Hey Colorwash... are you okay? 3 pages: 1 2 [3]
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 12:55:54 PM
Welcome back! Glad the surgery went well and that you are starting to feel better.

I have a Kindle Fire as well and like Shelli, I only play games or stream Netflix or Amazon Prime.
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 1:13:42 PM
Colorwash wrote:
Around here, only my husband and son knew anything about any of it because I didn't want phone calls, or worse, visits. If you've ever been really sick or in the hospital feeling like hell, and people, thinking they're doing the right thing by dropping in to "cheer you up," then you know just what I'm talking about. BUT, here on the forum, it's different and really nice. Thank you so much for cheering me up!

Roses

As for this tablet business, yesterday I tried to turn on my husband's fully charged iPad and it was one very dead little bunny. It would probably cost more to fix than to replace. So, I'll be buying him a new one for Father's Day while buying myself the iPad Air. Maybe I'll hold off on the keyboard part until I've researched more. The reviews are confusing.

@Shelli: I had once considered the Kindle Fire, then realized I wanted a tablet that could do a bit more. You need a new one, by the way. Maybe Christmas?


I want an ipad someday just for the enhanced art apps. I still make a lot of art on my iphone believe it or not...Laughing
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2019 3:22:02 AM
Shelli, in desperation to watch something the other day, I tuned into QVC where they had the newest Kindle Fire up for grabs. If I'm remembering correctly, it was going for $99. However and as you're thinking, you may be better off waiting to get an iPad. I'd get the basic model, but I really want the bigger screen on the iPad Air.

I live on a dirt road where there are five homes. One of the neighbors had to have shoulder surgery recently and is now in physical therapy. Another fell and broke her wrist and is in for surgery, after which, she'll need physical therapy. I'll be in therapy approximately two weeks from now. My question is this: Why couldn't the three of us been up for physical therapy all at the same time? We could have car-pooled. :-)
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2019 6:14:53 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Shelli, in desperation to watch something the other day, I tuned into QVC where they had the newest Kindle Fire up for grabs. If I'm remembering correctly, it was going for $99. However and as you're thinking, you may be better off waiting to get an iPad. I'd get the basic model, but I really want the bigger screen on the iPad Air.

I live on a dirt road where there are five homes. One of the neighbors had to have shoulder surgery recently and is now in physical therapy. Another fell and broke her wrist and is in for surgery, after which, she'll need physical therapy. I'll be in therapy approximately two weeks from now. My question is this: Why couldn't the three of us been up for physical therapy all at the same time? We could have car-pooled. :-)


I hope you mend quickly! I will probably get a used or refurbished iPad... or I might spring for the best. I haven't decided yet. Grin
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2019 12:16:07 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
I hope you mend quickly! I will probably get a used or refurbished iPad... or I might spring for the best. I haven't decided yet. Grin

My husband took me to the supermarket today and I hung on to the grocery cart. Am I ever weak! I'm actually looking forward to physical therapy.

I've been dithering about a new iPad, and after looking at the differences between the standard one and the Air version, I've decided to go for the standard. The difference is really no more than the screen size, but it costs well over $100 more. Thank you very much, but no.
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 5:20:12 AM
Colorwash wrote:
I'm back! The surgery was simple enough that I was home by mid-afternoon on Thursday. The sciatica is utterly gone, but it's been replaced by pain from the incision, which is already better than it was.

I've spent a huge amount of time watching cooking shows just to torture myself while being fed by my husband, who cooks a mean egg but that's about it. As soon as I can wear jeans instead of pajama pants (which don't press on the incision), I'm off to the supermarket for lots of goodies.

In the meantime, I've decided to buy an iPad Air, the newest one. (What else does one do in bed other than shop online and zone out on drugs?) I've been borrowing the standard iPad I gave to my husband because I hated it, but I really needed something during all that time in bed, and I got kind of used to it. The problem is that I'm constantly misfiring, tapping this instead of that, and using the on-screen keyboard is torture. I can barely enter a web address using it.

Question: Do any of you who have an iPad (maybe the Air model) also use a keyboard for it, and if so, do you like it? And if you like it, what's the brand? I've been thinking of buying a fairly cheap one, figuring that if it works, fine, and if it doesn't, I'll scale up in price. By the way, I haven't seen many good reviews for Apple's keyboard, but we all know that reality sits somewhere between glowing and hissy fits.



I have a hard case with keyboard from Logitech. The keyboard lights up which I really like.

Welcome back!
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 5:59:56 AM
Carolyn wrote:

I have a hard case with keyboard from Logitech. The keyboard lights up which I really like.

Welcome back!

Thanks for the welcome. I'm here off and on during the day and am looking forward to being obsessed once again.

I looked at the Logitech. Can you turn off the keyboard lights? I'm not sure I'd care for that aspect.

My husband and I are taking a short road trip today to buy two new iPads, one to replace my husband's (Father's Day gift), which went belly up when I was using it, and one for me. Assuming, that is, I manage to get out of my PJ's.
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 8:12:06 AM
I have a logitech wireless keyboard. On the model I have, the lights depend on how much lighting is in the room.
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 9:18:46 AM
ValeriesGallery wrote:
I have a logitech wireless keyboard. On the model I have, the lights depend on how much lighting is in the room.

I'll have to research it carefully because light coming from below bothers my eyes even if it's dim.

Been to Staples and back this morning where they had only one iPad left in stock, which is now mine. My husband's will be shipped from another of the stores. They have price-matching, so we got both at Amazon's price, which was a whole lot lower.

Setting it up was annoying: codes, passwords, verifications, and stuff that seems to have no meaning. Thank goodness my son has an iPhone. Very helpful. Apple does icons; I do words. :-)
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 12:38:14 PM
Colorwash wrote:
ValeriesGallery wrote:
I have a logitech wireless keyboard. On the model I have, the lights depend on how much lighting is in the room.

I'll have to research it carefully because light coming from below bothers my eyes even if it's dim.

Been to Staples and back this morning where they had only one iPad left in stock, which is now mine. My husband's will be shipped from another of the stores. They have price-matching, so we got both at Amazon's price, which was a whole lot lower.

Setting it up was annoying: codes, passwords, verifications, and stuff that seems to have no meaning. Thank goodness my son has an iPhone. Very helpful. Apple does icons; I do words. :-)


The keyboard is not lit until your fingers touch it. The lighting is from underneath the key and it highlights the space around the key. It turns off a few seconds after you stop typing.
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:47:29 AM
I nixed the keyboard because the iPad is for evening pleasure--looking things up, grabbing recipes, finding answers, etc.

Today I returned the case I bought yesterday because its flap closure insisted on bending up or down and getting in the way. I replaced it with a cheap stylus because I'm lousy at tapping links. I came back, went online, and ordered what I believe will be the perfect case, one you can set at many more angles than you can most, which I need right now because of so much time in bed.

I believe I'm done with all this folderol. Anyway, I hope so. :-)
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 1:17:36 PM
Hope you're healing up nicely and that the pain is a thing of the past! Roses
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 10:32:51 AM
k8coGifts wrote:
Hope you're healing up nicely and that the pain is a thing of the past! Roses

Thanks. Things are sure a lot better than they were!
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 6:22:53 AM
Hey glad to hear it's a success!
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 11:33:39 AM
waterart wrote:
Hey glad to hear it's a success!

It feels more like a miracle because I can now go up and down stairs, lift things, get pots out of the bottom kitchen cabinet, etc. At my last visit to the surgeon, I told him I didn't ever want to see him again. He thought it was a good idea. :-)
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded