How's September for you? 2 pages: 1 [2]
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 9:28:21 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
I find that when I add new things it seems to spur on a sale. I know the 2 are not related, but that's just how it seems to me.

I've seen the same thing, and because it's not the new stuff that sells, I keep thinking maybe it's just the activity of working on things that does it. Or maybe you and I both are looking for reason in an unreasonable world.
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:39:46 PM
Colorwash wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:
I find that when I add new things it seems to spur on a sale. I know the 2 are not related, but that's just how it seems to me.

I've seen the same thing, and because it's not the new stuff that sells, I keep thinking maybe it's just the activity of working on things that does it. Or maybe you and I both are looking for reason in an unreasonable world.

I sometimes think maybe someone searched by newest and something popped up and they visited my shop because it is never the new stuff that sells.

I always see patterns in things and try to make them fit my narrative- not sure that counts as reason though. Idea
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:29:18 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:

I sometimes think maybe someone searched by newest and something popped up and they visited my shop because it is never the new stuff that sells.

I always see patterns in things and try to make them fit my narrative- not sure that counts as reason though. Idea

The pattern I notice a lot is as long as I am working hard here at Z whether creating or promoting, nothing happens. But let me go work on my eBay or Bonanza shops and something from Z will sell.

It is like the watched pot never boils theory. Laughing
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:05:30 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
It is like the watched pot never boils theory. Laughing

I think I've actually burned up the pan.
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2019 6:23:36 PM
It was a good month for me.
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2019 8:51:03 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
It has just been crickets for me for the last 2 (almost 3) months, but I have not made anything new in a while(I can't get my head around designing right now) and I find that when I add new things it seems to spur on a sale. I know the 2 are not related, but that's just how it seems to me.

I am trying not to get discouraged and so I have been focusing on reorganizing my shop and trying to expand my promotional efforts instead of depending solely on the MP and the kindness of affiliates which is where my sales come from.

Crossing my fingers that I start getting some sales from the Holiday shopping season.

In a similar boat here. I've made some new products, though, and seems what sales I have had are the new stuff. Only 2 sales this month and only 5 last month and 5 in July, also. Getting really discouraging, but I'm not about to give up. Trying to work on organizing my store, and I've been wanting to find the time to promote, but there's very little of that going on for me. Praying for better sales in short order.
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 9:01:54 PM
@shelliefitzpatrick
I totally agree with the ice storms vs.the tornados. I have so many memories that you touched base on, like the peanut factory. Lol. What a trip down memory lane. Have you been to the Hydro county fair? I hear they still have the antique carousel going. There is such a difference in western ok and green country. I remember taking my kids to OKC to go to the omniplex and at some point the soil goes from brown to highway cone orange because of the clay. They dont even know what stickers and burs are lol. In western OK never walk through the yard barefoot and socks and shoelaces will always be full of burs by days end lol.So sorry it took me a while to get back to ya'.
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6:17:12 AM
Butterflybeestro wrote:
@shelliefitzpatrick
I totally agree with the ice storms vs.the tornados. I have so many memories that you touched base on, like the peanut factory. Lol. What a trip down memory lane. Have you been to the Hydro county fair? I hear they still have the antique carousel going. There is such a difference in western ok and green country. I remember taking my kids to OKC to go to the omniplex and at some point the soil goes from brown to highway cone orange because of the clay. They dont even know what stickers and burs are lol. In western OK never walk through the yard barefoot and socks and shoelaces will always be full of burs by days end lol.So sorry it took me a while to get back to ya'.

no worries,

I never knew Hydro had a fair... lol, I will have to check it out someday. ah yes, burrs, even in flip flops they will get ya and the dogs are always covered in stick tights and red mud. But it is Okla home to me. Smile Love
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 7:29:18 AM
September for me has been, at best, mediocre. On RB, however, sales have never been better.
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 10:30:10 AM
Best month ever, on z, money wise. Eighteen sales and one referral. One of the sales, my biggest sale ever. I might post at a later date what the sale is, just don't want to jinx it.
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 11:15:58 AM
8 years of hard work and my sales couldn't be worse. Giving up on Zazzle as of now.
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6:28:31 PM
MarblesPictures wrote:
8 years of hard work and my sales couldn't be worse. Giving up on Zazzle as of now.

5+ years for me, and feeling the same way. Will pop in now and then to see what's going on, but can't see the point of continuing to throw away my time here, once I finish a couple of things.
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 9:34:47 PM
Something must have clicked for me... I've already had my best month to date and it's not over yet. I can only hope it's a good sign and not just an anomaly.
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:58:01 AM
I had one sale in June, one in July and 3 for august. Nothing for September yet, I just keep creating items and adding them to my Pinterest and a few to Twitter. Finally got to just over 500 products this week when I only had about 300 before. I'm just lucky I have free time while the hubby is working.

*edit to say one of the 3 sales for August was actually my first referral, for a poster.
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 9:41:57 AM
Nicole wrote:
I had one sale in June, one in July and 3 for august. Nothing for September yet, I just keep creating items and adding them to my Pinterest and a few to Twitter. Finally got to just over 500 products this week when I only had about 300 before. I'm just lucky I have free time while the hubby is working.

*edit to say one of the 3 sales for August was actually my first referral, for a poster.

don't give up! keep building your products... you are doing well, it is a marathon not a sprint.

slow and steady wins the race!
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 7:13:13 PM
My 3rd sale of the month just got cancelled!Crying
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 7:51:41 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Nicole wrote:

don't give up! keep building your products... you are doing well, it is a marathon not a sprint.

slow and steady wins the race!

Thank you, I just finally got around to putting most of my designs on a larger variety of products and it goes quicker than creating from scratch. I'm also figuring out how to use the forums better now lol!
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2019 3:12:18 AM
Karen Coffelt wrote:

That’s so wrong. It’s like kicking a person when they’re down. You have all my sympathy.
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2019 4:57:53 AM
Karen Coffelt wrote:

Noooo....I am so sorry to hear that. Sad

I'm still sitting on a whopping 10 cents from my lone postcard sale this month. Here's hoping October will be GREAT! Smile
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2019 5:19:27 PM
MarblesPictures wrote:

Okay, so I have made some sales, maybe I won't give up.Love
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2019 6:00:29 PM
MarblesPictures wrote:
MarblesPictures wrote:

Okay, so I have made some sales, maybe I won't give up.Love

you know you can't lose if you won't quit!

Love
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2019 6:25:58 PM
Crying Sales were actually starting to do okay and now they've all just dropped off. Where did the shoppers go?