Backgrounds on create product - where do they come from?
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:21:03 AM
Where do these backgrounds come from? Can anyone submit backgrounds to be included?
I cant find any details on this.
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:29:10 AM
ajo wrote:
Where do these backgrounds come from? Can anyone submit backgrounds to be included?
I cant find any details on this.


Certain designers are supplying them. I believe you have to apply for a shot at it. But before you do, you may want to search the forums and see how other designers are feeling about it. Not too many are happy about it!
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 11:35:18 PM
Can we as designers use these backgrounds?
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 3:15:17 AM
Myhorsegatsby wrote:
Can we as designers use these backgrounds?


Only on products you intend to purchase. Just like Icons, they can't be used to sell.
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 11:03:11 AM
Thank you!
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 2:02:52 PM
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
ajo wrote:
Where do these backgrounds come from? Can anyone submit backgrounds to be included?
I cant find any details on this.


Certain designers are supplying them. I believe you have to apply for a shot at it. But before you do, you may want to search the forums and see how other designers are feeling about it. Not too many are happy about it!


Don't let unhappy people determine what kind of products and services you want to offer; unhappy people on the forums is almost a hobby for some at this point. The fact is that Zazzle wants to offer these things and more to customers and they will because their customers want it, and if you're interested in providing them, you'll be given an opportunity to do so after whatever beta testing they need done is accomplished. Typically you have to be invited to get in on their beta groups.

Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 2:05:48 PM
I wouldn't mind doing it, but only if my backgrounds didn't earn their royalty by taking a bite out of the original designer's royalty. That's the sticking point for me.
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 9:24:47 PM
MARGARET CHAYKA chefcateringbizcards wrote:
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
ajo wrote:
Where do these backgrounds come from? Can anyone submit backgrounds to be included?
I cant find any details on this.


Certain designers are supplying them. I believe you have to apply for a shot at it. But before you do, you may want to search the forums and see how other designers are feeling about it. Not too many are happy about it!


Don't let unhappy people determine what kind of products and services you want to offer; unhappy people on the forums is almost a hobby for some at this point. The fact is that Zazzle wants to offer these things and more to customers and they will because their customers want it, and if you're interested in providing them, you'll be given an opportunity to do so after whatever beta testing they need done is accomplished. Typically you have to be invited to get in on their beta groups.



So, are you happy about paying for the secondary content?

I am not unhappy about the backgrounds themselves or that Zazzle wants to offer them or if customers want them... it is the payment plan. Yes I am very unhappy about having to pay for the backgrounds out of my royalty and having no choice to opt out.

But I am happy for you that you seem to be okay with being forced to pay for extras that should be paid for by Zazzle or the customer.

eta: I don't recall ever hearing that these new things are beta tests. I hope they are and that they are short lived, but I kind of doubt it.




Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 11:41:41 PM
MARGARET CHAYKA chefcateringbizcards wrote:
The fact is that Zazzle wants to offer these things and more to customers and they will because their customers want it...

...and their designers pay for it.

If the customers want it, the customers should pay for it. That is the universal formula.
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 10:14:42 AM
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
MARGARET CHAYKA chefcateringbizcards wrote:
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
ajo wrote:
Where do these backgrounds come from? Can anyone submit backgrounds to be included?
I cant find any details on this.


Certain designers are supplying them. I believe you have to apply for a shot at it. But before you do, you may want to search the forums and see how other designers are feeling about it. Not too many are happy about it!


Don't let unhappy people determine what kind of products and services you want to offer; unhappy people on the forums is almost a hobby for some at this point. The fact is that Zazzle wants to offer these things and more to customers and they will because their customers want it, and if you're interested in providing them, you'll be given an opportunity to do so after whatever beta testing they need done is accomplished. Typically you have to be invited to get in on their beta groups.



So, are you happy about paying for the secondary content?

I am not unhappy about the backgrounds themselves or that Zazzle wants to offer them or if customers want them... it is the payment plan. Yes I am very unhappy about having to pay for the backgrounds out of my royalty and having no choice to opt out.

But I am happy for you that you seem to be okay with being forced to pay for extras that should be paid for by Zazzle or the customer.

eta: I don't recall ever hearing that these new things are beta tests. I hope they are and that they are short lived, but I kind of doubt it.



Being happy or unhappy about change is irrelevant; Zazzle's making changes again, and once the resulting mess normalizes you'll have the opportunity to participate and continue to make money that you wouldn't have if you didn't have a store here, or you can close your stores. These have always been the only options.
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 10:26:23 AM
MARGARET CHAYKA chefcateringbizcards wrote:
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
MARGARET CHAYKA chefcateringbizcards wrote:
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
ajo wrote:
Where do these backgrounds come from? Can anyone submit backgrounds to be included?
I cant find any details on this.


