Locate items with no assigned department
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2019 5:46:13 AM
Is there some way to search for products that have no assigned department so that I can either assign a department or delete the item.

I have some items that have no department assigned. Under Edit, Marketplace Department it says "No suggested departments found. Product(s) will be found in search only."

I also cannot search for these items in the backend by product. For example, one of these product is Puzzle Coasters. If I search for Puzzle Coasters, I get zero products.

Is there some way to search for products that have no assigned department so that I can either assign a department or delete the item.

With a 100000 items and hundreds of categories it isn't feasible to page through everything to find these items.

Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2019 8:06:53 AM
I just now tried to find your puzzle coasters but couldn’t. Have you tried searching for plain coasters? Could Zazzle have hidden them?
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2019 11:41:35 AM
Re: Puzzle Coaster

I located mine on the backend by searching "puzzle coaster"
Opening up the products page, I get the warning

"Sorry, this product is completely sold out. Notify me when it's back in stock."

I believe this means that none of the puzzle coasters appear in the market place.

RE: finding items with no department ...
would a sort by "date created" help narrow it down?
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2019 5:16:18 AM
I have tried searching on the backend for puzzle coaster, coaster, puzzle, etc. without success. One example of this item:

https://www.zazzle.com/airedale_terrier_painting_cute_original_dog_art_puzzle_coaster-256521008696311594

I also have another item (Magnetic Card) that for some reason has no department and no product name at the end of the title:
https://www.zazzle.com/airedale_terrier_painting_cute_original_dog_art-256293369671170450

For these items with no department, I can't seem to search for them in the backend. I can't seem to find either of the above items in the marketplace. I would like to delete them, but the process of doing that would probably take a day or two. And maybe I have other items without departments that I don't know of. I would think that it would benefit Zazzle to have a way to search for and edit (or delete) items that have no assigned department.
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2019 6:24:31 AM
Yes, we so need this. I have greeting cards I keep finding at random that say this. "No suggested departments found. Product(s) will be found in search only."


I try searching the backend and still miss them all. I have spent months trying to get them all back into departments so they can be found. Just when I think I have finished I will come across more at that have that warning. I used to sale greeting cards often and noticed sales going down drastically but for two years only had a phone on mobile data as access to Z so it was difficult to work on products I also had a full-time job that I often worked overtime at so my time was quite limited. Now that I have a laptop again and no job but my own POD stores I am working hard but having to always fix this problem takes time away from creating more new art and really frustrates me.
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2019 7:17:12 AM
alpendesigns wrote:
I have tried searching on the backend for puzzle coaster, coaster, puzzle, etc. without success. One example of this item:

https://www.zazzle.com/airedale_terrier_painting_cute_original_dog_art_puzzle_coaster-256521008696311594

I also have another item (Magnetic Card) that for some reason has no department and no product name at the end of the title:
https://www.zazzle.com/airedale_terrier_painting_cute_original_dog_art-256293369671170450

For these items with no department, I can't seem to search for them in the backend. I can't seem to find either of the above items in the marketplace. I would like to delete them, but the process of doing that would probably take a day or two. And maybe I have other items without departments that I don't know of. I would think that it would benefit Zazzle to have a way to search for and edit (or delete) items that have no assigned department.



Instead of searching by department, try sorting your overall backend by Last Viewed and then jumping to the last page. Since these coasters are unviewable, they should be on that last page.
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2019 10:27:01 AM
Don't they just end up in "New Products"? Which, thanks for the reminder I've got a few I forgot to put into a category and they're all in my "new products" area.
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2019 10:35:52 AM
chefcateringbizcards wrote:
Don't they just end up in "New Products"? Which, thanks for the reminder I've got a few I forgot to put into a category and they're all in my "new products" area.


No, they are all over the place. It is very difficult to find unless you randomly come across them.
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 3:35:38 AM
If someone from Zazzle is listening, can we add to the list of needed enhancements. Maybe a department for "No Department" or a Product Visibility button for "No Department" or something similar that will help us find these items and fix them. Thanks.
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:37:20 AM
alpendesigns wrote:
If someone from Zazzle is listening, can we add to the list of needed enhancements. Maybe a department for "No Department" or a Product Visibility button for "No Department" or something similar that will help us find these items and fix them. Thanks.


+1 1000% agree
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded