Google Image Search Results Out of Whack with Zazzle Products
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:19:28 AM
Last night I put ["Col's Creations" + keyword] into Google and then on the results page clicked Images. Saw a lot of my own products but also found something that is really messed up - dozens of images of other people's Zazzle products but with my title & description and if you click they go to my product page, not the strange one pictured.

Here is a screenshot of a Google results page. That first polkadot design is not mine. You can see from the URL when I mouse over it that Google is pulling the image from an actual product on Zazzle. (The third image here is also not my design but goes to one of my products if clicked.)

If you click that product you get this. My title and description, but someone else's blanket. And if you click from there, it takes you to my (completely different) blanket, not the one shown.

Here are some more examples:
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Example 4
Example 5

I'm sure this is probably Google madness so nothing Zazzle can control or fix but still, yikes! What a mess of things that don't match up. I tried this many times with different keywords and same thing, dozens of these mixed-up product results.
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:40:24 AM
And take Example 4. The design on the pillow shown is so completely unrelated to my design that it links to (and the keyword I searched for) that I am just baffled over what Google is doing.
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:33:35 AM
Google just completely overhauled their image search. Probably still working out the kinks.

Here is what G had to say about the revamp.

“For retailers and publishers, this updated interface also means people are more likely to visit a web page to get information to help them with a task, or to buy a product on your site.”
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:12:46 AM
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:10:13 PM
Makes me wonder if anyone in the interwebs knows what they are doing...Idea
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:20:32 PM
somethingartish wrote:

Thankyou. But that thread is discussing Zazzle's own in-house search.
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:29:56 PM
Jerry Lambert wrote:
“For retailers and publishers, this updated interface also means people are more likely to visit a web page to get information to help them with a task, or to buy a product on your site.”

LOL, Google. Not more likely to buy a product when you're taking them to something completely different from the pictured item they clicked on.

It's like one arm of the Google-bot is finding the correct page results (pages with keywords in the title/tags/description that match the search criteria) but then its other arm is going out and crawling Zazzle's vast image cache and randomly picking an image to go with the result even though it's not part of the page the other arm already selected.
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:09:58 AM
Col's Creations wrote:
somethingartish wrote:

Thankyou. But that thread is discussing Zazzle's own in-house search.

Try this one:

https://forum.zazzle.com/technical/marketplace_problems?m=1649579#1649579

Or it might have something to do with some grouping weirdness people are reporting.

https://forum.zazzle.com/technical/odd_grouping_error?m=1656390#1656390

Basically, something's messed up.