Tax Update Requirement 6 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2019 1:51:15 AM
Zazzle requested also a Tax ID (line 6 of W-8BEN), however this is not required according to the instructions provided by the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw8ben.pdf

Line 6. If you are providing this Form W-8BEN to document yourself as an account holder with respect to a financial account (as defined in Regulations section 1.1471-5(b)) that you hold at a U.S. office of a financial institution (including a U.S. branch of an FFI) and you receive U.S. source income reportable on Form 1042-S associated with this form, you must provide the TIN issued to you by your jurisdiction of tax residence identified on line 3 unless

Zazzle is not a financial institution and thus this is not a financial account. Correspondingly, the information in Line 6 (Tax ID) is not required.

The income from zazzle is not an US Source Income reportable on Form 1042-S.

so Why Zazzle insists to get this TAX ID ?
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:06:24 AM
We are a US source of income as this is a US based company. We are not a financial institution, but your Zazzle account accrues money and we do send you a yearly 1042-s form depending on your released earnings. Believe me, we do not ask for information we are not advised to ask for. We work with the IRS in order to legally be able to release funds to our associates and designers.

Our W8 Ben reviewers are advising and requesting all necessary information. Please provide the information requested and you will be able to complete this process and begin receiving your earnings/royalties as soon as possible.
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 12:01:31 PM
Quick question. I have been getting paid from Zazzle for a few years now but have recently changed my name (married last name). In doing so have sent in a new W8 form. Does anyone know if my payment next month will be withheld now until the new W8 form is approved or will it still go through seeing how there is a W8 in place already (just not an updated one with the new name). Just trying to plan ahead if I can't count on my next payment until the following month.
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2019 6:30:43 AM
If you already changed the name on your Zazzle account and/or PayPal, then this might cause an interruption. I'll check for your form now and see if we can get it expedited to avoid any disruption.
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2019 7:43:02 AM
James wrote:
If you already changed the name on your Zazzle account and/or PayPal, then this might cause an interruption. I'll check for your form now and see if we can get it expedited to avoid any disruption.

Thank you so much!!! That is super! I really appreciate it!
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 1:25:46 PM
James wrote:

i still have not received my tax forms
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 3:09:30 PM
Harmony wrote:

i still have not received my tax forms

Are you talking about the 1042-S form? I still didn't get mine either. I don't remember when they usually arrive but somewhere on the forum I read it's in April. Would be nice if they would send them earlier.
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 2:38:42 PM
It would be amazingly helpful to receive them earlier, for those who are registered as corporations and such.