1st store 90% removed, who else? 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 7:35:14 AM
For me there is no IF with that disrespectful terms and this company approach.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 8:15:01 AM
one of mine is over 50% hidden

the other is about 75% hidden

some things I am making over with no customization so there can be no collabs or secondary content added. The rest will be deleted.

I will stay in a limited capacity. For now.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 8:16:46 AM
All designs removed. That terminates any license agreement I had with Zazzle and that is in the terms. Store has not been deleted. As I understand it if we republish without customization our designs copyrights are not shared. I don't want to close my store. Zazzle brings in money for me that I need but I can't agree to sharing my copyrights nope.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:10:52 AM
I see, well we all have different approach and so different designs, that's cool. What's not cool is the fact Z doesn't care.
I can't trust them anymore.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:24:03 AM
I don't quite understand. Were your designs removed or hidden by Zazzle?
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:08:15 AM
ValeriesGallery wrote:

no, we removed/hid them ourselves to protect them from the vulerabilties in the terms (current and new) regarding collaboration among other things.

there are many threads in feedback discussing this.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:44:33 AM
Approx half, will need to do double checking tonight.

Other half tomorrow, getting cramps in my mouse hand lol

d
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:11:19 PM
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
ValeriesGallery wrote:

no, we removed/hid them ourselves to protect them from the vulerabilties in the terms (current and new) regarding collaboration among other things.

I gotcha. Thanks for the reply.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:22:36 PM
ValeriesGallery wrote:
ValeriesGallery wrote:

I gotcha. Thanks for the reply.

you're welcome.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:57:23 PM
@Shelli Smile I can't work here anymore, invested too much this year and here goes the payout.
And thanks for explaining it to @ValeriesGallery

@DreamEssence I understand, yet my heart has left this place before me.

@deemac1 exactly, so many hours lost by these irresponsible changes.

Well, they deliberately chose the period before Christmas, so that people wouldn't leave in groups in anticipation of higher sales.

Next step finished, almost all blog post with links to Z and Tweets got removed. More hours lost, yet gonna reinvest that somewhere else.

Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:06:23 PM
Plrang Art wrote:
@Shelli Smile I can't work here anymore, invested too much this year and here goes the payout.
And thanks for explaining it to @ValeriesGallery

@DreamEssence I understand, yet my heart has left this place before me.

@deemac1 exactly, so many hours lost by these irresponsible changes.

Well, they deliberately chose the period before Christmas, so that people wouldn't leave in groups in anticipation of higher sales.

Next step finished, almost all blog post with links to Z and Tweets got removed. More hours lost, yet gonna reinvest that somewhere else.

I understand completely and I wish you all the best! Roses
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:14:45 PM
Same to You! Now I am waiting for the reaction from people who do not look at the forum, when they find out what just happened to their designs.
Some of them, I personally informed, was in deep shock.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:25:35 PM
Plrang Art wrote:
Same to You! Now I am waiting for the reaction from people who do not look at the forum, when they find out what just happened to their designs.
Some of them, I personally informed, was in deep shock.

I wish you better success elsewhere.

I think I am going to try the copyright irrelevent way and disable customizing and see what happens... I might still have to go later depending on future events.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:35:38 PM
@ Shelli,

In April I will have been here 13 years. I'd rather start anew some place else than have to throw away whatever market placement I've achieved to beginning all over again with re-published products. Plus my Zrank has never been above a 4, I imagine it would be in negative territory if I disabled customization.

d
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 4:01:45 PM
I am staying stores intact. I'm not one for knee jerk reactions. Who knows, I may never see someone use my product for a collaboration... or it may take six months. I'm definitely in a wait to see what happens mode. It's a heck of a lot better on one's nerves and far less drama inducing.

Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 4:05:31 PM
deemac1 wrote:
@ Shelli,

In April I will have been here 13 years. I'd rather start anew some place else than have to throw away whatever market placement I've achieved to beginning all over again with re-published products. Plus my Zrank has never been above a 4, I imagine it would be in negative territory if I disabled customization.

d

Yes, it will be for me also and for sure on designs that have sold but if it is the only way to keep the secondary content off then I will do it, since Zazzle isn't being kind enough to provide opt outs...

The only way I know to see what happens is to try it, but my heart is not set on this place anymore so if it doesn't work out in the end...oh well.

I am sorry to see you go and have enjoyed knowing ya! I wish you nothing but the best.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 4:10:32 PM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
I am staying stores intact. I'm not one for knee jerk reactions. Who knows, I may never see someone use my product for a collaboration... or it may take six months. I'm definitely in a wait to see what happens mode. It's a heck of a lot better on one's nerves and far less drama inducing.

I would hardly call weeks of waiting for answers and trying to analyze terms that were being rewritten as we went along a knee jerk. And as for the drama there are times when some drama is called for.

But I am glad you are doing fine and I hope it continues to be fine for you.

For me Z will never be the same... and I guess they never were who I thought they were... at least not since I have been here.

Adding: I have heard stories about how they used to be...
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 4:31:38 PM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:

I would hardly call weeks of waiting for answers and trying to analyze terms that were being rewritten as we went along a knee jerk. And as for the drama there are times when some drama is called for.

But I am glad you are doing fine and I hope it continues to be fine for you.

For me Z will never be the same... and I guess they never were who I thought they were... at least not since I have been here.

Adding: I have heard stories about how they used to be...

My artwork and my copyrights so I am doing what I think is best for me.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 5:10:53 PM
DreamEssence_Designs wrote:

Also wishing you better times! Roses
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 5:18:24 PM
DreamEssence_Designs wrote:

Also wishing you better times! Roses

Wishing the same for you Shelli! Love
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:40:30 PM
My stores and products are staying for now, going forward I'll disable customization on products to be posted for sale. I do hope Z will implement off/on customization on published products.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:42:36 PM
Shelli,

I'm just hiding but at the moment but the way things are I have no intention of unhiding without big changes. Before my designs were only available here. Even should things change Zazzle would be secondary to me now because at a drop of the hat they could change right back. I doubt I'm that important to them and the feeling has become mutual. Maybe I've just been here too long.

As you've said the trust is gone.

Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 7:55:24 PM
deemac1 wrote:
Shelli,

I'm just hiding but at the moment but the way things are I have no intention of unhiding without big changes. Before my designs were only available here. Even should things change Zazzle would be secondary to me now because at a drop of the hat they could change right back. I doubt I'm that important to them and the feeling has become mutual. Maybe I've just been here too long.

As you've said the trust is gone.

Oh good itÔÇÖs not goodbye yet then. ­čî╗
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:51:45 AM
@Shelli I know, I just can't allow a low earner site to have a chance to leak my artworks with some shady licensing terms.

@Lynn-Marie Some people prefer to think earlier, other think after something happens. It's your choice. My choice is to protect my art from sneaky hijacking attempts.

@deemac1 and @DreamEssence Same feelings here. You have to value your work and keep a mutual respect.

I sell elsewhere, as many other people who are leaving, which is enough to eliminate such site from my portfolio. Especially that earnings here are a drop in the ocean in comparison.
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 12:49:24 PM
I have hidden all customizable designs except one to use for testing purposes. I'm about 1/3 of the way through creating new non-customizable versions.
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:25:05 PM
buxmontweb wrote:
I have hidden all customizable designs except one to use for testing purposes. I'm about 1/3 of the way through creating new non-customizable versions.

This is so sad because if they would only give us a way to opt out none of this extra work would be necessary.

I just don't get the logic behind it. if we can opt out of design transfers and we can opt out of having our stuff sold on other websites and we can opt out of new design migration then why can't we opt out of collaboration and secondary content additions?

@Zazzle: if you want me to shut up about opt outs then give them to us.
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:29:30 PM

This is so sad because if they would only give us a way to opt out none of this extra work would be necessary.

I just don't get the logic behind it. if we can opt out of design transfers and we can opt out of having our stuff sold on other websites and we can opt out of new design migration then why can't we opt out of collaboration and secondary content additions?

if you want me to shut up about opt outs then give them to us.

I agree - I'm exhausted and unable to work on other things I need to be doing because of this extra work. I wish they would make customization and collaboration 2 completely separate things with separate opt-out/opt-in for each.
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:15:04 PM
Well.. I'm glad I'm free, 2nd store killed.
See you later guys and thank you for all your comments.
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:26:37 PM
Plrang Art wrote:
Well.. I'm glad I'm free, 2nd store killed.
See you later guys and thank you for all your comments.

Good luck to you!
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:46:44 PM
Quote:
1st store 90% removed, who else?

One completely Direct Only; one completely Hidden; three biggest ones to go through tonight still.