Help! 😱 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 7:03:03 AM
I am VERY new, just joined yesterday, and as a newbie, I never should have opened up two stores, but I did, because I wanted a regular boutique and a holiday boutique especially for holiday items! My problem isn't handling both stores, but when I posted my last handful of products, they all posted on my holiday store!!! Is there anyway I can move them to my boutique, or do I have to delete them from the holiday boutique and start over again?! And how do I keep them from posting to my holiday boutique again?!
One more thing... How do you edit your pages, or can't you?
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 7:49:37 AM
You can't move them, but don't delete them yet. Go to the product page of one of the products you want in the other store, and click on the customize button. You can the re-post it for sale. On the page where you enter the title, description, etc. you should see the place to choose which store to put it in right above the section wher you add tags. You also pick the store category there, too, and you can also make a new store category there, too. After you've posted it in the correct store, go back and delete the original in the incorrect store. Repeat for each product.
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 7:52:28 AM
Friendly tip, next time, make your topic title more specific than just a generic "help". They're a fine bunch on this forum, so help them to help you.
Smile
Oh, and welcome!
Roses
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 7:57:47 AM
Susan wrote:
I am VERY new, just joined yesterday, and as a newbie, I never should have opened up two stores, but I did, because I wanted a regular boutique and a holiday boutique especially for holiday items! My problem isn't handling both stores, but when I posted my last handful of products, they all posted on my holiday store!!! Is there anyway I can move them to my boutique, or do I have to delete them from the holiday boutique and start over again?! And how do I keep them from posting to my holiday boutique again?!
One more thing... How do you edit your pages, or can't you?


You'll need to open the products, list for sale, and in the category area, choose the store you want them to go to.

But you should do 2 things first.

1, you should check where you pick up your images from. You are using images that I found easily on the internet, which means that chance is they are not your images, and you probably don't have permission to use them. This can cause problems, like your store being taken down and you could be sued by the artist up to $10K per infraction. So always be sure to use your own artwork.

2, you should read the stickied thread in Create: https://forum.zazzle.com/create/why_tag_spam_hurts

You need some serious work on your descriptions and keywords. That thread should help you determine what good and bad keywording is.

You might also want to read through this: https://forum.zazzle.com/new/top_ten_mistakes_revisited

Read the forums any time you can, there is a LOT of information here! Good luck!
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 10:04:07 AM
I'd just like to know how you got that emoticon in your subject line.
Happy
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 12:45:00 PM
It is quite terrifying and greatly upset me that Zazzle allows people like this to open a store.
Clearly her images are stolen and not hers.
She also uses Apple IPhone emoticons. Apple will love to hear about this.
They will sue you.
I wish Zazzle was only for creators. Not art thiefs.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 4:46:31 AM
SucculentPropagation wrote:
It is quite terrifying and greatly upset me that Zazzle allows people like this to open a store.
Clearly her images are stolen and not hers.
She also uses Apple IPhone emoticons. Apple will love to hear about this.
They will sue you.
I wish Zazzle was only for creators. Not art thiefs.


There is no reason to be rude, Mariah (and it's against the forum rules). You passed up a teaching moment, and instead chose to be nasty. Not cool.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 7:13:00 AM
Maybe she didn't know about royalty rights. Explain it to her, don't judge and be spiteful. You don't know the whole story SucculentPropagation. We need less aggression in this world.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 7:22:59 AM
cabgodfrey77 wrote:
Maybe she didn't know about royalty rights.


Not many do

cabgodfrey77 wrote:
Explain it to her, don't judge and be spiteful. You don't know the whole story SucculentPropagation. We need less aggression in this world.


+1
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 9:13:19 AM
Some of the images she has are from free clip art sites and are not illegal at all. Mariah, we have already heard your opinion on public domain and know you hate it and consider it stolen art but you are wrong about that and I totally agree with Maz, you don't have to be nasty. But you seem to love to jump on every chance you get to accuse others of being thieves.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:09:00 AM
Maz wrote:
SucculentPropagation wrote:
It is quite terrifying and greatly upset me that Zazzle allows people like this to open a store.
Clearly her images are stolen and not hers.
She also uses Apple IPhone emoticons. Apple will love to hear about this.
They will sue you.
I wish Zazzle was only for creators. Not art thiefs.


There is no reason to be rude, Mariah (and it's against the forum rules). You passed up a teaching moment, and instead chose to be nasty. Not cool.


Yep, rules were broken with that comment.
Here are the forum rules for those that have not read them.

I really wanted to post a link to Christine's thread about how to post and how to treat others but, thanks to the forum runtime error, I can't do a search for the thread. Perhaps Christine will see this and post some sort of reminder.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:09:32 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Some of the images she has are from free clip art sites and are not illegal at all. Mariah, we have already heard your opinion on public domain and know you hate it and consider it stolen art but you are wrong about that and I totally agree with Maz, you don't have to be nasty. But you seem to love to jump on every chance you get to accuse others of being thieves.


+1!
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:37:27 AM
Dementees wrote:
I'd just like to know how you got that emoticon in your subject line.
Happy


You might have missed it but the forums support emojis now. I would love to find that thread for you but run time errors... sigh!

but here are a couple from Windows 10...πŸ˜ŽπŸ€“
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:50:06 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Dementees wrote:
I'd just like to know how you got that emoticon in your subject line.
Happy


You might have missed it but the forums support emojis now. I would love to find that thread for you but run time errors... sigh!

but here are a couple from Windows 10...πŸ˜ŽπŸ€“


Here it is: https://forum.zazzle.com/misc/forum_supports_all_sorts_of_emojis_nowπŸ€“
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:58:06 AM
Susan, please don't allow that single post to put you off. We're generally a very friendly, helpful bunch.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 12:09:20 PM
Colorwash wrote:
Susan, please don't allow that single post to put you off. We're generally a very friendly, helpful bunch.


She no longer has any products in either of her two stores. Zazzle may have received violation reports and removed them or perhaps she just removed them herself due to this thread. I reckon she won't be back in here and that is a shame. She will be missing out on learning how to Zazzle and she seemed so excited, and eager, to be here.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 12:10:19 PM
Susan, hang in there. I agree with colorwash and the others, there are many folks here to help and great tips and pointers given to help over that learning curve.

We are all learning and growing with our stores. Welcome.Roses
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 12:38:56 PM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Dementees wrote:
I'd just like to know how you got that emoticon in your subject line.
Happy


You might have missed it but the forums support emojis now. I would love to find that thread for you but run time errors... sigh!

but here are a couple from Windows 10...πŸ˜ŽπŸ€“


Here it is: https://forum.zazzle.com/misc/forum_supports_all_sorts_of_emojis_nowπŸ€“


ty!
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 12:45:49 PM
I just left her an encouraging comment on her main store, in case she never comes back to the forums.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 8:58:00 PM
First, and foremost, I need to thank all of you who stood up for me, I did take it to heart, I'm not very thick skinned, so it hurt! I'm ok with constructive criticism, but not hateful criticism. And I definitely steer clear of conflicts.
I deleted everything from my stores right after I read her reply, because of her hurtful, rude comments. I am not a thief, I am still learning, and very unsure about a lot of things, but I'd never steal knowingly, so I just deleted everything, including those I did make myself (because I really wasn't planning on coming back). I think only a couple were directly from a Google engine search, but other than the few I did make on my own, I took from FREE clip art sites, and my thing is I take bland art and put my own creative touch to it, usually wording to make it different, or I'll recreate it to be more unique. I do a lot of my own art too, but I'm not as "artsy" as a lot of people, so I improvise. I also use a lot of items from my photo/art editing site I use, they have a lot of cute, free, things to use there, and that's where I edit everything I get!! I don't ever want to hurt anyone, but it hurt me when she just jumped my throat, so I wasn't going to come back, but something told me to recheck my forum post, and I saw all your wonderful, Friendly replies that reminded me there are more good than mean people, so I will start creating again. I also looked through other forum pages, and saw that, as long as its a free clipart/picture, its allowed. From now on, I'll watch what I take, and my tags πŸ˜‰ I definitely need to work on my tags, that's a huge weakness I have that I'll absolutely put way more work into! I figure I'll just steer clear of her, and let it roll off my back. And thank you all again!! I regained my trust. I love art, and always wanted to do something like this, but I never knew where to start, and I'll be honest, I need to get my inspiration from things sometimes, but I assure you, I will never steal on purpose, and please, if any of you notice something I don't and it doesn't look right, please let me know!! I'd rather know and be able to fix it, than not know and get in trouble!! 😊😊

Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 9:11:37 PM
Susan, so glad you came back and posted. I have only had my store for 2 years and it is only now that I am getting more serious and putting time into it. The help I've received on the forums has been wonderful (and still is).

You will find your own groove & niche as you put time in, adding/deleting and revamping as the weeks & months go by.

Looking at what others have in their store is helpful as well ~ to see how their title, use of descriptions and tags. As well as seeing what collections/products they create. I am still learning.

Blessings,

Maria

Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:24:57 PM
Susan, glad you're back.

Another hint is to google every idea you have. You can steer clear of trademarks and copyrights easier if you do a little bit of searching on your own first.

Even if you come up with an "original idea", check for it. You'd be surprised Smile

If you have questions, this is the place for them. Better to measure twice and cut once And if you run up on an issue, we'll do our best to discuss it out with you.
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 2:58:55 AM
The best way for most people is to use your own art and/or photos. Some clip art or free sites are using images they should not be, so it isn't easy to know what is ok and what isn't. You can also read up on copyright, to find out more, so you don't get into trouble. Here's the link to the official site.
https://www.copyright.gov/

Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 3:36:53 AM
Susan, I use some of my own creations, some photos taken by a friend (with her permission) and a lot of vintage images. But, like you, I do a lot of editing on them. I sometimes do so much editing that what I end up with is nothing like the original. The original is more of an inspiration point than something I actually use. The problem with so many of the vintage images and free for commercial use art, is that so many other people have access to them. If you don't edit them, you end with the same thing as someone else. Vintage images too are often blurry with indistinct edges. I sometimes spend days re-creating a vintage image to clean it up and enhance the colors. Anyway, what I really wanted to impress on you is to go ahead and use those free for commercial use images, but be aware that a lot of others are using them too. Use them, but add your own unique touches, combine them with other images, make some changes so they are uniquely your own.
Best of luck to you.
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 4:00:07 AM
Glad you came back!
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 4:03:33 AM
Welcome back!

The vintage images randysgrandma mentioned can also be a problem. I ran into it myself with fine art when I simply mentioned Dali in one of my tags. I knew not to use his art, but I didn't know to also not use a tag such as "Dali-inspired." We can't even speak his name. I would have been safer with Moses, but not Grandma Moses. :-)
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 4:27:02 AM
Laughing
Colorwash wrote:
Welcome back!

The vintage images randysgrandma mentioned can also be a problem. I ran into it myself with fine art when I simply mentioned Dali in one of my tags. I knew not to use his art, but I didn't know to also not use a tag such as "Dali-inspired." We can't even speak his name. I would have been safer with Moses, but not Grandma Moses. :-)
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 4:28:22 AM
Susan, Welcome back! So glad to see you didn't let one thoughtless person chase you away! There is a comment from me on your main store wall that you can delete now if you want to.
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:28:55 AM
It's good to see you have returned! Use the forums to learn all that you can and you will do well!
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 8:40:27 AM
Welcome back, Susan!

Check out this thread from the New to Zazzle forum https://forum.zazzle.com/new/top_ten_mistakes_revisited
One shopkeeper, with the help of others, is revising a previous thread concerning the top ten mistakes that shopkeepers make. It's several pages, the revision is nearly completed, and you can learn from it. We were all newbies once, we have all made mistakes, and we all need help at one time or another.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded