undefined." Is it at all possible the problem (which is quite recent) has to do with Zazzle's blocking of the right-click on our product images?

Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 4:48:26 AM
Lately when I try to pin a non-Zazzle image, using the upload button directly on Pinterest, it is often blank. But if I repin it onto another board, then both show up.
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 4:58:50 AM
I just made a discovery: Realizing the pinning add-on for Firefox was worthless, I uninstalled it and then installed Pinterest's "official" Pin-it button. It worked perfectly. I used the little red "Save" button when hovering over the wine label on my product page, and it, along with the description, showed up right away on my Pinterest board.
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 5:09:49 AM
Colorwash wrote:
I just made a discovery: Realizing the pinning add-on for Firefox was worthless, I uninstalled it and then installed Pinterest's "official" Pin-it button. It worked perfectly. I used the little red "Save" button when hovering over the wine label on my product page, and it, along with the description, showed up right away on my Pinterest board.

Was it a Rich Pin?
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 6:10:49 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
I just made a discovery: Realizing the pinning add-on for Firefox was worthless, I uninstalled it and then installed Pinterest's "official" Pin-it button. It worked perfectly. I used the little red "Save" button when hovering over the wine label on my product page, and it, along with the description, showed up right away on my Pinterest board.

Was it a Rich Pin?

Yes.
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 8:01:38 AM
Colorwash did you have to add your ref# to the pin? If so, did it remain a rich pin?
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 8:10:03 AM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
Colorwash did you have to add your ref# to the pin? If so, did it remain a rich pin?

Uh-oh, I didn't even think to look. Hang on...

...No, I'll have to add my number, darn it! If it turns the pin "unrich," at least I managed to get the thing to pin.

Off I go to add my rf number.

P.S: It's now no longer rich.
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 9:55:36 AM
Honestly, with the new font style Pinterest is using how can we tell if it isn't a rich pin any longer?
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 10:20:45 AM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
Honestly, with the new font style Pinterest is using how can we tell if it isn't a rich pin any longer?

Two ways: The title is in bold and the price of the product shows. I wonder, though, of what use either of them is.
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 11:29:59 AM
Colorwash wrote:
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
Honestly, with the new font style Pinterest is using how can we tell if it isn't a rich pin any longer?

Two ways: The title is in bold and the price of the product shows. I wonder, though, of what use either of them is.


As far as I can tell they are both equally useless...
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 12:41:49 PM
Before I had rich pins, I sold nothing via Pinterest; when I had rich pins, I sold nothing via Pinterest. Well, almost nothing. Two products last year were tripped across and purchased, but that's just two, not a bushel basket.
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 12:43:38 PM
Colorwash wrote:
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
Honestly, with the new font style Pinterest is using how can we tell if it isn't a rich pin any longer?

Two ways: The title is in bold and the price of the product shows. I wonder, though, of what use either of them is.


Well I guess none of mine are rich pins then. Every pin (regardless of where it came from including repins) are bold. None of them have prices either.




Whatever. I'm at the point where I don't care anymore. Stick out tongue
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 12:46:37 PM
Ops we cross posted. lol

Colorwash wrote:
Before I had rich pins, I sold nothing via Pinterest; when I had rich pins, I sold nothing via Pinterest. Well, almost nothing. Two products last year were tripped across and purchased, but that's just two, not a bushel basket.


I did use to sell via rich pins. But I haven't sold anything through pinterest now from Z in a few years.

I did sell a shirt via pinterest from redbubble though. That gives me a little hope.
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 12:47:45 PM
Pinterest is good for when nothing is going on in my life. It makes me feel like I'm doing something.
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 3:05:27 PM
Colorwash wrote:
Pinterest is good for when nothing is going on in my life. It makes me feel like I'm doing something.


It's a mirage...only good for storage.

recipes mostly...

I used to share from there a lot to make my blogs more interesting but I can't even get that to work anymore... smh!
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 4:13:41 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Lately when I try to pin a non-Zazzle image, using the upload button directly on Pinterest, it is often blank. But if I repin it onto another board, then both show up.

I forgot to reply to this, and only because I don't have another board to repin to. We can have private boards, right? If so, I might create one for the single purpose of correcting the blank-image problem.
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 6:42:44 AM
Colorwash wrote:
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Lately when I try to pin a non-Zazzle image, using the upload button directly on Pinterest, it is often blank. But if I repin it onto another board, then both show up.

I forgot to reply to this, and only because I don't have another board to repin to. We can have private boards, right? If so, I might create one for the single purpose of correcting the blank-image problem.


That is a great idea for a secret board.
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 7:44:52 AM
I'll give it a try at some point today unless I get distracted from whatever distraction I'm in the middle of.
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 2:22:00 PM
Great, now everything I pin from Zazzle is blank. Sigh.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded