Forum supports all sorts of emojis now 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 5:17:04 PM
I don't know how long this support has been around but check these few out:

๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿน๐Ÿฐ๐ŸฆŠ๐Ÿป๐Ÿผ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿ•ถ๐Ÿ‘›โ›‘๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿ ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒ”โญ๏ธโšก๏ธ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿฅ‘๐ŸŒฝ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‚โšฝ๏ธ๐Ÿˆโšพ๏ธโ›ท

I got this tiny sample from my Mac's inbuilt emoji thingy but you can copy and paste what you see here if you don't have that facility on your computer.

Here they are at a larger font size:
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿน๐Ÿฐ๐ŸฆŠ๐Ÿป๐Ÿผ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿ•ถ๐Ÿ‘›โ›‘๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿ ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒ”โญ๏ธโšก๏ธ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿฅ‘๐ŸŒฝ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‚โšฝ๏ธ๐Ÿˆโšพ๏ธโ›ท
Enjoy - lots of fun coming to the forum!

Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 7:03:08 PM

u r a โญ๏ธand i ain't ๐Ÿฆ

Laughing what fun! Thanks Mark Roses

btw how to find them on a Mac?
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 12:07:40 AM
GigglesGalore wrote:

ctrl + cmd + spacebar

๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿค—๐ŸŽ‰
thanks Mark!
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 5:16:57 AM
That's great, but what about Windows users?
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 5:30:55 AM
Colorwash wrote:
That's great, but what about Windows users?

It's not even a half-way house, Colorwash, but does copy and paste work? Can you copy and paste one you want to use from one of the posts above?
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 6:22:58 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
I don't know how long this support has been around but check these few out:

I got this tiny sample from my Mac's inbuilt emoji thingy but you can copy and paste what you see here if you don't have that facility on your computer.

Here they are at a larger font size:
Enjoy - lots of fun coming to the forum!

I don't understand the point of these type of graphics/emojis. They aren't very useful in forum conversation. I'm a smiley junkie though. I ran a large forum for years, and we had a few hundred smilies. Many of them were animated gifs. They were useful in communication since you can't see or hear a person's posts. I don't get the point of bunny heads and avocados. Are they smiley wannabes? Or smiley rejects?
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 6:35:17 AM
Maz, I agree with you. I much prefer smilies that convey something such as the classic bang-head-on-keyboard or various forms of "eek!" (I never quite figured out what Mr. Green was for.)
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 2:22:32 PM
some ๐Ÿฐ Love ๐Ÿฅ‘ Happy
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 3:43:37 PM
you can find tons of them here
https://emojipedia.org

๐Ÿฆ„

Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 3:38:45 AM
Let me try it... U+1F913

So I'm obviously doing it incorrectly. What's the right way?
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 10:11:26 AM
CW - Using Jerry's link, I found the emoji I wanted and clicked the copy button, then I resized with the FONT SIZE above.
๐Ÿพ

Using a "keyboard" loaded from to (How to find and use emoji on Windows 10) I found an appropriate icon for today
๐ŸŒก
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 10:38:02 AM
That's what I did--Jerry's link & clicked the copy button. Or maybe I did something different. It was several hours ago, so who knows what the devil I did. I'll have to try it again, though from what I'm seeing, the emojis end up so tiny that it seems futile.

Trying again...
๐Ÿˆ

Wish we could go larger than font size of 9.
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 12:29:52 PM
I just found out I could do this with built in touch keyboard on my Windows 10 ...

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/find-emojis-windows-10/

๐Ÿค“๐ŸŽˆโœจ๐Ÿ˜€

Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 3:45:23 PM
Jerry Lambert wrote:
you can find tons of them here
https://emojipedia.org

๐Ÿฆ„

You rock! Finding a Vulcan salute emoji just made my day!

๐Ÿ––
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 7:36:11 PM
mothersdaisy wrote:
GigglesGalore wrote:

ctrl + cmd + spacebar

๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿค—๐ŸŽ‰
thanks Mark!

Totally love learning this stuff. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 8:57:16 PM
๐Ÿป๐ŸŸ
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 2:48:08 AM
I've always hated these guys: ๐Ÿคก

The problem is that, even at a font size of 9, the emojis are small, the detail not showing. The only thing we can do is stick to the simple, brightly colored ones: ๐Ÿ˜ก
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 5:24:07 AM
Colorwash wrote:
I've always hated these guys: ๐Ÿคก

The problem is that, even at a font size of 9, the emojis are small, the detail not showing. The only thing we can do is stick to the simple, brightly colored ones: ๐Ÿ˜ก

Reply with quote and you'll see how I did that! Hat-tip to Shellibean - it's how I found out how she did it.
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 6:10:09 AM
Shelli, you're one very clever puss!

I thought clowns were creepy when I was a kid, and I still think so.

๐Ÿ˜ง
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 7:29:41 AM

Glad to be a helpful Geek! ๐Ÿค“ and I finally got my winky face! ๐Ÿ˜‰

To get them this size just add the font size 9 then go in and edit and add it again...
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 7:36:52 AM
What I want to know is how did Mark figure out that the forum is supporting them now?

๐Ÿค”

I still had to go to an external site and copy some that are not native to Windows 10 though like this one

๐Ÿž

Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 7:59:48 AM
Can we copy and paste them to, say, a Word file and then access them from there? Yeah, I know, I could test it instead of asking someone else to test it for me. Gee, what a thought. Maybe I'll do that instead of what I'm supposed to be doing.
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 8:08:00 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Can we copy and paste them to, say, a Word file and then access them from there? Yeah, I know, I could test it instead of asking someone else to test it for me. Gee, what a thought. Maybe I'll do that instead of what I'm supposed to be doing.

I put mine in a rich text file named emojis and left it on my desktop.
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 8:19:28 AM

Oh Look! a ๐Ÿฆ‹

Is this a wombat?? ๐Ÿจ

Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 9:16:21 AM
It didn't work for me. I get one of the dad-blamed boxes that indicate a dud. It could well be because I've refused to move on from Windows 7. I mean, really, it ain't broke, so why should I fix it?
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 11:03:30 AM
Colorwash wrote:
It didn't work for me. I get one of the dad-blamed boxes that indicate a dud. It could well be because I've refused to move on from Windows 7. I mean, really, it ain't broke, so why should I fix it?

I guess that could be why. And I don't suppose not being universally emoji compatible is a good enough reason to ditch your Windows version. Mine came on my new desktop a couple years ago and I jumped from Vista to Windows 10. so it was like moving to another planet for me... But I like 10 okay except for the forced updates which the latest one made my Chrome start acting wonky.
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 4:54:57 PM
I added an emoji "keyboard" to my taskbar (see http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/find-emojis-windows-10/ on how to do this for Windows 10)

I can use emoji without copy/pasting

๐Ÿคž
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 4:58:01 PM
Colorwash see How to use Emoji on Windows 7 here
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 11:30:27 PM
Remember when they were just called icons?
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 3:01:49 AM
BKMuir wrote:
Colorwash see How to use Emoji on Windows 7 here

Yes, I found exactly that web page and realized it wouldn't work for me. I got so behind on the updates and then because of past history with Windows updates, I've stopped them. It wouldn't be worth the risk for emojis, which only amuse me.