store to store
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:14:39 AM
Zazzle, please could you make it easy to move products from store to store.

I am trying to create a new store and move products over to it, but there is no easy way to do it, I have to customize each product individually and add to a new store.

Please tell me I am wrong and there is a quick add to store button somewhere I am missing Crying
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:46:17 AM
'Fraid not - at the moment you just have to do it the long way Sad . It's not a good idea to have identical products in more than one store anyway, so customizing gives you the chance to make some changes.
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:11:38 AM
hi

I don't want to duplicate them i just want to move them, so at the moment i am customizing then deleting from other store which means until the store is finished it has to be private or it will just look a mess, so I have lots of products people cannot see.

It seems such an easy thing to be able to do, all they need to do is add the stores where they say set store category, they already do it for when you create, surely they could do it in the edit, oh well back to the moving, I should be finished by xmas lol

Zazzle are doing little things just to annoy me lol, like I know how many fans I have but have no idea how to find them anymore, I have looked high and low and cannot see a fan page anywhere. grrrrrrrr

Ok rant over! Grin
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:57:04 AM
Quote:
so I have lots of products people cannot see

They can still be seen in the MP, even while your store is set to private.

Steve.
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:00:56 PM
Flutterbi wrote:
hi

I don't want to duplicate them i just want to move them, so at the moment i am customizing then deleting from other store which means until the store is finished it has to be private or it will just look a mess, so I have lots of products people cannot see.

It seems such an easy thing to be able to do, all they need to do is add the stores where they say set store category, they already do it for when you create, surely they could do it in the edit, oh well back to the moving, I should be finished by xmas lol

Zazzle are doing little things just to annoy me lol, like I know how many fans I have but have no idea how to find them anymore, I have looked high and low and cannot see a fan page anywhere. grrrrrrrr

Ok rant over! Grin


I think they did away with the fans/fan clubs. We have a "like" button, now.
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 2:55:35 PM
Yes!! This is a huge pain in the __! I started with one store, and now would like to have two different stores, and have about a dozen products I would like to move.

It is very sad/stupid that I need to delete and re-create these, rather than just moving them.
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:38:29 PM
Sandra Stowell wrote:
Yes!! This is a huge pain in the __! I started with one store, and now would like to have two different stores, and have about a dozen products I would like to move.

It is very sad/stupid that I need to delete and re-create these, rather than just moving them.


Recreating isn't necessary. As was mentioned in the first post: Just Customize into a new product, choosing the store you want on the Post For Sale page, and then get rid of the original. It only takes a moment.
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2019 8:43:33 PM
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
Sandra Stowell wrote:
Yes!! This is a huge pain in the __! I started with one store, and now would like to have two different stores, and have about a dozen products I would like to move.

It is very sad/stupid that I need to delete and re-create these, rather than just moving them.


Recreating isn't necessary. As was mentioned in the first post: Just Customize into a new product, choosing the store you want on the Post For Sale page, and then get rid of the original. It only takes a moment.


Unfortunately, when you have umpteen products you want to move to a different store, it takes a lot longer than a moment.
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 7:31:25 AM
That's why they created Collections. So our products could be in different stores, but still present the same.

Zazzle is less "store" and more "marketplace" than other places. As long as they are all posted for sale, they can be added to a collection to share. So you can have products from all of your stores in one collection, together.

I have a few stores. This is the easiest way to do it.
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 11:27:51 AM
RGebbiePhoto wrote:
That's why they created Collections. So our products could be in different stores, but still present the same.

Zazzle is less "store" and more "marketplace" than other places. As long as they are all posted for sale, they can be added to a collection to share. So you can have products from all of your stores in one collection, together.

I have a few stores. This is the easiest way to do it.


Me too, I only have two stores but I have many collections that have stuff from both stores and are visible in both stores.

I would never make a new product from one that has been around for a while, gotten views and possibly even sales and has an established ranking in the searches just so I could put it in a different store. when you do that you are starting all over again from scratch.

When I think of our "stores" here at Zazzle to my mind they compare more to shelves or departments in a larger store which is the marketplace. I would estimate that about 60% of my sales come from 3rd parties and most of the other 40% come from the marketplace.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded