Zazzlers and Amazon design theft 44 pages: First ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Last
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:27:10 AM
Thank you Bluestar!!
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:02:53 PM
It is technically possible for Amazon to prevent this abuse. The Internet Watch Foundation has a method for preventing the upload of child abuse images.
Amazon could do the same for items removed because of a DMCA takedown request.
Here's the article on the BBC's website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33844124?post_id=10207815354408245_10209637091870543
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 4:31:36 PM
Here's one, found some of mine there.
https://www.amazon.com/s?marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=ATIIFVHHG3QYR&merchant=ATIIFVHHG3QYR&redirect=true
Says "just launched" and there's already over 4,400 products...

Anyone recognize this one "Dance Chick"
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DF3WWRW?m=ATIIFVHHG3QYR&ref_=v_sp_detail_page
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 2:06:45 AM
nordicpeek wrote:
We're all working on other things to take the thieves down, but we won't talk about that here, but over at the private place.

Well some of us dont know where that "private place" is and that is why we come to the forum for support. I think it is important that at this time we stand together since we are ALL being affected. Where is the "private place"?
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 2:15:23 AM
TrailsThroughNature2 wrote:

You are Awesome FlyingTheFlag. You have brought a "happy spark" in my heart, about this issue. Hope you have a pleasant week Smile

Glad you felt a little better... sorry that we cant just take down these scumbags today. LOL But im confident that this will get resolved and i think that we are in for a "surprise". I dont think that this can be resolved without involving the law. Amazon is acting unethically. Perhaps we should start placing reviews on Better business Bureau etc... but apparently is all been discused on "the private place".. wherever that is ha ha
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 2:53:47 AM
00Temp00 wrote:
Here's one, found some of mine there.
https://www.amazon.com/s?marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=ATIIFVHHG3QYR&merchant=ATIIFVHHG3QYR&redirect=true
Says "just launched" and there's already over 4,400 products...

The seller calls himself/herself Backstore and, no doubt, believes that mixing up the titles given to his/her offerings will make it impossible for Zazzlers to find their stolen images.

Yo! Backstore! I have superhuman powers. I am busy contacting the artists you ripped off. I am going to burn your store to the ground. It will not be the first.Laughing
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 2:57:15 AM
I'm guessing the so-called "Private Place" referred to is a Facebook group who's name I cannot remember at this moment. I know there are links to it in at least one of the threads about this issue.

If not, or if an actual private private place is needed for this, I can arrange one. People seemed to like Facebook because they're already there. I've been avoiding Facebook mostly, so I haven't kept up with the group.

I still think we need to start a mass letter writing campaign to all of our State Attorneys General. Why? Because:

a) It is their job. They are supposed to be the enforcers of copyright and trademark law.

b) Unless they're corrupt and have been bought out by Amazon or whoever, they have no stake in this other than that it's their job, and no reason not to look at the situation objectively and apply the law to it.

c) They are elected officials. If enough of their constituents are upset about something, or feel they are being wronged and the law not enforced, this is a direct threat to their job security. They want to be seen as strong enforcers of the law, and on the side of the people and justice. And they want your vote.

A single letter probably wouldn't be enough to break through the barrage of things they are contacted about. But, if they started to see a pattern of repeat letters from multiple people, referring to the thousands of other American citizens being affected also, I think they would at least look into it.

The biggest difference between contacting the States Attorney General and a regular lawyer who specialized in this kind of thing, is that they don't get paid for winning cases. Most lawyers who have looked have this have included there isn't enough money involved for it to be profitable to them. The Attorney General gets a salary from the government and is tasked with going after law-breakers and defending citizens from unethical entities. Taking on the evil giant Amazon (even if they lost) might be very good for their image and popularity. They are most likely more concerned with how many people it affects and how the public views it, rather than whether it's only millions instead of billions.

I think the law is on our side and we need a champion who is not concerned only with lining his pockets. I know the petition to Amazon got a lot of signatures, just not enough to make Amazon give a dang. If we could gather the same numbers and start hitting all the State Attorneys I bet at least a couple of them would take interest. If they did, that gives us further incentives to try to get the rest. And if Amazon starts feeling that kind of judicial fire power coming at them, maybe they'd decide it will cost them more time and trouble NOT to deal with this.

It seems obvious Z isn't going to help with this, though I don't know why. It seems abundantly clear Amazon is going to avoid dealing with the problem for just as long as they possibly can. The law is on our side, so maybe we need to start getting the law on our side.
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 3:17:17 AM
UROCKDezineZone wrote:
I'm guessing the so-called "Private Place" referred to is a Facebook group who's name I cannot remember at this moment. I know there are links to it in at least one of the threads about this issue.

If not, or if an actual private private place is needed for this, I can arrange one. People seemed to like Facebook because they're already there. I've been avoiding Facebook mostly, so I haven't kept up with the group.

I still think we need to start a mass letter writing campaign to all of our State Attorneys General. Why? Because:

a) It is their job. They are supposed to be the enforcers of copyright and trademark law.

b) Unless they're corrupt and have been bought out by Amazon or whoever, they have no stake in this other than that it's their job, and no reason not to look at the situation objectively and apply the law to it.

c) They are elected officials. If enough of their constituents are upset about something, or feel they are being wronged and the law not enforced, this is a direct threat to their job security. They want to be seen as strong enforcers of the law, and on the side of the people and justice. And they want your vote.

A single letter probably wouldn't be enough to break through the barrage of things they are contacted about. But, if they started to see a pattern of repeat letters from multiple people, referring to the thousands of other American citizens being affected also, I think they would at least look into it.

The biggest difference between contacting the States Attorney General and a regular lawyer who specialized in this kind of thing, is that they don't get paid for winning cases. Most lawyers who have looked have this have included there isn't enough money involved for it to be profitable to them. The Attorney General gets a salary from the government and is tasked with going after law-breakers and defending citizens from unethical entities. Taking on the evil giant Amazon (even if they lost) might be very good for their image and popularity. They are most likely more concerned with how many people it affects and how the public views it, rather than whether it's only millions instead of billions.

I think the law is on our side and we need a champion who is not concerned only with lining his pockets. I know the petition to Amazon got a lot of signatures, just not enough to make Amazon give a dang. If we could gather the same numbers and start hitting all the State Attorneys I bet at least a couple of them would take interest. If they did, that gives us further incentives to try to get the rest. And if Amazon starts feeling that kind of judicial fire power coming at them, maybe they'd decide it will cost them more time and trouble NOT to deal with this.

It seems obvious Z isn't going to help with this, though I don't know why. It seems abundantly clear Amazon is going to avoid dealing with the problem for just as long as they possibly can. The law is on our side, so maybe we need to start getting the law on our side.

I dont use Facebook and i believe neither a lot of other people on here... so seems pointless to have a "private place" where not everyone can access.

I totally agree with you. We need to start acting and using the law. Exposing both Amazon's attitude and the problems we face with these thieves is important too... i know a lot of buyers dont give a * as long as they can buy cheap... but in this case the quality is terrible.

Writting to Attorneys General is the way to go. Also i think we should find a lawyer to represent us. Im sure there will be someone interested in representing us. There is no doubt that they would get eventually paid since the copyright is clearly ours.

I also think that Zazzle needs to step up and start helping us on a practical level. I understand why they wouldnt want to get involved in terms of the courts, but it is about time that Zazzle starts supporting their SK by implementing something that would make copying our work more difficult.

Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 3:45:04 AM
TrailsThroughNature2 wrote:
Hey "Guests" visiting this post, Are you learning much?
We are gonna get ya thieves! ....
Photo/artwork thieves are gonna go dowwwwnnnn ;}

ha ha i think their Gravy Train will be coming to an halt shortly and they are getting desperate. Not to worry, they WILL be exposed. Just a matter of "When", not "If".
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 3:53:05 AM
Anyone know how to contact this SK? http://www.zazzle.com/geminimg

Much of his work appears at the "just launched" link provided by 00Temp00

I don't want to leave a public comment on his Zazzle store.
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 5:13:30 AM
Yes, the private place is facebook. But if you are all pro sellers, it might help to start a link in one of those forums. From the tactics I see from the creepy sellers this morning, I think they are reading on here. I see a "guest" reading right now, but that could be anyone. Although a lot more guests are watching lately. If they aren't pro sellers, they can't read here.

I suggested everyone contact places like Dateline and 60 minutes to see if we can get them to investigate and air this problem. This is of interest consumer as well, so that is right up the alley of what investigative news people do. Both places have a facebook page, where you can contact them. I did, will you? We have to try new and all things here.

ZAZZLE, you need to do something about this. All 25 pillows taken by these creeps have been right clicked from right here at my zazzle store, title and all. Watermarks removed. NOW AT LEAST ADDRESS THIS ISSUE PLEASE! I think you owe us that much. I am so close to just setting everything in my store to hidden until this problem is resolved.
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 5:33:05 AM
Like somene before said, i have the same problem and im not able to write reviews on Amazon without buying stuff, but i will help by tracking the thieves down.

Here are pillows (arent mine but "i feel the pain") that seem popular with the thieves... they have re-uploaded elsewhere, and need some more 1 star reviews

http://www.amazon.com/Alaska-Mermaid-Cathy-Fantasy-Pillow/dp/B01EN6ZY70/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1461329590&sr=8-17&keywords=cathy+peek+pillows
http://www.amazon.com/Alaska-Mermaid-Cathy-Fantasy-Pillow/dp/B01EN5YC3I/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1461330833&sr=8-20&keywords=cathy+peek+pillows
http://www.amazon.com/Alaska-Mermaid-Cathy-Fantasy-PillowCase/dp/B01EMWX49A/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1461330872&sr=8-21&keywords=cathy+peek+pillows
http://www.amazon.com/Alligator-Lighthouse-Nautical-Cathy-Pillow/dp/B01ENGU0PQ/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1461330939&sr=8-13&keywords=cathy+peek+pillows

These ones are mine and Amazon is refusing to take it down. I would be grateful if you could place 1 star reviews. Thank you in advance. I will help by chasing these scumbags and placing the urls on here.

http://www.amazon.com/AHArtSaleStore-Decoration-Cushion-18-inch/dp/B01D8KNTWO/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1461331085&sr=8-20&keywords=movie+camera+pillow
http://www.amazon.com/Levionlinesale-No-3114-Camera-18-Cushion/dp/B01D5L8YNK/ref=sr_1_36?ie=UTF8&qid=1461331256&sr=8-36&keywords=movie+camera+pillow
http://www.amazon.com/ArtoutletMF-Decorative-Cushion-supernatural-18/dp/B0171DNVO0/ref=sr_1_47?ie=UTF8&qid=1461331302&sr=8-47&keywords=movie+camera+pillow
http://www.amazon.com/KSD-Personalized-Customized-Japanese-WATCH/dp/B01CCGKZQI/ref=sr_1_12?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1461331849&sr=1-12&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=boxing+gloves+watch

Thank you. Happy
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 6:11:51 AM
I was able to leave 8 out of 9 reviews this morning. They seem to take them if you are careful in the wording.

The top you left is all my art. Thankyou, and thankyou for anyone leaving reviews. This is the growing list this morning. I set all my pillow to hidden, but they somehow picked up a couple more, right clicked a google image perhaps. Insane and maddening. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cathy+peek

I will go through you list now and leave reviews flyingtheflag
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 6:16:15 AM
nordicpeek wrote:
I was able to leave 8 out of 9 reviews this morning. They seem to take them if you are careful in the wording.

The top you left is all my art. Thankyou, and thankyou for anyone leaving reviews. This is the growing list this morning. I set all my pillow to hidden, but they somehow picked up a couple more, right clicked a google image perhaps. Insane and maddening. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cathy+peek

I will go through you list now and leave reviews flyingtheflag

Thank you, much appreciated! I will keep an eye in tracking these scumbags down... im still unable to post reviews >Sad But i will help in what i can
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 6:48:17 AM
flyingtheflag, I left you reviews on all your stolen items, but just got emails saying they can't be posted. Wonderful, block the victims and protect the thieves. I will never buy anything from Amazon again, EVER!
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 6:54:27 AM
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 7:57:12 AM
flyingtheflag, I have tried to leave feedback on all of yours, and all have been rejected. I hope Amazon hasn't blocked us on that front now. This is beyond insane, and I am going insane over it, lol.
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 9:50:50 AM
I'm so glad that I found out about this forum. I was just informed about a few of my pillows being sold on Amazon. I tried to leave reviews on Amazon but they were rejected. I will be checking back here to see how things are going for the rest of you.
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 10:04:03 AM
Yes Jennette, I just found 4 more of my items listed, they are taking electronics now. And as of today, it's a lot harder and trickier to leave reviews.

At this point, I am almost sure they are reading this board. Sadly, Amazon protects them more then the artist or worse, the consumer. The harder we fight them, the harder they hit back, so it seems.

Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 10:18:36 AM
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 10:20:48 AM
I just had a few violations pointed out to me by a user here. Thank you so much. Ironically, the products at Zazzle are very low traffic items, but the violation is the same.

Anyway I had a brief thought that some app developer or coding wizard might come up with an application that we as sellers could use periodically to just bulk search from our own images to find duplicates through Google (?) search to find duplicate images. Google does do a duplicate image search, no?

Viewing just one Amazon site hosting violations, many , maybe all of the images were identical to Zazzle's models, etc.
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 10:22:57 AM
There was a link posted to a RedBubble forum. It might be easier to find if the thread title were spelled correctly :-)
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 10:30:43 AM
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 11:09:09 AM
nordicpeek wrote:
flyingtheflag, I have tried to leave feedback on all of yours, and all have been rejected. I hope Amazon hasn't blocked us on that front now. This is beyond insane, and I am going insane over it, lol.

Thank you! i did see your previous comment but i was unable to post on here for hours... It appears that at least one of my lisbon pillows has a 1 star review but the text of the actual review does not appear... so the costumer doesnt actually know the reason... the plot thickens. Amazon is acting very shaddy - which is all in our favour. Why ban 1 star reviews from the people who own the copyright?
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 11:19:28 AM
Another prolific thief. This one has quite a few of my photos... i have recognised other zazzle designs

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_dp_s_web_0?ie=UTF8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=CuVEee
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 11:57:29 AM
I noticed that too flyingtheflag. I see several more 1 star review, but they cannot be read. At least the 1 stars are being allowed, that's got to help us some, I would think.

There are getting to be too many stores and sellers to list. Mine are back in multiples at at least 8 new stores today. I think I made them mad, they're firing back hard.

And I see the guest down there reading too, as we see often these days. If that is you little thief, hello, I see you, lol! If not, hello to a nice innocent person, sorry you have to read this.
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 12:02:58 PM
And to the guest, if you are a customer, please know that everything you find here on Zazzle is legitimate, pays royalties to the artist, is listed by the artist, and is of very high quality.

The other place, probably not so much;) Thank you, have a nice day!
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 12:14:11 PM
Here is a lovely new twist in reviews. I left 2 reviews on the latest iphone taken and listed this morning of mine, and just got an email the reviews were posted, but they slipped them under some items I had purchased from Amazon in the past and left unreviewed. Now I feel bad for those sellers, as their product was great. This is making my head spin!
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 12:25:55 PM
nordicpeek wrote:
I noticed that too flyingtheflag. I see several more 1 star review, but they cannot be read. At least the 1 stars are being allowed, that's got to help us some, I would think.

yes, im not sure if it is that good for us since the costumer will not know why the pillows have a 1 star review and therefore will not know that the designs have been stolen... if they see our pillow, with the genuine design/photo they will related it to the 1 star.... if you know what i mean. I think this is another shaddy practice by Amazon.
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 1:21:12 PM
Gotcha! Amazon sure appears to enable known thieves. How could they NOT know by now?