Deals of the Day Product Marketing Choice
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 7:23:07 AM
Zazzle...please pay more attention to the products you are promoting on your Deals of the Day or elsewhere! I just clicked on the Editor's Choice for today's Deal of the Day Acrylic Keychains and was shocked to find a blatant error in the About This Design description. You may want to contact the store owner (a Pro Diamond storekeeper) and inform them of the error in the first line. (Hint: incorrect product) This is rather embarrassing for Zazzle.
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:24:14 AM
I think i know which one your referring to but don't see a blatant mistake in the about this design section. Do you want to link us to the product so we know which one your referring to please?
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:31:59 AM
James wrote:
I think i know which one your referring to but don't see a blatant mistake in the about this design section. Do you want to link us to the product so we know which one your referring to please?

If I am correct in which one she is referring to, the mistake is in the designers description... it mentions a product that is not the keychain. I suspect a copy/paste mistake.
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:52:49 AM
Think i found it, mirror related? Laughing Also, moving this and it isn't feedback or a suggestion. Thanks for pointing it out but going to move this simple oversight to everything else.
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:02:26 AM
Yes, the "mirror" one!
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:17:26 AM
Yep, that is the one I figured it was
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 11:34:50 AM
Gosh. I hope I never get called out for description errors. It’s really easy to accidentally overlook something even if you think you’ve proofread it. They are only human.
I keep hearing people probably don’t even read them anyway. Idea
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 1:51:36 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Gosh. I hope I never get called out for description errors. It’s really easy to accidentally overlook something even if you think you’ve proofread it. They are only human.

I don't think she was calling the designer out. If she were, James would have said something or, at the very least, deleted the thread.

She just wanted to let MODs know the designer made a mistake in her description so they could let her know. It is probably easier for a MOD to contact the designer rather than another designer trying to since the email system is faulty, at best, for our use.
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 2:20:34 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:

It is possible that the designer will be thankful that someone caught it so she could fix it. I know I would be.

I had someone correct my spelling error on my store front when I first got started here and I am glad she did! I could have gone all this time without noticing it. Shocked
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:21:43 PM
"Calling out" was probably the wrong phrase to use. (though it was really easy to go to the item and see who the designer is)
I guess it was calling it a "blatant" mistake that was "embarrassing for Zazzle" that made it feel a little harsh.

Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 4:52:28 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
"Calling out" was probably the wrong phrase to use. (though it was really easy to go to the item and see who the designer is)
I guess it was calling it a "blatant" mistake that was "embarrassing for Zazzle" that made it feel a little harsh.

I can see your point.