Zazzle on Amazon 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 2:41:04 AM
I was just doing a search on Amazon (checking for stolen designs), and I came upon one my designs. I was about to report it when I noticed that the seller was another popular POD site that I also use. CafePress. So it seems that CF is selling products directly on Amazon.

CF ON Amazon

And now my question is why can't Zazzle do that. It might help stop a lot of the counterfeits. You know, if they can get the original straight from the source. Plus Amazon wouldn't have to keep pretending that it didn't know all those stolen designs were there while it sucked up the money from them. It would benefit all of us.
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 2:52:42 AM
T-shirt designers on Amazon Merch have had their designs stolen by others on Amazon. It doesn't bode well.
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 3:44:10 AM
Yeah. Everyone has their designs stolen by Amazon. At least if we offer our products we have a piece of it.
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 3:45:39 AM
Zazzle used to put some of our products on Amazon a few years ago.
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 4:36:17 AM
I'm pretty sure that when CP sells a product through Amazon, or any other offsite MP, the designer only gets 5%.
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 8:35:46 AM
Jerry Lambert wrote:
I'm pretty sure that when CP sells a product through Amazon, or any other offsite MP, the designer only gets 5%.


It's probably 1% knowing CP. They're the worst POD out there. Basically no editor and everything white background. I'm surprised they have any customers. But I don't like to stick all my eggs in one basket, so I toss stuff in there now and then.
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 8:36:58 AM
Maz wrote:
Zazzle used to put some of our products on Amazon a few years ago.


Was there any word on why they stopped?
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 9:27:53 AM
templeofswag wrote:
Maz wrote:
Zazzle used to put some of our products on Amazon a few years ago.


Was there any word on why they stopped?

Just a guess: Maybe they were just testing the waters and found it wasn't cost effective.
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 10:37:17 AM
Zazzle had put a number of my products on Amazon years ago. It was cool! Not sure why they stopped.
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 8:14:10 AM
templeofswag wrote:
And now my question is why can't Zazzle do that. It might help stop a lot of the counterfeits.

Sorry to have to disagree, but it wouldn't. Whenever someone creates a listing on Amazon, it becomes a permanent part of their "catalog". Third party sellers can retrieve the associated images, etc. from this "catalog" to create their own listing. In other words, you will no longer have any control over who uses your art - Amazon lays claim to any images associated with a listing on their site, unless you can prove that you didn't give permission for them to be uploaded/used in the first place.

So the counterfeiters wouldn't stop; if anything, it could make it a lot easier for them because they would have access to even more of our images via Amazon's "catalog", instead of having to scrape them off the web. And we would be utterly powerless to stop them.

I can tell you this: The day that Zazzle returns to listing products with our designs on Amazon will be the day that I permanently close up shop here.
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 8:16:09 AM
templeofswag wrote:
Yeah. Everyone has their designs stolen by Amazon. At least if we offer our products we have a piece of it.

This presumes fair competition, which doesn't exist on Amazon. We would be undercut by the counterfeiters; priced right out of the market.
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 8:18:48 AM
templeofswag wrote:
Maz wrote:
Zazzle used to put some of our products on Amazon a few years ago.


Was there any word on why they stopped?

Not that I recall, but my hunch is licensing issues. There's a fair amount of people here whose artwork uses images they didn't personally create, but licensed from somewhere else. Listing on Amazon has the potential to conflict with those terms - especially in light of the way Amazon lays claim to any images associated with a listing there.
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 10:06:23 PM
somethingartish wrote:
templeofswag wrote:
And now my question is why can't Zazzle do that. It might help stop a lot of the counterfeits.

Sorry to have to disagree, but it wouldn't. Whenever someone creates a listing on Amazon, it becomes a permanent part of their "catalog". Third party sellers can retrieve the associated images, etc. from this "catalog" to create their own listing. In other words, you will no longer have any control over who uses your art - Amazon lays claim to any images associated with a listing on their site, unless you can prove that you didn't give permission for them to be uploaded/used in the first place.

So the counterfeiters wouldn't stop; if anything, it could make it a lot easier for them because they would have access to even more of our images via Amazon's "catalog", instead of having to scrape them off the web. And we would be utterly powerless to stop them.

I can tell you this: The day that Zazzle returns to listing products with our designs on Amazon will be the day that I permanently close up shop here.



It's okay to disagree with me. I'm just throwing something out there into the wind.
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2017 1:24:16 PM
somethingartish wrote:
templeofswag wrote:
And now my question is why can't Zazzle do that. It might help stop a lot of the counterfeits.

Sorry to have to disagree, but it wouldn't. Whenever someone creates a listing on Amazon, it becomes a permanent part of their "catalog". Third party sellers can retrieve the associated images, etc. from this "catalog" to create their own listing. In other words, you will no longer have any control over who uses your art - Amazon lays claim to any images associated with a listing on their site, unless you can prove that you didn't give permission for them to be uploaded/used in the first place.

So the counterfeiters wouldn't stop; if anything, it could make it a lot easier for them because they would have access to even more of our images via Amazon's "catalog", instead of having to scrape them off the web. And we would be utterly powerless to stop them.

I can tell you this: The day that Zazzle returns to listing products with our designs on Amazon will be the day that I permanently close up shop here.


I have to agree. Even stolen designs, once they hit Amazon, the sellers multiply like rats. The thieves using Amazon already use the product images - for example, stolen pillow designs have the same wrinkles/indentations, etc. as shown in your Zazzle store so why make it easier for them.
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 12:38:26 AM
Does anyone know if this is really Zazzle on Amazon?

(I find it odd because the brand name is not showing as trademarked with an image instead of just text in the brand name section like CafePress does.)

https://www.amazon.com/Zazzle/b/ref=w_bl_sl_ap_ap_web_3110398011?ie=UTF8&node=3110398011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Zazzle
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 6:11:53 AM
ironydesign wrote:
Does anyone know if this is really Zazzle on Amazon?

(I find it odd because the brand name is not showing as trademarked with an image instead of just text in the brand name section like CafePress does.)

https://www.amazon.com/Zazzle/b/ref=w_bl_sl_ap_ap_web_3110398011?ie=UTF8&node=3110398011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Zazzle

That looks like it's legit to me. "Sold by Zazzle" is the reason I say so.
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 7:19:50 AM
Quote:

That looks like it's legit to me. "Sold by Zazzle" is the reason I say so.


Anyone can say it's from Zazzle that way though.
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 7:23:36 AM
the part that makes me think it is legit is in the URL where it says /Zazzle

That usually indicates the store you are looking at just like it does here...

if there was some other name there I would worry.
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 7:44:02 AM
ironydesign wrote:
Quote:

That looks like it's legit to me. "Sold by Zazzle" is the reason I say so.


Anyone can say it's from Zazzle that way though.

I understand that, but that's the way to tell on Amazon. If someone were impersonating Zazzle, it would be handled by Zazzle swiftly, I'm sure. It would be their trademark being infringed, and they would have the right to report it (unlike when it's our designs stolen, and we're the ones with the right to report). I can't imagine that sort of listing/infringement would last more than a minute. Also, I can't lay my fingers on it right now, but I believe it was Christine who also asserted that was the way to tell.

This is the only answer I can find.

https://forum.zazzle.com/news/we_re_selling_zazzle_products_on_3rd_party

Quote:
Q: How will designers be able to ascertain that Zazzle has posted their items for sale on a 3rd party site versus someone pirating their products?

A: Most marketplace websites have attribution to the seller of the product. You should be able to tell if the seller is Zazzle versus some other entity.
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 7:48:00 AM
Yup, thats us Grin Grin Roses
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 2:44:19 AM
Thank You So Much! Love Love Love
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 2:49:35 AM
I just clicked on a random product on the Zazzle Amazon store to see the Shipping and it looks like someone has it from China illegally. Sad

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B076DLXMDG/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 6:55:52 AM
ironydesign wrote:
I just clicked on a random product on the Zazzle Amazon store to see the Shipping and it looks like someone has it from China illegally. Sad

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B076DLXMDG/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new


Wow. On the bright side you just found an easy way to find the pirates.
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 7:26:58 AM
ironydesign wrote:
I just clicked on a random product on the Zazzle Amazon store to see the Shipping and it looks like someone has it from China illegally. Sad



I searched Zazzle in their storefront and found 100 products:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=me%3DA17PNBDMN9KADB&field-keywords=zazzle
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 11:10:41 AM
Hi everyone,

Hope your week is going well so far! We wanted to follow up on this and let you that if you have found a seller on Amazon who is listing your designs without permission. Please follow these steps to submit infringement reports on their listings.

Thank you!
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 6:21:13 PM
Jon wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hope your week is going well so far! We wanted to follow up on this and let you that if you have found a seller on Amazon who is listing your designs without permission. Please follow these steps to submit infringement reports on their listings.

Thank you!


I would do that for my own but don't have the time to do that for other people's designs.
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 6:35:15 PM
Karen Coffelt wrote:
Jon wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hope your week is going well so far! We wanted to follow up on this and let you that if you have found a seller on Amazon who is listing your designs without permission. Please follow these steps to submit infringement reports on their listings.

Thank you!


I would do that for my own but don't have the time to do that for other people's designs.


I’m pretty sure you need to be the owner of the copyright to report it but you can contact the person you think is being infringed and tell them. But sometimes it might be a public domain image or a licensed image that they have bought the rights to use so it is really best not to try to be the copyright police and just report your own things if you find them.
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 6:43:40 PM
Karen Coffelt wrote:
Jon wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hope your week is going well so far! We wanted to follow up on this and let you that if you have found a seller on Amazon who is listing your designs without permission. Please follow these steps to submit infringement reports on their listings.

Thank you!


I would do that for my own but don't have the time to do that for other people's designs.


Yes, you do it for your own. I believe the use of "their" in Jon's post is in reference to the sellers and their listings of "your" designs. That is what you report.... not designs of others that have been stolen. Just saying it is possible it read as "report all stolen designs" *shrugs*
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2018 12:11:41 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Karen Coffelt wrote:
Jon wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hope your week is going well so far! We wanted to follow up on this and let you that if you have found a seller on Amazon who is listing your designs without permission. Please follow these steps to submit infringement reports on their listings.

Thank you!


I would do that for my own but don't have the time to do that for other people's designs.


I’m pretty sure you need to be the owner of the copyright to report it but you can contact the person you think is being infringed and tell them. But sometimes it might be a public domain image or a licensed image that they have bought the rights to use so it is really best not to try to be the copyright police and just report your own things if you find them.


A couple of years ago there was a large, organized effort by Zazzle shopkeepers. A major part of the effort was to search Amazon for stolen images and contact affected Zazzlers. It was a lot of work, but Amazon responded and, for a time, the situation was much improved. I am up for another round if there is sufficient interest.

Be aware that when making infringement reports that you must submit your report on the domain where the infringement is found. For example, if you find an infringing pillow on Amazon's French site, you must submit a report there. The exception would be, at least sometimes, when products with the same ASIN (Amazon's SKU), appear on multiple domains, one report will cause them all to be removed.
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2018 3:47:44 AM

The store is from zazzle but someone has it linked to Evely-k store somehow.


https://www.amazon.com/Zazzle-Colorful-Dragonflies-Mouse-Pad/dp/B076DLYDSS/ref=sr_1_218?m=A17PNBDMN9KADB&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1543747991&sr=1-218

If you look over to the left you will see where is says:
$6.99 + $4.99 shipping
Only 20 left in stock - order soon. Sold by Evely-k


Click on there Evely-k
store name and you will see it takes you right to there store with over 1000 items. I click on a few others and it is the same thing. In this store how many are from zazzle. It the title says zazzle 1st and then the item name it is most likly going to Evely-k

Somehow there stealing it right from zazzles Amazon account and it is going into there account.


The top of the page says:
Zazzle Colorful Dragonflies Mouse Pad
by Zazzle
The zazzle link goes right to zazzle on amazon.

Now scroll down the page and you will see this:


I do believe that zazzle should take care of this. I did report it to Amazon and explained everything.

If I am wrong about this, I am sorry in advance.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded