I am avoiding...
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 8:17:36 AM
adding a new design by making a grocery list. Before that I watered the orchids. Before that I went to check to see if the mail had come knowing it was too early to be delivered. Before that...

Laughing
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 9:18:14 AM
Better step outside for few minutes to see if it is raining.Idea
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 9:59:17 AM
My own avoidance methods include staring out the window, cutting my fingernails, and reading a recipe I don't plan on making. I don't have any orchids to water, and we live a long walk down a dirt road to the mail box, but I could pretend to do those things. Surely just thinking through the processes would eat up some time. Hanging around the forum works too.
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 12:53:18 PM
I have a plan... I'm going to start tomorrow.

Laughing
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 4:18:59 AM
And now it's tomorrow. I've decided it would be fun to play around with my web site. It looks like work, but it isn't.
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 7:16:38 AM
Wait...if this is tomorrow what happened to today? I missed it yesterday...
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 12:59:00 PM
You missed today?

I've done a great job today, avoiding Zazzle all together... until now of course, by which I mean ... oh dang, I didn't avoid it at all. Does reading the forums count as avoiding Z?

Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 1:02:13 PM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
You missed today?

I've done a great job today, avoiding Zazzle all together... until now of course, by which I mean ... oh dang, I didn't avoid it at all. Does reading the forums count as avoiding Z?

Reading the forums is an official avoidance ploy. You're fine.

I didn't make or adjust a single product today. Didn't go near my store. As I'd planned, I worked all day long on my web site, having a blast doing it except for a few very severe arguments with the software, but I won every fight we had. I'm good to shut down for the night. Bye-bye.
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 4:04:35 PM
Oh well maybe next week...Laughing
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 6:36:25 PM
only up to see how products are doing with views/sales, then adjust titles, tags and new ideas... Laughing
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 4:16:45 AM
I plan on spending today as I did yesterday: battling with my web software, the forum for a little R&R.

EDIT: It's now all-out war. I have to delicately edit product HTML because the default doesn't suit my site. Size, borders, having to get rid of <br> tags, editing long text links, tracking code.

Arrgh!

I got off subject. Couldn't help it. I had an overwhelming need to complain.

Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 12:42:22 PM
colorwash wrote:

I got off subject. Couldn't help it. I had an overwhelming need to complain.

Totally understandable. Yesterday I looked at a weebly site I have after not visiting in a long time. Shocked but not totally surprised to see the t-shirt page was filled with blank tshirt pictures. Evidently when Z changed their models last, the images were all diverted to blank tshirts. Needless to say, my avoiding plans went right out the window.

Laughing
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 3:04:39 PM
I've spent the last several days working on a design, and finally posted it today.

Since I haven't been creating new art on a regular basis, I'd quite forgotten just how much work all this is. I was really over it by the time I was done.
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 3:57:58 PM
Every now and then we have to do something so we can remember why we haven't been doing it. It's the reason I'll be closing my effects business. But why make life that simple? I wrote to my web host, asking how to replace what I have with a brand new site. It turns out it's beyond easy. I was off and running.

I've been doing web design 10 hours a day for two days, throwing out ideas like rotten tomatoes and remembering why HTML and style sheets are annoying little buglets, but today, just when I was ready to pack up and move to Tahiti, it started coming together.

Web design has helped me avoid Zazzle for two whole days, and there are still many days to go. You know what will happen when I'm finally done? I'll say, "Gee, it's so much easier designing for Zazzle. Think I'll go there and create stuff."

Stupid.

Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 7:57:01 AM
I'm here because I don't want to be there.
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 10:05:22 AM
Fuzzy wrote:
I've spent the last several days working on a design, and finally posted it today.

Since I haven't been creating new art on a regular basis, I'd quite forgotten just how much work all this is. I was really over it by the time I was done.

Just so it's clear, the above isn't meant to be a knock against Zazzle. All I'm really saying is that I'm out of practice.