Zazzle: my designs and copyrights are not yours to give away 16 pages: First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:54:35 AM
vivendulies wrote:
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

if I stay it will be to post only pd and generic patterns and I am still debating whether to stay on the off chance that Zazzle somehow comes to their senses.

I didn't spent all these hours for nothing, but reading the changes in the terms doesn't help.

In a discussion on FB I was prompted with 'they fixed the download' and I immediately reacted by 'no they didn't' in my mind and then it came to me why I still have a problem, not only is it still granted generally to all content on zazzles servers, which I find suspicious, what follows is formulated as a letter of intend.

Zazzle will not do this and if you click that zazzle will do that. What else does zazzle want the download license for then?

Yes, I too have become much more suspicious of their motives than I was. And it is their own doing.

The announcement last night felt like them just throwing us a bone.

What is that business strategy that is common nowadays... create chaos then give them part of what they are demanding to appease them and pretty soon they forget about being upset... I can't remember where I heard about that but I have witnessed it before right here at this site.

This latest move was even more bold by machine gunning the changes the way they did so that we couldn't keep up with it all.

Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:06:56 AM
I have been trying to avoid all this what I find very complicated stuff, I'm not at all good at tecky things and don't understand a lot of it, I just paint pictures. But there's one thing that I'm very confused over and that's this copyright thingSad Am I correct in thinking that zazzle will be taking ownership of my original artwork? I have original paintings on prints, t-shirts, cards and everything else. British copyright laws say that I have complete ownership of all my original artwork and I am the only person who has a right to sell it or reproduse it, that's a very basic way of saying it but I don't know the exact way the copyright is written. So how can the copyright laws of another country overide the copyright laws of the counrty I live in? I'm very confused by all this stuff. I need to continue with my store as money isn't short right nowSad
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:07:08 AM
I didn't quote vivendulies or Shelli, but thank you. I can't ever figure out that quote thing unless I do it just once!

I may do what lioncrusher did. All my designs/illustrations/patterns are my own, created by me. If I see my stuff out there somewhere, I want it to because someone bought it from me by way of my digital stores which do far better than any of my POD sites. I'm currently thinking about going back to making clip art and repeat patterns for my digital shops.

About that dormant/fee thing. How do we bypass that if we can't delete our store or account? I only have one store.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:18:47 AM
@ArtOriginals

You have to do what's best for you. I am in the same boat as you. I create acrylic paintings and scan them to sell as art prints and other products. All of the artwork in my store is my own original art. The terms of service are so nebulous and they are't really making us feel any better with the clarifications. I am not willing to transfer my copyright or license to anyone except who I intend to, and I don't want to get into any legal battles because of poor wording in their terms of service. I have enough issues fighting pirates and thieves online, I don't need to make it easier for them.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:25:57 AM
artoriginals wrote:
I have been trying to avoid all this what I find very complicated stuff, I'm not at all good at tecky things and don't understand a lot of it, I just paint pictures. But there's one thing that I'm very confused over and that's this copyright thingSad Am I correct in thinking that zazzle will be taking ownership of my original artwork? I have original paintings on prints, t-shirts, cards and everything else. British copyright laws say that I have complete ownership of all my original artwork and I am the only person who has a right to sell it or reproduse it, that's a very basic way of saying it but I don't know the exact way the copyright is written. So how can the copyright laws of another country overide the copyright laws of the counrty I live in? I'm very confused by all this stuff. I need to continue with my store as money isn't short right nowSad

you do own the copyrights to your work in your country and in the US

What we do here under the terms we signed up under, is we grant Zazzle a license to print our art per copy in exchange for a royalty of x $ amount or percentage of the sale price per copy.

we never agree to give up our copyrights and Zazzle never has any legal control of them.

this is in the current user and designer agreement we have already agreed to.

What is about to happen if they do not further revise the new terms that go into effect on Nov 22 is that they have included clauses where we end up agreeing to grant copyrights to random users who initiate a collaboration on our work.

They have added language that is supposed to help put limits on the extent of those rights but there are loopholes in the legalese that leave us vulnerable and open to copyright disputes and make it hard for us to win because of the wording.

The way the new terms always work is that by logging in or using the site we have agreed to what is in the terms. That is why many of us are prepared not to log in on or after Nov 22.

I am trying to explain it the best I can in normal language and I hope that helps... if I forgot something I hope someone else will jump in and add to it.

Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:27:22 AM
LavenderMintGraphics wrote:
I didn't quote vivendulies or Shelli, but thank you. I can't ever figure out that quote thing unless I do it just once!

I may do what lioncrusher did. All my designs/illustrations/patterns are my own, created by me. If I see my stuff out there somewhere, I want it to because someone bought it from me by way of my digital stores which do far better than any of my POD sites. I'm currently thinking about going back to making clip art and repeat patterns for my digital shops.

About that dormant/fee thing. How do we bypass that if we can't delete our store or account? I only have one store.

Only by creating one product each month then they can't charge you $2 for being a non contributor.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:29:51 AM
vivendulies wrote:

if I stay it will be to post only pd and generic patterns and I am still debating whether to stay on the off chance that Zazzle somehow comes to their senses.

I didn't spent all these hours for nothing, but reading the changes in the terms doesn't help.

In a discussion on FB I was prompted with 'they fixed the download' and I immediately reacted by 'no they didn't' in my mind and then it came to me why I still have a problem, not only is it still granted generally to all content on zazzles servers, which I find suspicious, what follows is formulated as a letter of intend.

Zazzle will not do this and if you click that zazzle will do that. What else does zazzle want the download license for then?

Yes, I too have become much more suspicious of their motives than I was. And it is their own doing.

What is that business strategy that is common nowadays... create chaos then give them part of what they are demanding to appease them and pretty soon they forget about being upset... I can't remember where I heard about that but I have witnessed it before right here at this site.

This latest move was even more bold by machine gunning the changes the way they did so that we couldn't keep up with it all.

I might be one of the several who expressed those predictions Shelli.
Basically TOS chaos... followed by TOS crumbs.

I don't forget. I am still disgusted with that whole quietly become "their own affiliate thing" so that new people/customers I bring to Z get hit with about 19 Z affiliate links in their welcome email.

That whole thing left a real bad taste in my mouth so... very sad to say...none of surprises me.
I will look at the crumbs TOS and see if I want to or can swallow them...however I assure you that my primary focus will not be working 80 hours making promoting z products etc. a week while waiting for yet another shoe to drop.

Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:36:43 AM
AnnaRosaEnergyArtist wrote:
vivendulies wrote:

I don't forget. I am still disgusted with that whole quietly become "their own affiliate thing" so that new people/customers I bring to Z get hit with about 19 Z affiliate links in their welcome email.

That whole thing left a real bad taste in my mouth so... very sad to say...none of surprises me.
I will look at the crumbs TOS and see if I want to or can swallow them...however I assure you that my primary focus will not be working 80 hours making promoting z products etc. a week while waiting for yet another shoe to drop.

I have seen so many shoes drop I am wondering how many feet they have... that would be funny except it's not.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:38:42 AM

Only by creating one product each month then they can't charge you $2 for being a non contributor.

So ... basically once we open a store/account with Zazzle we're stuck with them for life?
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:40:07 AM
vivendulies wrote:

I have seen so many shoes drop I am wondering how many feet they have... that would be funny except it's not.

You read my mind Shelli. At first I was quietly thinking octopus...but then corrected my thoughts.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:40:51 AM

So ... basically once we open a store/account with Zazzle we're stuck with them for life?

or until you have no more pending payments left...
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:44:27 AM
Quote:

OMG I was so focused on the chat thing and this whole mess I completely forgot about this sh--! Why on earth does Z need their own affiliate referral id? They get to steal my referral away and in addition take their own referral carveout of my royalty. What a bunch of BS!
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:46:52 AM

or until you have no more pending payments left...

Sorry to keep bugging you, but I'd rather get my answers from y'all than Zazzle right now! So by pending payments ... is that what Zazzle owes me or is that maybe something I've bought from Zazzle, which I haven't. I just that that $7.55 owed me but at the rate I'm going it'll take me forever to reach whatever threshold it is to get paid. And I'm 62 so time's a wasting!! Grin
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:48:17 AM
lioncrusher wrote:
Quote:

OMG I was so focused on the chat thing and this whole mess I completely forgot about this sh--! Why on earth does Z need their own affiliate referral id? They get to steal my referral away and in addition take their own referral carveout of my royalty. What a bunch of BS!

Yep. Reality vs. this... https://blog.zazzle.com/2016/02/08/protecting-intellectual-property/
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:54:06 AM
artoriginals wrote:
But there's one thing that I'm very confused over and that's this copyright thingSad Am I correct in thinking that zazzle will be taking ownership of my original artwork?

No. Actually with zazzle themselves it is fairly straight forward still. You upload you grant some rights, you delete you terminate those rights. Though they want a little more than before and they are lot more brazen in what they do with their rights.

Where it gets very dicey is when zazzle grants rights to users like when they advertise the create tool with
Quote:
"Welcome to Zazzle Create [...]
Take the digital artwork you create, download it and USE IT ANYWHERE FOR ANY PURPOSE [...]
on the create tool entry page when your NOT logged in.

or in the collaboration term.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:57:12 AM

Close it by terminating it. The proper save way is by registered letter, the lazy way is be sending an email to zazzle support that you terminate the account and will have to repeat it several times most likely.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:57:39 AM

Sorry to keep bugging you, but I'd rather get my answers from y'all than Zazzle right now! So by pending payments ... is that what Zazzle owes me or is that maybe something I've bought from Zazzle, which I haven't. I just that that $7.55 owed me but at the rate I'm going it'll take me forever to reach whatever threshold it is to get paid. And I'm 62 so time's a wasting!! Grin

yes it is what Zazzle owes you from cleared sales and pending sales minus any cancelled sales.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 12:27:55 PM
vivendulies and shelli .. thank you.

Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:05:03 PM
DreamEssence_Designs wrote:

UPDATE:
Your stores have just changed. Very little designer branding. Only items that have sold. This is a store with HIDDEN products and set on PRIVATE.

Can anyone get into their backend to delete or view their products?
Ok...corrected. Whew...that was scary.

Mine still looks the same and is hidden. I can view my products. Hope it's just a glitch for you.

Just read your update. Glad it's fixed. Smile

Me too.
I had to re-hide a few hundred products.

Could you or any here do me an easy favor please?
In the search box can you search "anna rosa" ? I still see my products even on browsers I seldom use. All products are now HIDDEN and the store is PRIVATE.
If you do see products...can you please click to see if you can add them to your shopping cart?
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:27:32 PM

UPDATE:
Your stores have just changed. Very little designer branding. Only items that have sold. This is a store with HIDDEN products and set on PRIVATE.

Mine still looks the same and is hidden. I can view my products. Hope it's just a glitch for you.

Me too.

In the search box can you search "anna rosa" ? I still see my products even on browsers I seldom use. All products are now HIDDEN and the store is PRIVATE.
If you do see products...can you please click to see if you can add them to your shopping cart?

I don't see any of your products. I did earlier but they are gone now.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:30:57 PM

UPDATE:

Me too.

I clicked on your name and got this:

*Your search for "annarosaenergyartist" did not match any products*

Plus, I opened up Zazzle and put Anna Rosa in the search bar. I don't know what your products look like, but I didn't see anything under Anna Rosa Energy Artist.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:49:04 PM
I searched also nothing under annarosaenergyartist
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:50:20 PM
I have deleted my images but not my products. I was going to switch out a category image and there are some images I deleted showing under 'Recent Images' How do I get rid of those or is it just a cache?
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:02:19 PM
I have deleted my images but not my products. I was going to switch out a category image and there are some images I deleted showing under 'Recent Images' How do I get rid of those or is it just a cache?

it should be just a cache.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:05:18 PM

it should be just a cache.

Thanks Shelli I was surprised to see anything there especially for this last design because I deleted it before it could be set inside a category. Thanks again!
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:50:49 PM
Hey I just now had a customer purchase a calendar that I had deleted two days ago. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:02:50 PM
lioncrusher wrote:
Hey I just now had a customer purchase a calendar that I had deleted two days ago. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Yes I've had a couple of nameplates sell designs hidden for a few days now.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:02:56 PM
I have, a long time ago when I was new I deleted a keychain and remade it. a few weeks later the old one that I had deleted sold.

I came to the forums asking for answers and they told me it must have been in someone's saved folder.

This is not boding well for collaborations!
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:06:59 PM
Shelli:

If the deleted designs in someone's saved folder can still sell, then even deleting our products will not prevent collaboration and customization!
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:10:52 PM
lioncrusher wrote:
Shelli:

If the deleted designs in someone's saved folder can still sell, then even deleting our products will not prevent collaboration and customization!

Just when we thought things were bad....

Question is... did you at least get paid for the deleted sale?