Anyone know much about spoke short.online?
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:14:29 PM
Ack autocorrected and I can’t edit the title.... spokeshirt.online

My husband was looking for a shirt I made for him (someone asked where to get one) and turned it up being sold on this web site.... it’s a weird site though. No search engine that I could find and I’m not sure if it’s a POD or not. I fully intend to DCMA them, but I’m quite curious as to what I’ll be dealing with going in.
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:55:58 PM
I've never heard of them but the impression I got when I searched for them and did find their site was that it might be some indie e-commerce site trying to look like a big name.

I noticed that there were several other businesses with that same name in my search results and one of them seemed well established out of the UK.

but this "spokeshirt.online" is in mesa Arizona... the domain is my first red flag... who uses .online ? not many real businesses do that I know of.

my next red flag was the site itself is very limited and there is a super small selection of shirts. Plus the mockups look very generic like something I would see on ali express.

my next red flag was the promonant DMCA tab at the top of the site as if they are expecting you to file on them...

So there you have my first impression of this site. Not legit... I could be totally wrong but I doubt it.

Even though I saw no website branding this struck me as a Shopify type store.
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:01:13 PM
Well - I've filed a DMCA with them - we'll see what their reaction is...

Add these guys to the list of folks who steal from here - other's may wish to search for their work in conjunction with this site, but as they do not have a search engine on their own site, it's not super straight forward. I intend to poke around using Google. If I see anything that looks familiar I will post it up here.

For those who feel like you cannot fight the thieves - be persistent. I've actually won against some of the pirates at Amazon. It took some time and a lot of persistence. I had to file *a lot* of take downs, every couple of weeks for probably 6 months or a year or so and I had to deal with at least one filing a counter claim and accusing me of filing false claims Shocked . When that happened I found boiler plate cease and desist and defamation letters that I sent to them and they (amazingly) backed right down. After that I only had to file take downs once or twice more before my designs disappeared for what seems like for good.
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:01:14 AM
I'm going to start a list.... I get the feeling that probably *all* of the merchandize on Spokeshirt is ripped off from here, and perhaps other PODs
If you see your shop name here, Spokeshirt has copied your designs

Update - so far 100% of the tees that I've checked are ripped off from here.. The tee from my store that I found is now down - no acknowledgment or reply to my DMCA, but I will have to search to see if I can find any more of my designs.

Creative Designer Shop (a ton of yours are there...)
1989adi111
CustomClassyDesigns
Poptastic Retro Graphic Tees
Miyajiman
OHAYOO LTD
charnydepot
Ramen_Noodle_Kawaii
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:34:02 PM
Invincible Penguin wrote:
I'm going to start a list.... I get the feeling that probably *all* of the merchandize on Spokeshirt is ripped off from here, and perhaps other PODs
If you see your shop name here, Spokeshirt has copied your designs

Update - so far 100% of the tees that I've checked are ripped off from here.. The tee from my store that I found is now down - no acknowledgment or reply to my DMCA, but I will have to search to see if I can find any more of my designs.

Creative Designer Shop (a ton of yours are there...)
1989adi111
CustomClassyDesigns
Poptastic Retro Graphic Tees
Miyajiman
OHAYOO LTD
charnydepot
Ramen_Noodle_Kawaii

I am trying to figure out how you saw any shirts besides the limited selection they have featured on the front page?

I can find no way to search their site for more products... the categories title is not a link. Do they really think you will register to see more?
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 4:23:03 PM
I've was searching through Google images and also looking at the other suggested tees at the bottom of the page - most of the ones I've turned up have an octopus on them, because the design they ripped off from me involved an octopus. That in turn suggested a few more, and clicking on those suggested a few more. Some of the others I've found came from doing the same thing with the couple they've got on the front page.

Really I'm not sure exactly what their business model is..... swipe shirts and hope a google search turns up their cheaper version? Not being able to search the store at all doesn't seem like a super method of getting business -though neither does stealing *all* of your merchandize.....
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 4:51:01 PM
I've was searching through Google images and also looking at the other suggested tees at the bottom of the page - most of the ones I've turned up have an octopus on them, because the design they ripped off from me involved an octopus. That in turn suggested a few more, and clicking on those suggested a few more. Some of the others I've found came from doing the same thing with the couple they've got on the front page.

Really I'm not sure exactly what their business model is..... swipe shirts and hope a google search turns up their cheaper version? Not being able to search the store at all doesn't seem like a super method of getting business -though neither does stealing *all* of your merchandize.....

