General Chit Chat Community Thread 4 pages: [1] 2 3 4
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:37:54 AM
I don't know why we don't already have a thread like this, but at the suggestion of our newest mod that we conduct our chit chat here in this forum I am starting this general chit chat thread.

There is no topic so you can't get off topic.

Just be nice and try to stay off of contentious subject matter so that we can remain respectful of everyone, this can be a place of encouragement and we don't get shut down.

I hope I don't regret opening this one! Grin

Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:51:53 AM
I like this Shelli! I need a place to zone out sometimes with random things.

My Mom has been very ill this past month and I have been super stressed out. Last Monday (8/19) her heart stopped for 8 minutes and they miraculously brought her back and she has no brain damage. She has a lot of health issues that have built up and hit her all at once, but the worst is a failing liver and we are waiting to see if she will need a transplant.
She is just 61 so I never expected to be dealing with such serious issues so soon.

Any prayers and/or well wishes would be greatly appreciated and I promise to keep my posts much lighter going forward.
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:55:44 AM
(I think the mod was just eagerly trying to do what he thought he was supposed to do.)

Other threads down here in the nether regions come to mind where they had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Zazzle. There was mine where I asked for book recommendations. I clearly remember a pickle recipe, which was a pretty good one.

Melrose, having been through episodes of severe stress at various times, I can say that, yes, distracting yourself is really important. It keeps you strong. Hang in there!
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:59:48 AM
Colorwash wrote:
(I think the mod was just eagerly trying to do what he thought he was supposed to do.)

Other threads down here in the nether regions come to mind where they had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Zazzle. There was mine where I asked for book recommendations. I clearly remember a pickle recipe, which was a pretty good one.

Melrose, having been through episodes of severe stress at various times, I can say that, yes, distracting yourself is really important. It keeps you strong. Hang in there!

Thank you Colorwash! I remember the book thread. I may have to search out the pickle one. I am intrigued and love homemade pickles from garden cucumbers. lol
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:09:06 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

Thank you Colorwash! I remember the book thread. I may have to search out the pickle one. I am intrigued and love homemade pickles from garden cucumbers. lol

The pickles were offered by Steve, but for the life of me, I can't remember what name he goes by nor the thread it was in. The thread wasn't about pickles at all. LOL
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:12:09 AM
I will pray for those that need it, and I do love pickles. Smile
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:17:08 AM
Colorwash wrote:
I clearly remember a pickle recipe, which was a pretty good one.

Page 2 of this thread? https://forum.zazzle.com/misc/this_will_never_sell_in_a_billion_years_but_it_did
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:21:17 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

Page 2 of this thread? https://forum.zazzle.com/misc/this_will_never_sell_in_a_billion_years_but_it_did

I actually did read that thread back when I first started. It just took me a long time to get up the courage to start posting and participating.
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:40:15 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

Bingo! You and several others on the forums are like a backup disk for me.
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:49:17 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:

My Mom has been very ill this past month and I have been super stressed out. Last Monday (8/19) her heart stopped for 8 minutes and they miraculously brought her back and she has no brain damage. She has a lot of health issues that have built up and hit her all at once, but the worst is a failing liver and we are waiting to see if she will need a transplant.
She is just 61 so I never expected to be dealing with such serious issues so soon.

Any prayers and/or well wishes would be greatly appreciated and I promise to keep my posts much lighter going forward.

you and yours are on my prayer list Love
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:50:17 AM
Colorwash wrote:

Also having a support system even if we are just virtual might help.

@CW, I remember the book thread too and the pickle recipe. Smile
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:53:02 AM
Colorwash wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

The pickles were offered by Steve, but for the life of me, I can't remember what name he goes by nor the thread it was in. The thread wasn't about pickles at all. LOL

Steve @softproduct the resident poet and pickle maker... Laughing
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:53:44 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

That was a fun thread!
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:54:32 AM
MarBethHomeDecor wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:

Post whatever you need to post. We for two people will listen. Strong advice: Eat well. Consider Carnation Instant Breakfast or Ensure especially if you short change the food or do fast food. Grab all the sleep you can. Talk to the hospital social worker or your county's senior agency for caregiver assistance.

