W8ben
newfieblood
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2017 3:51:42 PM

Groups: Member

I'm here in Canada, and I just started my store called Imagination Creations this month. What's this w8ben form concerning the US about? Where do I get one online? Is it hard to fill out? Thanks.
pickledradish
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 12:08:18 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Hi Rojyr,
and welcome to Zazzle.
There's a post in this forum that will help you. View posts from the last 6 months to find it.
waterart
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 3:09:18 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

Without submitting the w8ben form zazzle will not send you your earnings. You can download the form from the payment settings in your zazzle account.

Part I of the form is straightforward,in box 6 enter your S.I.N number.

Part II - line 9 - Canada
line 10 - claim: 0%
Article: XII
type of income: copyright royalties
reason: "Copyright royalties are for artwork"

Sign and date the form, print your name under your signature.
Email the form to zazzle's email address provided in your payment settings.

Christine
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 3:53:28 PM

Groups: Member, Zazzle Admin, Zazzle Employee

Hi Rojyr! Because Zazzle is a US-based corporation, we are required by law to collect a signed IRS W-8BEN form for all Designers located outside of the US before we can authorize payment on their account(s).

You may download the W-8BEN form and review instructions for its proper completion at the links below:
• Form: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf
• Instructions: http://www.irs.gov/instructions/iw8ben/index.html

Please complete and send the signed form back to us via email (as an attachment), fax or US mail at your earliest convenience.

• Email: Zazzle-w8@Zazzle.com
• Fax: 1-650-362-2199 [Call: 1-650-362-2199]
• Mailing Address:
Zazzle, Inc.
1800 Seaport Blvd.
Redwood City, CA 94063

Once your form has been received and processed, your account will be updated to authorize payment.

You can also refer to our help article: https://help.zazzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/222706728-W-8-Forms
lensman
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 4:23:12 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

Many thanks for that, @waterart - Zazzle has been effing me around with my W-8BEN form (I'm Canadian, too) and I have submitted it 4 or 5 times now. Each time they reply with something along the lines "The paragraph section needs revising", or "Reason needs more explanation", etc., etc, and absolutely NO help in telling me what I should be putting in the relative sections. I even copied exactly the very detailed paragraph and sections from the IRS website, but no, not good enough. I understand that Zazzle can't offer me "tax advice" but this is ridiculous. All they have to do is tell me, well, "other Canadians are completing the form like this, but we accept no liabilities for any future issues that may arise for incorrect completion" - Done!

I belong to a stock photo site as well and that company actually guides its members through completing the form online! So, not only are they offering "tax advice" they are completing the form for me!!

I will now retry submitting the form as you have suggested, and once paid out I will be closing my Zazzle account for good.

waterart
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 3:28:54 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

The "paragraph" thing is a new addition I think that the paragraph number is "3" but I'm not sure since that wasn't a requirement when I filled out my form. Check out this thread for more info:

https://forum.zazzle.com/misc/w8_ben_form_for_non_usa_residents
lensman
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 5:03:17 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

Yes, my form was rejected again because of the paragraph issue: "you remove a paragraph reference. We advised it was just incorrect, so please choose another."

It would be so simple for them to say "it needs to be paragraph x, but assume no liability for incorrect useage"

I will look up that other link now.

waterart
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:18:19 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

Are you saying you tried submitting with "3" as the paragraph reference number?