Design Tranfer Disabled but transfers still happening
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:17:19 AM
I turned off Design Transfer a couple weeks ago. But today I just had a sale of a transferred image. I went back into my store settings and double-checked that the Design Transfer box is not checked. So what's wrong? Does it not take effect for some period of time or time of month?
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:22:25 AM
ForestStudios wrote:
I turned off Design Transfer a couple weeks ago. But today I just had a sale of a transferred image. I went back into my store settings and double-checked that the Design Transfer box is not checked. So what's wrong? Does it not take effect for some period of time or time of month?


Perhaps the customer transferred a design and placed the product in their cart, before your turned it off and only just returned to continue through with the purchase *shrugs* Just tossing that idea out there.
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:27:40 AM
ForestStudios wrote:
I turned off Design Transfer a couple weeks ago. But today I just had a sale of a transferred image. I went back into my store settings and double-checked that the Design Transfer box is not checked. So what's wrong? Does it not take effect for some period of time or time of month?


is the product a business card? I ask because there seems to be some weird thing happening with "profile cards". I got one yesterday 'zazzle_businesscard Transferred to: zazzle_profilecard' which makes no sense to me.
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:55:00 AM
Jerry Lambert wrote:
ForestStudios wrote:
I turned off Design Transfer a couple weeks ago. But today I just had a sale of a transferred image. I went back into my store settings and double-checked that the Design Transfer box is not checked. So what's wrong? Does it not take effect for some period of time or time of month?


is the product a business card? I ask because there seems to be some weird thing happening with "profile cards". I got one yesterday 'zazzle_businesscard Transferred to: zazzle_profilecard' which makes no sense to me.


It just says transfered from "zazzle_sticker" to "zazzle_card" so not sure what kind of card that is.
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 12:01:38 PM
I didn't know there was such an option, where do in the store settings do I find it?
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 12:22:44 PM
I just tried it with one your Phone Cases (a chicken something), and it gave me the option to transfer.
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 1:22:28 PM
Pixel Paint Graphics wrote:
I didn't know there was such an option, where do in the store settings do I find it?


Store>Settings>Advanced Settings

Scroll down until you see "Design Transfer" and tick the box to Disable/Enable it.
Scroll down to SUBMIT.
The "Design Transfer" section is below the "Design Migration" section

It is store based, Not account based, so has to be done in each store if you have more than one
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 1:25:13 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
I just tried it with one your Phone Cases (a chicken something), and it gave me the option to transfer.


Same here. OP, please don't take offense to this question, but have you by chance confused Migration and Transfer? The decision to Enable or Disable takes places immediately upon selection and then Submitting.
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 3:22:02 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
I just tried it with one your Phone Cases (a chicken something), and it gave me the option to transfer.


Same here. OP, please don't take offense to this question, but have you by chance confused Migration and Transfer? The decision to Enable or Disable takes places immediately upon selection and then Submitting.


I have disabled Design Transfer. Isn't that the one I want to disable to prevent shoppers from putting my designs on other products? Or is it Migration?
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 3:45:11 PM
Hi ForestStudios, do you remember the exact date that you turned off enable transfer on by any chance? I'll see if we can find out what's going on Smile
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 3:50:30 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Pixel Paint Graphics wrote:
I didn't know there was such an option, where do in the store settings do I find it?


Store>Settings>Advanced Settings

Scroll down until you see "Design Transfer" and tick the box to Disable/Enable it.
Scroll down to SUBMIT.
The "Design Transfer" section is below the "Design Migration" section

It is store based, Not account based, so has to be done in each store if you have more than one

Thanks
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 4:02:15 PM
ForestStudios wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
I just tried it with one your Phone Cases (a chicken something), and it gave me the option to transfer.


Same here. OP, please don't take offense to this question, but have you by chance confused Migration and Transfer? The decision to Enable or Disable takes places immediately upon selection and then Submitting.


I have disabled Design Transfer. Isn't that the one I want to disable to prevent shoppers from putting my designs on other products? Or is it Migration?


You picked the right one. Transfer is for customer use, plus we have access to the option in our admin area.
Migration is for Z to use if a new product fits specs of older ones.
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 4:02:33 PM
Pixel Paint Graphics wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Pixel Paint Graphics wrote:
I didn't know there was such an option, where do in the store settings do I find it?


Store>Settings>Advanced Settings

Scroll down until you see "Design Transfer" and tick the box to Disable/Enable it.
Scroll down to SUBMIT.
The "Design Transfer" section is below the "Design Migration" section

It is store based, Not account based, so has to be done in each store if you have more than one

Thanks


You're welcome
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 4:56:11 PM
Aisling wrote:
Hi ForestStudios, do you remember the exact date that you turned off enable transfer on by any chance? I'll see if we can find out what's going on Smile


Sorry, I don't remember. I'd say it's been at least a week since I turned it off (for my ForestWildlifeArt store).
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 5:09:36 PM
ForestStudios wrote:
Aisling wrote:
Hi ForestStudios, do you remember the exact date that you turned off enable transfer on by any chance? I'll see if we can find out what's going on Smile


Sorry, I don't remember. I'd say it's been at least a week since I turned it off (for my ForestWildlifeArt store).


I just checked and it doesn't appear to be enabled

Perhaps my "theory" is correct...Is Z able to see when the purchased product was placed in the cart? Or perhaps Z could tell if the customer had worked on, and then saved, the product many days ahead of making the purchase. If neither are on point, it would be nice then to know if there is a delay in enabling/disabling.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded