Amazon Doormat Thief
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 8:53:38 AM
I know there are too many Amazon thieves to list, but this one I found particularly annoying. They took most of my doormat design pixel-for-pixel and then pasted it on a different-colored background. After I filed the complaint, they sent one of those emails claiming they designed it and that I "misunderstand."

Here's the link to their storefront if you want to look for your own work. I recognize a couple things I've seen on Zazzle (with different-colored backgrounds, of course, which makes it original!) Laughing

the Storefront

Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 11:42:21 AM
Wow, this seller is serious about using EVERY slogan in the book. I noticed that there is a band on his products with his name on it to keep people from stealing "his original designs".

All I can say is Karma, dude. Karma.
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 7:04:12 PM
Cherie De Sues wrote:
Wow, this seller is serious about using EVERY slogan in the book. I noticed that there is a band on his products with his name on it to keep people from stealing "his original designs".

All I can say is Karma, dude. Karma.

Yes. Smile Most of them just steal the whole design, but this one is making slight alterations, so it's harder to spot. I clicked through to the end and recognized a few more designs from Zazzle, though.
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 2:26:10 PM
Doormats are the most common stolen design products on amazon. At one point you could find nearly every zazzle design on a doormat on amazon.

Bad news- It will never stop. Amazon removes the products, but doesn't remove the people. So they're allowed to keep on selling stolen designs.
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 3:15:39 PM
And they're almost invariably in China, a country with which Amazon has an unholy alliance.
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 4:40:37 PM
Yeah, that's why I only check a few times a year now. It's still a lot of fun to get their sad, weepy emails, though. Grin
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:16:05 PM
Bottom line: Buying from Amazon is supporting theft.
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:02:04 AM
...maybe Trump's new tariff on Chinese exports will put a damper on the cloning