why did I get 0,00 royalty for 100 cards?
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 6:16:14 AM
The other day I sold 200 of these cards
https://www.zazzle.com/elegant_white_floral_rsvp_card_template-240684123495969927

For 100, I received 19.6%+ (+ 4.9% user options). My royalty for that card is 20% and the Zazzle website clearly states: "Choose any royalty rate from 5% up to 99% and we’ll increase the product price so you earn that royalty". So me not getting that royalty is fraud, but I already expressed my feeling about that earlier so I won't get into that here.

But, for the other 100, I received 0,0 earnings. The only reason I know about this, is that I received the shipping email, it's not even on my royalty earnings. On the product info, it does say "sold 200 and sold once".

So... zazzle, please explain this.
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 9:55:48 AM
Funcards wrote:
The other day I sold 200 of these cards
https://www.zazzle.com/elegant_white_floral_rsvp_card_template-240684123495969927

For 100, I received 19.6%+ (+ 4.9% user options). My royalty for that card is 20% and the Zazzle website clearly states: "Choose any royalty rate from 5% up to 99% and we’ll increase the product price so you earn that royalty". So me not getting that royalty is fraud, but I already expressed my feeling about that earlier so I won't get into that here.

But, for the other 100, I received 0,0 earnings. The only reason I know about this, is that I received the shipping email, it's not even on my royalty earnings. On the product info, it does say "sold 200 and sold once".

So... zazzle, please explain this.

I had a similar experience last week. I sold two sets of business cards and they transferred the same business card to 120 paper coasters all in one order. I know that sounds weird, transferring a business card to a coaster, but I tried it myself and it turned out pretty cool looking. Anyway, when I got the shipped email it showed all of that plus an extra 120 transferred coasters that had a royalty of zero. I figured it was a glitch.

I can't do what you did with the product stats because they were a transfer and I'm not sure how transfers are calculated. All it says is Orders (Last 7 days): 1 - Orders (Last 30 days): 1 - Orders (All time): 76 - Qty Sold: 494. It doesn't show quantity sold within in any given time frame.

Good question. I hope Zazzle has some insight.

Also, I wonder how transferred sales are tallied, if at all. They are obviously not credited to the original product and those coasters don't actually exist in my store.
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 10:47:10 AM
Jerry wrote:
I can't do what you did with the product stats because they were a transfer and I'm not sure how transfers are calculated.

Transfers are counted as sales to the Original Product. I've tested it.
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 12:01:37 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
Jerry wrote:
I can't do what you did with the product stats because they were a transfer and I'm not sure how transfers are calculated.

Transfers are counted as sales to the Original Product. I've tested it.

Ah, I see. We need 7 and 30 day window stats on Quantity Sold as well then.
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 12:34:25 PM
Does Zazzle ever give BOGO coupons.... for the first person, it sounds like a bogo. The second wow... that's a lot of stuff for a zero order. Ouch.

I've had designs transferred to different products several times and have never had any tally/royalty problems with them. They've all been credited to me at my default rate.
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2020 10:36:49 AM
Funcards wrote:
But, for the other 100, I received 0,0 earnings. The only reason I know about this, is that I received the shipping email, it's not even on my royalty earnings. On the product info, it does say "sold 200 and sold once".

That sounds like a BOGO, as Invincible Penguin mentions. I recall seeing a thread in Tech (last year maybe?) where someone reported it. Unsure whether the thread was moved because "it's not a technical issue."

I also recall that Z posted that the earnings would be reconciled when the sale cleared. So if the "BO" Designer's earnings showed 100% of the BOGO and the "GO" Designer's earnings showed 0% earnings of it, it would be split 50/50 at the time it cleared. I also recall that Z was going to fix it so that it didn't happen that way in the future - both would see 50/50 at time of sale. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember.

In those sales, however, it was reported in Earnings as a sale with the proper Royalty Rate but $0 in actual Earnings.

Yours sounds a little different. I would reach out and ask the question. Possible there was a BOGO coupon on an international site or a customer had one for some reason. In which case, I would think Earnings would show a sale of 200 Products at your Royalty Rate and whatever the proper earnings are.

Situations like this strongly support the point that we need better earnings reports.
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 3:54:07 AM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
Funcards wrote:
But, for the other 100, I received 0,0 earnings. The only reason I know about this, is that I received the shipping email, it's not even on my royalty earnings. On the product info, it does say "sold 200 and sold once".

That sounds like a BOGO, as Invincible Penguin mentions. I recall seeing a thread in Tech (last year maybe?) where someone reported it. Unsure whether the thread was moved because "it's not a technical issue."

I also recall that Z posted that the earnings would be reconciled when the sale cleared. So if the "BO" Designer's earnings showed 100% of the BOGO and the "GO" Designer's earnings showed 0% earnings of it, it would be split 50/50 at the time it cleared. I also recall that Z was going to fix it so that it didn't happen that way in the future - both would see 50/50 at time of sale. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember.

In those sales, however, it was reported in Earnings as a sale with the proper Royalty Rate but $0 in actual Earnings.

Yours sounds a little different. I would reach out and ask the question. Possible there was a BOGO coupon on an international site or a customer had one for some reason. In which case, I would think Earnings would show a sale of 200 Products at your Royalty Rate and whatever the proper earnings are.

Situations like this strongly support the point that we need better earnings reports.

Thanks so much for the reply, I really appreciate it. Yes that could be it, that is a BOGO.
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 3:55:48 AM
Zazzle can you please explain why you are giving our products away for free and it's not even in our royal history?
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 5:12:56 AM
Hi all, thank you for your input here. There is no BOGO present here in this instance. We went a little of topic so I will be locking this for now.

@Funcards - I sent you an email regarding your specific issue.

Thanks Smile
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded