January Sales?
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 2:06:50 PM
How are January sales for you? Also are they better than years in the past or about the same? I am just trying to gage if this is the norm.
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 8:08:41 PM
"Your mileage may vary". I don't sell enough anymore to notice a difference. My first sale of 2019 arrived today. Even when I was having more success, winters were a barren wasteland.

I suspect most people see things slow down a bit after the winter holidays, though some people apparently do well year 'round.
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 8:27:46 PM
In January I've found folks are buying "Spring Cleaning" spruce up the house products. Fancy towels, ceramic knobs and aprons seem to be items I'm selling.
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 8:40:32 PM
Gypsea wrote:
In January I've found folks are buying "Spring Cleaning" spruce up the house products. Fancy towels, ceramic knobs and aprons seem to be items I'm selling.

That's good!

I have been selling labels and business cards with a pocket watch and golf accessories thrown in.

Meant to add that this seems to be almost as good sales wise as last year so far.
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 8:53:40 PM
8 sales so far for January. One sale was qty 3.
Made 2 sales today.
Royalties all quite low. 5 of the sales were postcards.

Not sure that there's such a thing as normal.
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 9:00:48 PM
4 sales so far, on one I made $20 for an order of 5 tiles, that makes this month better than last January for me.
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:57:57 PM
Spattering of sales, one bulk sale that came in real nice for me.

Less than prior years, but literally took an entire year off of designing, and watched residual income still hold tight. Only one month did it slip bad, and that's because a bulk sale went pink and drew me under that month.

I'm coming back this year, Robert is retiring fully, and I go straight into Retired Craft Fair Lady and Part Time Designer.

Can't WAIT!! Love Love
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2019 6:55:05 AM
January has been better than last year and better than average. I sold my first paperweight. Also sold a tee shirt for alopecia awareness. My great grandson was diagnosed with this disease. He started losing hair and is now completely bald at the age of four years old. I felt inspired to make a tee shirt to bring awareness to the disease.
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2019 10:38:51 AM
For me Jan. is usually slow, it started well 5 sales in first week, then nothing since.
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 9:03:01 PM
I had 5 sales in January, but one got cancelled, so really only 4. I've sold binders, envelope seals, stickers and post-it notes. Only 2 sales last January, but I had only started at the beginning on the month last year, so not surprising. I've had one sale so far this month, some labels.
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 8:40:00 AM
I ended January with just the one sale. Nothing yet in February. Views have dropped off considerably, too.
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 10:03:33 AM
I have sold almost exclusively those things that are on sale 40-60% off. So what I sell varies depending on what is on sale by Zazzle at the moment. For instance I sold Post-Its yesterday when they were part of the "sticky things" sale. It is a bit better than last January because I have a couple things that sold well during Christmas and so rose in the ranks enough to be visible during the current thematic sales.