Non-Zazzle subject: Keurig coffee is foul 2 pages: 1 [2]
colorwash
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:56:38 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Hot pepper! Maybe I'll try the really hot stuff (cayenne). If I also add chocolate, will it be hot chocolate coffee?

(Bacon-flavored coffee with egg chunks in it? Breakfast for people on the go.)

This morning, instead of using nutmeg, I used mace, knowing it's nutmeg with a slight twist. I all but guzzled the coffee.

There's something that tastes not quite right about those flavored creamers, and in light of that, I bought half-and-half yesterday. I looked at a container of full-on cream and chastised myself for the thought, but next time I'm in the market, I might ignore myself.
PurpleCatArts
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:46:48 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

Did someone say dash o' pepper? =^..^=
*forgive me, could not help myself XD*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFxYA3MDHPI
*Tom & Jerry Video ~ No animals were harmed in this production*

GigglesGalore
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:39:00 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

PurpleCatArts wrote:
Did someone say dash o' pepper? =^..^=
*forgive me, could not help myself XD*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFxYA3MDHPI
*Tom & Jerry Video ~ No animals were harmed in this production*

LOL Love Tom & Jerry Love

While on the subject of coffee (mmmmmm!) - a French Press is a good cheap way of brewing a tasty cup. I like to keep my pre-ground coffee in the freezer for max freshness too Smile

colorwash
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:59:52 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

I've finally--after the necessary bellyaching--managed to get better coffee from the Keurig than from the drip coffeemaker. It required, of course, the refillable filters plus fresh coffee as opposed to the stale stuff Keurig sells for exorbitant amounts, occasionally adding a healthy pinch of nutmeg for its mellowness or cocoa for its richness, and then also making my own creamer--one part condensed milk, 2 parts whole milk.

One of these days, I'll be on the other side of the city where I can pick up luscious beans at a place called Professor Java's. Regardless, I'm back to happy.
Bruno Crispin
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 11:45:51 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

I love coffee.
colorwash
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 12:11:43 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

Bruno Crispin wrote:
I love coffee.

I love it too...when it doesn't taste like the floor of a barn the way Keurig's does. (It's stale.)

EDIT: Did you know you can get addicted to coffee? It happened to my father. It's not like heroin or anything of that ilk, but it's a stimulant, which can be a problem. My father had to switch to Postum. He wasn't a happy camper for a while.
Bruno Crispin
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 12:33:36 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

Yeah,I've heard of some cases of addiction to coffee. I drink it twice a day, but there're people that take it late at night.
I usually work/design in the morning, so coffee helps me start my day. Laughing
colorwash
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:05:05 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

If I drink anything with caffeine in it later than, say, 11 in the morning, I end up waking up off and on all night long. My body has never been very good with any kind of drug because it stays with me far too long. So, one (decent) cup of coffee when I get up in the morning is the limit.
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:34:51 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

colorwash wrote:
[quote=Bruno Crispin]

EDIT: Did you know you can get addicted to coffee? It happened to my father. It's not like heroin or anything of that ilk, but it's a stimulant, which can be a problem. My father had to switch to Postum. He wasn't a happy camper for a while.

I didn't know that... She said as she poured herself a 10th cup for the day...
Laughing

and before you say I need to quit... I quit cigarettes 4 years ago, alcohol 20 years ago, I only have one vice left and I am enjoying it while I still can afford it.
colorwash
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2017 4:18:53 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

We all need at least one vice. Mark Twain explained it very well when suggesting that when a doctor tells you to give up a vice, you'd better have a vice to give up. For me, it's smoking, though I'm not sure if smoking just a few cigarettes a day counts. I gave up alcohol longer ago than I can remember because I realized I hated the taste of it along with its purpose. I've never been into food (other than Bugles, which don't count as food anyway), so I may be utterly out of luck if a doctor says I have to clean up my act. I could use more exercise though.