Has any International Zazzler had there new w8ben form accepted as correct yet? 2 pages: 1 [2]
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 6:28:42 AM
Thanks everyone for help with this. Following LouieGee's advice I've had my 3rd attempt at the form, the others having been rejected for various reasons. Waiting to see if this one is accepted now. The info on the USA tax department website isn't very 'user friendly' unfortunately.
I think an example form would be useful on the site, just to give newbies like me the wording to use in part 2. Maybe Zazzle will offer this at some point?
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 8:25:52 AM
I am new to Zazzle, opening up a few shops and discovered I have to fill out the W8 form. Emailed Zazzle about it, they were very helpful, hoping this might help others (UK point of view);

Hello Martin
Thanks for contacting the support team at Zazzle. 

The number you should be using in the Foreign TIN section is your national insurance number.

In order for you to be able to claim the lower tax treaty rate between your country and the US, you must fill out Part II of the form. As we are not tax professionals, we cannot provide you with the answers for this section. We can however steer you towards the information required with links that the IRS have provided us.

So in order to get the percentage of the treaty you need to claim under, you firstly need to locate the Type of income you are earning. If you are unsure of the type of income Zazzle provides to Sellers like you, we do state it on a number of pages on the Zazzle website, including here where you can find how to change your rates:


You also need to locate the corresponding Article and Paragraph reference numbers that suit your application. The following link can assist you with this:

And finally, you need to state the reason you meet the terms of the treaty you are claiming on your form. This might have a lot to do with what it is you do with Zazzle.


If you are having trouble with this section, we would recommend reaching out to a licensed tax professional for advice.

Customer Support
Zazzle Inc.

Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 8:29:19 AM
Going to look up the info and attempt to fill in the form, will update when I get a response.
Posted: Friday, March 09, 2018 4:28:04 AM
Thank you Martin, your link to the Article and Paragraph reference numbers was exactly what I needed to complete my form (which I've had to redo because we recently moved house and changed our address). I'm hoping it will be accepted now - fingers crossed!
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 8:39:21 AM
Martin, could you write down exactly what you wrote for section 10 as I have had mine rejected?

(They also rejected it saying I hadn't completed the date of birth section - but I had and I had correctly stated it in the American format!)

Many thanks.
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:38:22 AM
Guys, we're ok with you posting tips etc on this forum as thats what its for, but any information classed as tax advice will be removed.

looking at your form review, there is a DOB on the form. You can ignore this point @Myhorsegatsby. If you have any questions about what was sent to you, please respond to the email and our W8 team will be happy to elaborate. Grin
Users browsing this topic

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed