Mystery: What is it? 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:41:27 AM
It looks like broccoli florets behind the invitations, but it can't possibly be. What is it?

https://www.zazzle.com/cards+stamps
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:44:53 AM
I puzzled about it for a while. It looks like decorative moss that you by in craft stores for flower arrangements and such. By the way, I think it looks strange and has no connection to the theme.
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:46:00 AM
For sure, it looks strange. Happy
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:50:54 AM
Looks like moss to me.

Moss reminds me of Springtime.
Springtime reminds me of New Birth.

Works for me. Smile
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 7:00:30 AM
Crocuses remind me of spring. Not so much moss.
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:07:33 AM
To me it looks like the small trees and shrubs used on model railroad layouts.
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:26:53 AM
I still vote for broccoli. Grin
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:28:36 AM
It's certainly not bud, but I bet it would have looked just as good Grin

Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:32:57 AM
"Little Miss Sunshine"? Laughing
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 11:51:49 AM
Colorwash wrote:
"Little Miss Sunshine"? Laughing

YES!!

That is the name of the personal strain my friend cultivated. It's her own hybrid. *she's a grower in the PNW*

If you want a laugh one day, you should pull up a dispensary menu and look at the different names they use for their strains. Some of them are real funny!
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 12:33:15 PM
When I first saw it, I thought it was an aerial photo of woodlands and couldn't make a logical connection. At second look, it does look like moss. The brown spots common on drying moss make me think not so fresh. Not a fan of the photo, but, hey, who am I to question what may be the next big thing in selling cards and invites?
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 2:36:53 PM
Looks like Irish Moss in different colors and freshness. It can be eaten in stews, made into a drink, some say aphrodisiac...I wouldn't know. lol Maybe it's just the garden variety Irish moss you can decorate your front yard with?

Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 3:31:26 PM
Ha ha! This definitely caught my eye in a Zazzle email and I had to stop to figure out what was going on. I agree it looks like model railroad plants. No idea what it has to do with invitations. Laughing

Maybe this is a hint that Zazzle wants us to produce more products featuring mosses and hornworts. Some mildew-themed party invitations and an invitation suite for an elegant slime mold wedding.

OMG, there's already a bryophyte and fungus store. Whoever this belongs to, you're my favorite shopkeeper. https://www.zazzle.com/shaverssporesandmore
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 10:18:39 PM
sponges?
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:39:49 AM
Dried and died moss? Idea Laughing
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:54:15 AM
The moss around here is all very short and velvety, not bumpy. Hence, my broccoli visions.

But it's rich color. Zazzle, go forth and multiply the richness!
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:48:30 AM
If your father is a model train enthusiast you recognize this instantly. Anybody who builds landscape models for their trains has this in spades for bushes and underbrush.
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:54:01 AM
My father never built model train layouts. I'm not sure he ever ate broccoli either.
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 11:31:16 AM
It made me think of slime mold, lol.
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 12:27:03 PM
We've gone from sulfurous broccoli through mildew into slime mold. What a bunch of stinkpots we are.

You, too, James, for joining the game. Roses
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 12:31:14 PM
Hey, I thought it resembled Pot a little Grin
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:02:20 PM
RGebbiePhoto wrote:
Hey, I thought it resembled Pot a little Grin

I kind of liked the stink angle.
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:21:53 PM
Shouldn't that be 'dried and dyed' moss? Although if it's stinky, maybe 'died' is appropriate after all.
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:46:35 PM
Looks like sponges sewed together to me... maybe some new weird yarn to knit blankets with?

Who knows with all the odd trendy stuff these younger peeps like?
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 2:20:09 PM
kind of looks like coral
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 2:26:09 PM
I think I found a clue... Apparently it is a trend to surround your baby pics in mossy frames? oookkkaaayyy...

I am feeling that generation gap more and more...

https://www.notjustahousewife.net/2011/04/490.html

Why not just get a chia frame?
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:31:19 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
I think I found a clue... Apparently it is a trend to surround your baby pics in mossy frames? oookkkaaayyy...

I am feeling that generation gap more and more...

https://www.notjustahousewife.net/2011/04/490.html

Why not just get a chia frame?

And it would be an improvement!
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:15:39 PM
I clean a house where the parents proudly display two really ugly clay sculptures their now college age son made. Both of them have moss glued to them. They are a real pain in the butt to move because the moss falls off at the slightest touch. I move them to dust then have to dust again because I moved them. They also have a silk plant in the bathroom with moss in it. Same problem. They have it on the back side of their whirlpool tub, they never use the tub, except to hold stacks of towels. But the air from the air vents blows dried moss debris all over the tub. I have to move the stacks of towels to get to the back of the tub to dust of the moss crumbs. Hate that stuff and wouldn't want it in my house. But speaking of yarn, when I first saw the picture on the front page, my first thought was that it was scarves crocheted with that new kind of yarn,called Sashay,that looks like a bunch of holes strung together.
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:13:59 PM
I saw pages of ugly stuff with moss glued to it, yuk! And I thought my generation had strange trends... like remember chewing gum wrapper chains? Someone I knew figured out how to make tote bags out of them, ugly too, btw.
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 3:52:06 AM
Chewing gum wrapper chains? never saw them, but that's probably a blessing, right? The place to consistently see bad ideas is in some of the scrapbook magazines where it seems the goal is to throw everything against a page and then say "Ta-dah!" when a bunch of it sticks. Yarn and twine and paper clips and crepe paper and sparkles and... If it lacks taste, it's in there.