"Japan" sales
Harmony
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2016 7:02:59 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

I have had several sales lately that just state buyer is "Japan". Every other sale I have at least has the first name of a buyer but not these.

Concerned about this as every item bought by this "Japan" has been returned for likely a full refund and yet they keep the item. Could this be possible purchase for copying/theft?

What does Zazzle have in place to ensure a genuine buyer when the sale is done with no person's name listed?
MadeByMDS
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2016 9:58:18 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

Harmony wrote:
I have had several sales lately that just state buyer is "Japan". Every other sale I have at least has the first name of a buyer but not these.

Concerned about this as every item bought by this "Japan" has been returned for likely a full refund and yet they keep the item. Could this be possible purchase for copying/theft?

What does Zazzle have in place to ensure a genuine buyer when the sale is done with no person's name listed?

You shouldn't be concerned at all - Zazzle has a Japanese domain (much like having a .uk or .fr - it's an international thing) and all the sales I've had from Japan have been fine. Perhaps it's a privacy thing that no ship to name is shown (or perhaps a translation) but I really wouldn't worry at all.

I imagine that Zazzle has everything in place on all of the domains

Harmony
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2016 11:35:03 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

MadeByMDS wrote:
Harmony wrote:

You shouldn't be concerned at all - Zazzle has a Japanese domain (much like having a .uk or .fr - it's an international thing) and all the sales I've had from Japan have been fine. Perhaps it's a privacy thing that no ship to name is shown (or perhaps a translation) but I really wouldn't worry at all.

I imagine that Zazzle has everything in place on all of the domains

ok thanks
Wollastonite
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2016 9:16:39 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

Zazzle used to show the name of Japanese customers, but the system doesn't recognize the difference between a first and last name in kanji, so we were getting access to the customer's full name and location. They removed it entirely for privacy reasons.
Zobin
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2017 7:26:43 AM

Groups: Member

I understand the reason for removing the name, but why remove the location too? This would at least help in establishing whether you have a broader appeal, or just one Japanese superfan Smile
Al Mount
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2017 7:40:22 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: Member, ProSeller

Wollastonite wrote:
Zazzle used to show the name of Japanese customers, but the system doesn't recognize the difference between a first and last name in kanji, so we were getting access to the customer's full name and location. They removed it entirely for privacy reasons.

An A+ for your excellent answer.
awfultees
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2017 4:32:08 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

interesting.
artbyjocelyn
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:55:57 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

I noticed this with my sale or 2 to Japan too, cancelled. Cell phone cases.
HappyLabradors
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 7:28:48 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

Wollastonite wrote:

This is a mystery... I noticed that too. However, a certain customer's name and address in Kanji showed up the other day and she's my old customer.

The change didn't affect old customers?

NaomiLove
LM Gildersleeve
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 1:06:30 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

What really bothers me is the last sale I had from Japan on the 14th does not show as shown in the Sort. 0 Qty Sold and no date found in the Last Sold Date line. Not a happy camper
Gina
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 8:57:45 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

Harmony wrote:
Concerned about this as every item bought by this "Japan" has been returned for likely a full refund and yet they keep the item.

How do you know they keep the item? Our stores do not count inventory like brick and mortar (-1 when product is sold and +1 when item is returned) and I don't recall Z ever telling us info such as that. So I am really curious as to how you have come to claim that.
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 9:11:23 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

Gina wrote:
Harmony wrote:
Concerned about this as every item bought by this "Japan" has been returned for likely a full refund and yet they keep the item.

How do you know they keep the item? Our stores do not count inventory like brick and mortar (-1 when product is sold and +1 when item is returned) and I don't recall Z ever telling us info such as that. So I am really curious as to how you have come to claim that.

^^^what you said. Also all sales from Japan show as no name, no city, just Japan...so how could you even tell that any other sale that says Japan was the same buyer? I have a sale from Japan and that is the only info given...if I had another from Japan I can not assume that it's the same person.
Edit: in fact if I had 2 sales from Jane in Idaho I can't assume they are the same Jane in Idaho...the info is too general to make assumptions like that.