agree, they probably have more than one store like this too...
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 4:52:11 PM
More people who's designs have been stolen...
the really sad thing is that this apparently is not a POD - nothing custom... but he's got some customizable designs up there with placeholder text
JacobMaclurcan
Trending_Tee
Best Tshirts For You
SmokyKitten
Tshirts & More
SportsWare
Simply-Tasteful-Designs
The Bionic Frogs Store
JMLIncorporate
Medical Office Gifts and T-shirts
QuinoTshirt
Achempong
Geo Images
Noveltees
StellaDesign
Military Gift Shop
National Team Brasil 2014
Custom Tshirts and Hoodies
DylanFurnell
MOTOCROSS & DIRT BIKE GIFTS
TrustedShirts
Funny Birthday Gifts 30th 40th 50th 60th 70th 80th
Birthday T-shirts And Gifts
OblivionHead
Mike Spicer Cartoonist / Illustrator
Angglelove
Funny Shirts and other funny and cool stuff
Bitcoin Stores
Epoque1
bitcoinshirt
Slowguns
JOHNITEES
SANT2
Crane_Swing
Tennis Creative
GiftShopIdea
Newfucious
Bahahahas
Birthday T-shirts
EcoKeeps
HashtagDressed
patrimonio designs
ROCKET SHIPZ
HOLBROOK ART PRODUCTION
ShirtsandmoreShirts
Job Tees Fun Occupation T-shirts And Gifts
mixed world
Evco Sports
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:37:52 PM
OK.... I'm worn out with this now... BUT

I found a way to 'search' the store kind of.... if you do a Google search for "spokeshirt tee shirts" and go to the right hand side where it says "see spokeshirt" or to the "shopping" tab, you can filter out only the shirts from their store and see their catalog - and yes.... it simply looks like a giant swipe from Zazzle.

I've even just found a Bugs Bunny officially licensed tee there, so hopefully that will get someone's attention

I've also reported the store to Shopify - which is the platform their website says they are using to sell....
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:00:06 PM
I just knew it was a Shopify site, I used to be an afilliate with Shopify and I wouldn't hold out much hope that they will do anything about it either. That is all I will say about it.

I will add that the reason I am no longer affiliated with Shopify is due to their spotty reputation.
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:14:32 PM
Their logo was familiar to me. I think to remember, I found them through a FB ad. Typical Shopify junkstore, but that time it seems not to use Shopify. always the same story: stolen design content on POD stuff, trademark infringements en masse, fraudulent ads, usually cheap Aliexpress or Chinese POD dropshipping, sometimes domestic, especially selling tees, using services as Printful.

Mostly younger guys from mostly Asian countries or expats who try to jump on the bandwaggon and think they can become rich over night, how suggested by the dozens of YouTube scammers with their alleged how-to-make-1-million-in-one-month Shopify/dropshipping/POD "success" stories, selling these poor (and brainless) kids idiotic, senseless courses for 1k.

Most of the time completely clueless kids, often from poor regions, trying to make some income. In these cases I would first just send a regular email, telling them, what designs they have to shut down, or a warning that they are massively infringing intellectual properties. Scare them what may happen and you will usually succeed without having to give away any sensitive data of yours while submitting DMCA reports. In the case you find one of the arrogant, professional, hardcore ones (mostly from China, often also India, Thailand), you may of course lose your time chit-chatting with them and give away sensitive personal data while doing so, or, way the better way, if you find trademarked content, simply report them to the appropriate trademark holders.
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 6:56:46 AM
Not sure how they would think they might make any money drop shipping.... They'd have to wait until Tees were on deep discount here to order anything... Their tees are offered for $15. Tees would have to be about 1/2 off for them to just break even, unless they are charging extraordinary shipping charges.
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 7:07:21 AM
Not sure how they would think they might make any money drop shipping.... They'd have to wait until Tees were on deep discount here to order anything... Their tees are offered for $15. Tees would have to be about 1/2 off for them to just break even, unless they are charging extraordinary shipping charges.

They are not buying the shirts from here, the shirts are a cheap quality they are probably buying from some foreign POD and then dropshipping using one of Shopifiy's many apps that offer dropshiping services. I gleaned this from going to the product page and reading the t-shirt quality disclaimer that they have with the size charts.
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 7:09:24 AM

Dropshipping from Chinese suppliers, where a shirt costs you 2-5 bucks. The designs are of course leaked.
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 9:24:46 AM
I just told Disney...... I know they are forceful about their copyrights. I hope it gets to the right person and drops these people in a world of deep, deep, horse puckey....

They are also likely to have a lawyer and a registered copyright in just about any far reach of the world that these people might actually be located in.
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 10:01:09 AM
I just told Disney...... I know they are forceful about their copyrights. I hope it gets to the right person and drops these people in a world of deep, deep, horse puckey....

They are also likely to have a lawyer and a registered copyright in just about any far reach of the world that these people might actually be located in.

Good plan, I hope they pursue it!
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 10:15:31 AM
I did a street view of their supposed address in Mesa, Arizona.... it's a little strip mall and there's a veterinarian, a Papa Johns, a hairdresser and a place that sells shaved ice... I at least expected a Mailboxes etc or something, but nope, not even that.

I've also found Loony Toons and Dreamworks stuff... but I can't find a contact email for Dreamworks.

If it's not obvious this kind of thing ahem.. ticks me off (my original choice of wording was censoredLaughing) enough that I'm more than happy to put in a little time to bring down the roof on them..

FYI - I've been searching through and collecting names of stores that have stolen designs. If you are out there still.. Please DMCA these jerks - FLOOD them with takedowns and make their lives miserable...

I've started a spreadsheet to make it easier to find your store
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19dLRLreFpo0ANYvLm-XBGkjd02Z_flCr_RgSA9KQm6Y/edit?usp=sharing
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 12:18:07 PM
I just checked out their website. How do you know who's designs from Zazzle are on there? I don't see a way to figure that out unless you're familiar with all the designers here. Obviously, if you see something from Disney or one of your own designs you know who that belongs to, but from regular designers here I'm not sure how you're figuring that out.

I actually live in Mesa, AZ, so maybe I will have a chance to check out where they're at.
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 12:37:20 PM
They steal pretty directly..... I started out just checking Zazzle for items I could see. They were all here. Then I discovered I could turn up large lists of results by doing a google search under the shopping tab and limiting it to their website (on the left). If you search Disney tees like this you’ll turn up pages of results all from zazzle. Search something more general - say “cats”, and you’ll turn up hundreds of results. I’ve checked many and all come from here. They don’t change the titles so finding them on zazzle is fairly easy as long as the title isn’t something super general. If you want to see if any of your own designs are there just reverse the process. Search for one of your titles in quotes, in the shopping tab. You should see it listed under Zazzle - but not under any other store.... poking around I found two more domains that look like the same thieves.

I wouldn’t bother with the address. It’s bogus- probably picked at random and doesn’t even exist. I tried street viewing it. Google shows the next closest building because the area it would be is is just a little strip of landscaping in between the sidewalk a a noise blocking wall shielding the adjacent neighborhood.
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 4:36:28 PM
They steal pretty directly..... I started out just checking Zazzle for items I could see. They were all here. Then I discovered I could turn up large lists of results by doing a google search under the shopping tab and limiting it to their website (on the left). If you search Disney tees like this you’ll turn up pages of results all from zazzle. Search something more general - say “cats”, and you’ll turn up hundreds of results. I’ve checked many and all come from here. They don’t change the titles so finding them on zazzle is fairly easy as long as the title isn’t something super general. If you want to see if any of your own designs are there just reverse the process. Search for one of your titles in quotes, in the shopping tab. You should see it listed under Zazzle - but not under any other store.... poking around I found two more domains that look like the same thieves.

I wouldn’t bother with the address. It’s bogus- probably picked at random and doesn’t even exist. I tried street viewing it. Google shows the next closest building because the area it would be is is just a little strip of landscaping in between the sidewalk a a noise blocking wall shielding the adjacent neighborhood.

Would be interesting to see what's actually there, though, but finding to the time to check it out might be problematic. It's not high on my list of priorities, don't you know! I have little enough time as it is.

Anyhow, you seem to have enough time to pursue all of this and thank you for pointing it out. I will check some of my titles and see what I come up with, although I don't really have anything that's really popular at this time, and I doubt they would be found at this company, as I have few t-shirt designs.
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 6:20:43 PM
Karen Coffelt wrote:

Would be interesting to see what's actually there, though, but finding to the time to check it out might be problematic. It's not high on my list of priorities, don't you know! I have little enough time as it is.

Anyhow, you seem to have enough time to pursue all of this and thank you for pointing it out. I will check some of my titles and see what I come up with, although I don't really have anything that's really popular at this time, and I dought they would be found at this company, as I have few t-shirt designs.

I checked out a random sample of your shirts and didn't come across any. I'm not sure how they are pulling - it seems like it's more than likely a robot of some sort as they have even have templated items that are non-customizable like this:
https://www.spokeshirt.online/disney-logo-mickey-and-friends-family-vacation-tshirt/?sku=22-19701-14503231-70971755888&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_IWN9K-Q5AIVFMRkCh121g0zEAkYBCABEgIRyvD_BwE

If they were actually looking at the items they'd realize no-one is going to buy that as it is...

It does seem like they might not have run their bot super recently - none of my newest shirts where there and not even all of my older ones. The newest thing I could actually date was a shirt that someone sarcastically made, probably back in April, because it was basically a complaint about the newly introduced Zazzle account fees.... Zazzle introduced non contributing account fees and all I made was this lousy Tee shirt.....

Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 8:13:44 PM
Karen Coffelt wrote:

Anyhow, you seem to have enough time to pursue all of this and thank you for pointing it out. I will check some of my titles and see what I come up with, although I don't really have anything that's really popular at this time, and I dought they would be found at this company, as I have few t-shirt designs.

I checked out a random sample of your shirts and didn't come across any. I'm not sure how they are pulling - it seems like it's more than likely a robot of some sort as they have even have templated items that are non-customizable like this:
https://www.spokeshirt.online/disney-logo-mickey-and-friends-family-vacation-tshirt/?sku=22-19701-14503231-70971755888&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_IWN9K-Q5AIVFMRkCh121g0zEAkYBCABEgIRyvD_BwE

If they were actually looking at the items they'd realize no-one is going to buy that as it is...

It does seem like they might not have run their bot super recently - none of my newest shirts where there and not even all of my older ones. The newest thing I could actually date was a shirt that someone sarcastically made, probably back in April, because it was basically a complaint about the newly introduced Zazzle account fees.... Zazzle introduced non contributing account fees and all I made was this lousy Tee shirt.....

Wow! Yeah, no one would buy that shirt if they can't customize it.