Thank you Marbeth! I have a teenage son at home so I still have been making an effort to cook nutritional meals for us and hubby pitches in and cooks when he gets home even though we did live off food out close to the hospital or in the cafeteria last week for the most part. We also have a big family and friend support system, but sometimes it is nice to get things out to people that don't have such a close relationship. At least for me. I'm probably a little weird like that, but sometimes it is easier to voice things in that way for me and get something out that I have been holding in for fear of upsetting someone close- and hearing advice from different people with different experiences can be really helpful and comforting.
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:56:14 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:

you and yours are on my prayer list Love

Thank you! I believe prayers and positive thinking (along with amazing doctors and hospital staff) have helped in her healing greatly!Love Roses

ETA- I do feel like a lot of people here have become virtual friends and I love how everyone supports each other for what seems like 99% of the time.
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:56:33 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:

It might seem counterproductive but being able to come to the forums and take a break actually helps me get more done on my Zazzle. I get so much inspiration from here and motivation.
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:02:35 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:

It might seem counterproductive but being able to come to the forums and take a break actually helps me get more done on my Zazzle. I get so much inspiration from here and motivation.

I agree. There is a lot of inspiration in here and visiting the forums has helped me think outside the box and be able to do things, like adding name fields, to my art that I that I thought were not possible. Plus I learned so much about clever ways to use shapes and options that I didn't even realize were inside the design tool.
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:51:09 AM
jdcreativegifts wrote:
I will pray for those that need it, and I do love pickles. Smile

Thank you!Roses Love
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:14:27 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:

Best wishes to your mom. I can relate to health issues. I'll be 49 next month and will be going on dialysis at some point and eventually a kidney transplant. My doc said I am too young to have this type of issue. I've known about my bad kidneys for 25 years. They could have been bad a lot longer then that. I also had a lot of stress this past year plus, because of my ex husbands health issues. At least, I can put that part behind me now.
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 11:36:54 AM
Jds, I know a woman who had kidney issues for years, hers being inherited. She finally had a transplant some years back and has been doing fine ever since. The worst part is in looking ahead to it. After that, life gets a whole lot better. Heck, before the surgery I had in May, I thought I might never be able to walk much again. I got up off the recovery table, stood up, and was stunned. I could stand and walk without pain. I bet (after your recovery period) you'll be good as new.
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:13:08 PM
jdspenguins wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:

Best wishes to your mom. I can relate to health issues. I'll be 49 next month and will be going on dialysis at some point and eventually a kidney transplant. My doc said I am too young to have this type of issue. I've known about my bad kidneys for 25 years. They could have been bad a lot longer then that. I also had a lot of stress this past year plus, because of my ex husbands health issues. At least, I can put that part behind me now.

Thank you! I am sorry you are going through all that, but what Colorwash said sounds very encouraging and I will be sending prayers and positive thoughts your way and keep sharing things for you.
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 3:39:11 PM
Thanks Colorwash and Melrose. I can only do one day at a time, just like the rest of us.
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 5:45:15 PM
jdspenguins wrote:
Thanks Colorwash and Melrose. I can only do one day at a time, just like the rest of us.

you are also on my prayer list. Love
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:25:31 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:

I'll keep your mother in my prayers. Sorry she's having to deal with these issues.
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:27:21 PM
Colorwash wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

I'm going to have to read that pickles thread. I just recently had a friend help me make pickled cauliflower, and boy is it good! Just tried it today. I'm going to have to try and pickle some other fun stuff!
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:28:43 PM
jdspenguins wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:

Prayers going out to you. Sounds like a lot to have to deal with.
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:37:26 PM
Karen Coffelt wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

I'm going to have to read that pickles thread. I just recently had a friend help me make pickled cauliflower, and boy is it good! Just tried it today. I'm going to have to try and pickle some other fun stuff!

That sounds good, I will try it!
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:49:46 PM
Karen Coffelt wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

That sounds good, I will try it!

Grin
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2019 10:45:08 PM
MarBethHomeDecor wrote:
WARNING: If you are on a diet, ignore this post!!!

Made you look!!! Happy

What is a favorite special treat that you get at the grocery?

Mine is Jarlsberg Dip. Spread it on rye bread.

https://www.kroger.com/p/item/0020720100000

A sandwich I make to recreate one in from a deli in Toledo, Ohio starts with rye bread. Spread honey mustard on both slices. Then spread softened flavored whipped cream cheese on one slice. I think the flavor is garlic and herb. Now add sliced tomatoes, honey ham, and provolone cheese. Done!!! Happy Labor Day eating.

UMMM!!! One time, one of our mother's therapists was listening to the three of us talk and she called us,"Foodies." We said, "No, we were not foodies!" Then, we thought about it, and she was right!

My mom is a foodie, she is also in denial... Laughing

I have several weaknesses at the grocery store. One is yogurt covered pretzels. Sweet and salty. Another is Cabot’s extra sharp cheddar cheese and when they have the jumbo hass avocados I can never resist them.

Posted: Saturday, August 31, 2019 3:16:31 AM
Jelly doughnuts and cherries when in season. Anything else requires I make it myself, Welsh rarebit always being an irresistible inspiration.