Photo Prints vs. Posters?
Posted: Friday, March 09, 2012 6:27:28 PM
I literally just realized that we can post photo prints for sale (for some reason I always thought they were another word for posters...). Anyways, has anyone bought photo prints? Or is anyone offering photo prints? I guess they are cheaper than posters but is one more preferable than the other or should I try to offer both?
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 1:18:48 AM
We've sold both ... only made pennies off the photo prints though. The photo prints require a higher quality image but are printed on better paper. It appeared that when they started offering the photo prints they added a cheaper version of poster paper and removed the most expensive poster paper options.
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 8:50:38 AM
mlewallpapers wrote:
We've sold both ... only made pennies off the photo prints though. The photo prints require a higher quality image but are printed on better paper. It appeared that when they started offering the photo prints they added a cheaper version of poster paper and removed the most expensive poster paper options.

Hmm interesting, good to know that the photo prints paper quality is good. I was thinking of buying a couple to just check it out. I have a small 5" x 5" frame and I was actually going to print a small poster for it....a photo print might be a better way to go though.
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 12:58:39 PM
RossiCards wrote:
I literally just realized that we can post photo prints for sale (for some reason I always thought they were another word for posters...). Anyways, has anyone bought photo prints? Or is anyone offering photo prints? I guess they are cheaper than posters but is one more preferable than the other or should I try to offer both?

2018 Update: Is there any reason to choose "Photo Prints" over "Posters" when creating a product? It looks like the paper types and sizes are the same in both categories.