Zazzle, can you please add circular / oval crop shapes to your crop tool?
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 7:33:09 PM
It would be awesome if in addition to the rectangular crop tool Zazzle added circular and oval crop shapes. Idea
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:50:50 AM
Thinking about the fact that I don't have that even in Photoshop, I'm not sure it's possible to have curved crop.
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:02:29 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Thinking about the fact that I don't have that even in Photoshop, I'm not sure it's possible to have curved crop.

They have one in Paint Shop Pro, but it is called "selection" you can crop a circle, an oval, a rectangle a square, a rectangle or square with curved corners. You can even select an amount to feather the edges so it fades at the edges. Of course it is two step process. You have to select the area, then copy it and paste as a new selection, a new layer, or a new design. I would also like to see an opacity option on the design tool. That would really come in handy.
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:42:35 AM
Yes, I create ovals, and in particular in the form of vignettes in Photoshop, but as you say, it requires more than one step.

I'm in total agreement about opacity, but like oval/circular cropping, I wonder if it can be implemented in whatever language is being used online. JavaScript maybe? (Just a guess.)
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 6:59:01 AM
Happy to pass on the suggestion but don't think it's something we'll be able to provide anytime soon. Thanks!
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:52:10 PM
randysgrandma wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

They have one in Paint Shop Pro, but it is called "selection" you can crop a circle, an oval, a rectangle a square, a rectangle or square with curved corners. You can even select an amount to feather the edges so it fades at the edges. Of course it is two step process. You have to select the area, then copy it and paste as a new selection, a new layer, or a new design. I would also like to see an opacity option on the design tool. That would really come in handy.

In Photoshop it's the Marquee tool. Smile

And thanks Finbarr!
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 6:52:56 AM
+1