W-8BEN IRELAND
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 5:07:49 AM
Hi Zazzle

My w-8ben form has been rejected twice.
I'm Irish and reside in Dublin.
Is there anyone from Ireland out there that could tell me what to put in part 11 line 10.
Also I have an EIN number which I got for another USA site. I put it in part 1 line 5 and
Zazzle asked if it was an ITIN number? I thought it was the same thing.
I also put my Irish tax number on line 6.

Thanks, Carol
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 5:18:22 AM
Hi Carol, if you're on facebook, search for "International Zazzlers United" group. Am sure you'll get help there with your form.
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 7:37:29 AM
Hi Carol, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues here. If you have any questions, I would recommend contacting our lovely W8-BEN support team via the email address below. They will be able to assist you further.

zazzle-w8@zazzle.com

Thanks! Smile
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 10:14:32 AM
Thank's mothersdaisy.

Hi Padie, I did contact zazzle-w8@zazzle.com, they were no help. They actually said they were not accountants and in relation to line 10, I should seek advice from an accountant, which I did. He told me that line 10 didn't apply to me and to leave it blank, which I did, and it came back?

Carol Crying
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 11:51:31 AM
EIN is not the same as the ITIN, you can use instead your Irish tax number in the Foreign tax ID box.

For line 10 you need to state "copyright" royalties as the type of income. Withholding tax is 0%, article number is 12 and paragraph is 1 ( I got that info from the chart on http://www.upenn.edu/pennpress/about/taxforms.html The reason you meet the terms of the treaty depends on the country you live in, in Canada it's because "copyright royalties are for the use of artwork". It might be the same for Ireland.

Check out this thread https://forum.zazzle.com/intl/w_8ben_form_rejected_yet_again_uk_resident
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 11:58:29 AM
I'll try that, thanks waterart.
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 4:25:31 PM
Thanks, everyone for the help, I think it's finally been accepted.

Carol Smile