Earth Day
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2019 9:39:31 PM
I take it from the following article that Earth Day products for April 22nd are a 'No-Go' here at Zazzle despite a number of existing products in the Marketplace, right?

Earth Day Trademark

Does anybody know if the same strictures apply to World Environment Day which is celebrated on June 5th every year?
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2019 11:25:09 PM
Been selling earth day products for years. Earth day is not trademarked in the U.S.
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 5:37:55 AM
Thanks, Maz! That's good news!

P.S. I like your designs!
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 6:55:33 AM
Are you aware though, Maz, that the new search function won't pull up "earth day" nor "earth day cards" nor "earth day t-shirts", etc., etc. with or without the quotation marks?

Some things show up as "earth day gifts", but the search function strikes me as very wonky in this regard. That's one of the reasons I began to think Earth Day stuff was off limits.
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 9:36:27 AM
apparently it is only trademarked in Canada

"In the United States, the term “Earth Day” is considered public domain, so anyone, including for-profit companies, can use these words..."

their reasoning for the trademark in that explanation is funny. basically they are the only ones responsible enough to determine how the name of a holiday can be used, you know, so some random commoner or pleb doesn't try to use it to promote tooth decay or naturally occurring arsenic or the slaying of pit vipers or to make money. but then, at the end, they admit it is about them, making money, eh.
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 1:23:39 PM
Ahhh, hypocrisy... Gotta love it!
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 2:04:35 PM
So, what if I make an earth day product and a Canadian buys it? do they pay a trademark tax on it? or will a pop up warning appear stating that it is illegal in Canada to buy this product? (read that with sarcasm)

good grief!Idea

Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 3:47:03 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
So, what if I make an earth day product and a Canadian buys it? do they pay a trademark tax on it? or will a pop up warning appear stating that it is illegal in Canada to buy this product? (read that with sarcasm)

good grief!Idea

I imagine no one's the wiser unless the package is opened for inspection before it gets to them. Grin
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2019 11:27:50 AM
Looks like somebody fixed the Earth Day search! Thanks!