Images/Photos
LynnroseDesigns
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 4:25:29 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 408
Location: doncaster
Just spent ages trying to find the link in my Favorites Folder. I found one link, but I'm sure there is another?

It was a while back, that I came across a link to some photos that Zazzle said we could use for our products.

This is the link I found....
Zazzle Photos

Does anyone know if Zazzle has more photos that we are allowed to use as placeholders or is it just these photos?

I must tidy up my folders lol Grin
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 1:10:21 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 4/12/2015
Posts: 2,237
Location: El Reno
Well that was generous! thanks for sharing the link and I am right behind you on the image folder housecleaning... Happy
LynnroseDesigns
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 11:28:39 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 408
Location: doncaster
I always find something else I would prefer to be doing lol, but my Zazzle folder has so many random links in it, that I know the time is coming for a sort out Smile
LynnroseDesigns
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 11:38:48 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 408
Location: doncaster
Admin please Smile...Could you confirm that we can use the photos from the link above? As it is an old saved link, I can't remember where I saw this, or if there were any details to go with it?
Thank you x
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 9:19:08 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 4/12/2015
Posts: 2,237
Location: El Reno
at the top of the dropbox folder it says 2015 Holiday card contest imagery, so it sounds like they were released to use for that purpose. I doubt if there would be a problem in still using them as placeholders for photo products. of course I am not an admin, but if they were ok for it then they should still be ok.
RGebbiePhoto
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 10:54:34 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 1/18/2010
Posts: 2,283
Location: Las Vegas
Shellibean_on_zazzle wrote:
at the top of the dropbox folder it says 2015 Holiday card contest imagery, so it sounds like they were released to use for that purpose. I doubt if there would be a problem in still using them as placeholders for photo products. of course I am not an admin, but if they were ok for it then they should still be ok.


If they were licensed for that specific purpose, then it is NOT ok to use them for other uses.

You might want to wait for an admin to respond.
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 3:21:07 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 4/12/2015
Posts: 2,237
Location: El Reno
RGebbiePhoto wrote:
Shellibean_on_zazzle wrote:
at the top of the dropbox folder it says 2015 Holiday card contest imagery, so it sounds like they were released to use for that purpose. I doubt if there would be a problem in still using them as placeholders for photo products. of course I am not an admin, but if they were ok for it then they should still be ok.


If they were licensed for that specific purpose, then it is NOT ok to use them for other uses.

You might want to wait for an admin to respond.


true, Thanks RGebbie

edit: I searched and found the blog post that contained the link here>
https://www.zazzle.com/lp/malpcms?id=2016HolidayCardCollectionContestFAQ

here is a copy paste of the terms for using these Photos

What if I don't have access to professional-quality photographs?
We have curated a gallery of images available for use in your Zazzle templates *
*Note: these images may not be used off Zazzle.
If you choose to use any of these images, copy and paste this attribution in your product description:

<i>Photography © Storytree Studios, Stanford, CA</i>


Although it didn't say you could only use them in the contests, if you were using them for that reason giving attribution was a must and NOT using them outside of Zazzle... so I would not try using them for any other purpose just to be safe.

I would like to add @ Zazzle it would be a great idea to have a gallery like this for Z designers to use year round if they don't have any other way to get stock photos for placeholders, they could have a large watermark across them to discourage anyone from trying to buy them as is.
LynnroseDesigns
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 10:33:10 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 1/10/2015
Posts: 408
Location: doncaster
Thanks for finding that @Shellibean_on_zazzle

and it would be fab if Zazzle released some photos for use as placeholders Smile
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 9:39:00 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 4/12/2015
Posts: 2,237
Location: El Reno
LynnroseDesigns wrote:
Thanks for finding that @Shellibean_on_zazzle

and it would be fab if Zazzle released some photos for use as placeholders Smile


Sure thing Lynnrose! Hopefully Z will consider it!
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded