Help needed as UK resident on Sections 9 and 10
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2017 9:15:02 PM
Hello there -

Can anyone tell me what I should put in sections 9 and 10 as a UK resident?
I've tried to read the IRS notes but I can't get the info I need
I don't have an accountant.

I feel sure there must be others in the same situation as myself. Thanks in advance.
Posted: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 5:38:22 AM
Still waiting for mine to be approved but followed the advice from other forums. I put United Kingdom in the gap in section 9. Then in section 10 put "paragraph 12"..... claim a 0% rate."
Posted: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 6:09:16 AM
For assistance, Email: Zazzle-w8@Zazzle.com
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 4:44:00 AM
And I've had it returned asking for more details....I'll update when I get it correct and accepted!
Posted: Monday, August 07, 2017 6:30:47 AM
I have put my payments on hold for ages after having a W8-BEN rejected. I have just submitted again as I want to get my hands on the money. I followed the advice in an earlier thread:

https://forum.zazzle.com/intl/has_any_international_zazzler_had_there_new_w8ben

The text for needs some massaging to fit the pdf form. I must now wait and see. The previous reason Zazzle gave for rejecting my form was something about a mismatch between my name on the form and the way it appears on the account, so they are very picky it seems. Fingers crossed for this attempt!

Mike
Posted: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 7:31:02 AM
Hey,

I'm from the uk and this is what I put for section 9 and 10, touch wood I have not had a problem.

9. United Kingdom

10. ....Article 12 of the treaty identified on line 9 to claim a 0% rate of withholding on copyright royalties paid for the reproduction of, or the right to use, artistic works.

Then under the terms of the treaty article...Beneficial owner is a citizen of the United Kingdom and who is registered to pay tax to the tax authority of the British government, her majesty's revenue and customs (HMRC)

Hope that helps!
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 2:58:17 AM
Had mine rejected again!

"Your form is nearly good enough to be accepted. However, there are a few things that still need to be looked at.

The paragraph number you have received isn't quite the right one for this form.
The last part in section 10 needs to be adjusted.What you currently doesn’t contain the information needed to provide you the benefit. It would help to keep in mind the type of income you receive from Zazzle. It may also help to refer to the type of work you provide to the Zazzle website."

I'm trying again today with the suggestions from special_stationery!

Posted: Wednesday, September 06, 2017 1:47:42 AM
Still waiting for mine to be approved BUT it was the paragraph number that was omitted on mine. I put in Para 1. Fingers crossed.
When I get it accepted I'll post the full details in here. It's daft that there's so much faffing around on this Smile
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 9:36:12 AM
The Facebook group International Zazzlers United has a lot of information that will help with the form. I'm no longer a member, so I can't add you, but they're a friendly bunch who will help I'm sure.
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 3:14:58 AM
Had my rejected twice more since my last post....I have submitted a W8 to Amazon Merch and CafePress which was accepted first time...still searching for those magical words zazzle will accept! I will post here again when I get it right!
Posted: Saturday, December 02, 2017 8:07:04 AM
There returned it again and asked for another change - on a small one this time instead the the list I've had in the past - fingered crossed just submitted again.

Looked back in my e-mail and I've been trying to get it correct since March this year Crying
Posted: Saturday, December 02, 2017 9:35:47 AM
This can be a lengthy process at time guys, but the IRS look for very specific information which can be a pain, but none the less neccessary. Crying I can assure you our team are at hand to help where they can, but it needs to be within the law in regards to the information we advise. Your patience is very much appreciated and it will be worth it once done. Grin