Certain designers are supplying them. I believe you have to apply for a shot at it. But before you do, you may want to search the forums and see how other designers are feeling about it. Not too many are happy about it!


Don't let unhappy people determine what kind of products and services you want to offer; unhappy people on the forums is almost a hobby for some at this point. The fact is that Zazzle wants to offer these things and more to customers and they will because their customers want it, and if you're interested in providing them, you'll be given an opportunity to do so after whatever beta testing they need done is accomplished. Typically you have to be invited to get in on their beta groups.



So, are you happy about paying for the secondary content?

I am not unhappy about the backgrounds themselves or that Zazzle wants to offer them or if customers want them... it is the payment plan. Yes I am very unhappy about having to pay for the backgrounds out of my royalty and having no choice to opt out.

But I am happy for you that you seem to be okay with being forced to pay for extras that should be paid for by Zazzle or the customer.

eta: I don't recall ever hearing that these new things are beta tests. I hope they are and that they are short lived, but I kind of doubt it.



Being happy or unhappy about change is irrelevant; Zazzle's making changes again, and once the resulting mess normalizes you'll have the opportunity to participate and continue to make money that you wouldn't have if you didn't have a store here, or you can close your stores. These have always been the only options.


Well there is a feedback forum where you can make your voice heard and even though it is ever so rare, they have been known to make a change here or there based on the feedback. So there is another choice besides just sitting back and taking it or leaving.

ETA: not speaking up is not always the best option...it compares to not voting IMO.
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 10:35:20 AM
MARGARET CHAYKA chefcateringbizcards wrote:
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
ajo wrote:
Where do these backgrounds come from? Can anyone submit backgrounds to be included?
I cant find any details on this.


Certain designers are supplying them. I believe you have to apply for a shot at it. But before you do, you may want to search the forums and see how other designers are feeling about it. Not too many are happy about it!


Don't let unhappy people determine what kind of products and services you want to offer; unhappy people on the forums is almost a hobby for some at this point. The fact is that Zazzle wants to offer these things and more to customers and they will because their customers want it, and if you're interested in providing them, you'll be given an opportunity to do so after whatever beta testing they need done is accomplished. Typically you have to be invited to get in on their beta groups.



Well dont't group me into who you deem the Unhappy People. I am not affected by the service. I was just pointing out to him to search the forums on the subject.

Colorwash wrote:
I wouldn't mind doing it, but only if my backgrounds didn't earn their royalty by taking a bite out of the original designer's royalty. That's the sticking point for me.


Exactly! The royalty share is the issue. Not wanting to share royalties, whether you don't want to share yours or you don't want to take from others, doesn't mean one is unhappy, it just means there are concerns with the service.

Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 10:36:43 AM
Jerry wrote:
MARGARET CHAYKA chefcateringbizcards wrote:
The fact is that Zazzle wants to offer these things and more to customers and they will because their customers want it...

...and their designers pay for it.

If the customers want it, the customers should pay for it. That is the universal formula.


THIS!! A million times THIS!!
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 3:08:14 PM
This from the last post to our designer store news section...

Quote:
We're growing and evolving and, as such, our policies are evolving too. As an ongoing commitment to your satisfaction with all things Zazzle,


Maybe I need to clarify and say I am dissatisfied with certain things about Zazzle. Unhappy... not satisfied, same difference according to my dictionary.



Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2020 7:53:52 AM
MARGARET CHAYKA chefcateringbizcards wrote:
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
ajo wrote:
Where do these backgrounds come from? Can anyone submit backgrounds to be included?
I cant find any details on this.


Certain designers are supplying them. I believe you have to apply for a shot at it. But before you do, you may want to search the forums and see how other designers are feeling about it. Not too many are happy about it!


Don't let unhappy people determine what kind of products and services you want to offer; unhappy people on the forums is almost a hobby for some at this point. The fact is that Zazzle wants to offer these things and more to customers and they will because their customers want it, and if you're interested in providing them, you'll be given an opportunity to do so after whatever beta testing they need done is accomplished. Typically you have to be invited to get in on their beta groups.


It's also about your own ethics, because it's like blocking the road and making people pay to get through, or they have to take a different road and be late for work and lose their job. Because we all know that most designers are are not in the position to delete years of hard work because they need the money.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded