W-8 form
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 1:58:43 AM
I have a new store on zazzle.ca, not on zazzle.com which is a US based company. My question is, if my store is on a Canadian Zazzle, Why do I have to fill out a W-8 form and give the American Government 30%??? Also, if it is the same company on headquarters are in Canada, Why can't I accept American Money instead of Canadian on my products? If I'm giving the American Government 30% that would be 30% American money, not 30% Canadian. If that's the case, I should be able to have my sales in American money. Otherwise it's not worth all the hard work I put into my store because I would be losing the 30% American and the Canadian Tax as well. That leaves NO profit and just hard work.

Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks.
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 2:17:01 AM
Zazzle is an American company with headquarters in the United States. If you publish products on the Canadian website they can still be sold internationally I believe. If you fill out the W8-ben form and it is accepted you will not be subject to 30% withholding tax, because the United States and Canada have a tax treaty.

I am not from Canada, but I believe the tax treaty for Canada is 10% withholding tax. These 10% can usually be credited in your country when you pay your income tax there.

If you are on Facebook, there is a group called "International Zazzlers United", which was created for the purpose of dealing with W8-ben forms. It has a lot of good information on this subject. There are fellow Canadians in this group who can help you as well.
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 5:41:27 AM
You do have a store on zazzle.com. All other zazzle domains are mirrors of the .com. You have a store on every domain that Zazzle has.
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 7:55:30 AM
Moving this to the International section of the forum as this isn't feedback.

If you have any further question about a W8 form or the taxation practices, please reach out to our W8 Review team on zazzle-w8@zazzle.com

Thanks Grin
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 6:41:09 PM
James wrote:
Moving this to the International section of the forum as this isn't feedback.

If you have any further question about a W8 form or the taxation practices, please reach out to our W8 Review team on zazzle-w8@zazzle.com

Thanks Grin

Did you inform the member about moving her post James? Pretty sure nobody is going to find it here.